Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Is there any thoughts about the VZW customers who preordered from the Verizon Website being able to exchange at a Corporate Store?

Peace. Alan

Shouldn't be an issue. I was able to exchange my sons Note 7 in store the day after it arrived. I preordered it seconds after ordering started and it arrived the 19th then exchanged it the 20th. Our reasons for exchanging it were minor compared to this.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Maybe I'll swap for silver also. I got sick of the silver/chrome S7 edge after a couple of weeks and went for black.
Is the silver Note 7 the same Chrome/Mirror silver of the S7 Edge?

Not sure. I haven't seen it in person yet. Either way I'll probably be happy having it back. I loved my chrome S7 Edge. If I visit Verizon this coming week I'll keep you posted.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
YES!!! This is the approach. Relax, allow the new units to get stocked, policies to get in place, then go in. I plan to wait an bit beyond that even. I want the stores to have done many before I go in, so I am in there as short a time as possible.

In fact, I ordered on line as well. If they will ship me a new one, and allow me to ship back after getting the new one (my absolute preference), I will be all over that.

That is what Tmobile told me the plan is. If I chose to have a new one shipped to me and then ship old unit to them. or swap it out in store. Right now they are giving the option of obtaining a refund or exchange for another type of phone but all the phones out there are a downgrade right now. if you want a refund as of now you have until sept 30th for tmobile. If later in the month there is still not a new Note then I will consider swapping it out for the V20 then.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
That is what Tmobile told me the plan is. If I chose to have a new one shipped to me and then ship old unit to them. or swap it out in store. Right now they are giving the option of obtaining a refund or exchange for another type of phone but all the phones out there are a downgrade right now. if you want a refund as of now you have until sept 30th for tmobile. If later in the month there is still not a new Note then I will consider swapping it out for the V20 then.

Then why are you lurking on the Verizon thread? Every carrier is going about the recall differently.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I hope they will mail out replacements and we send in the old one, this way I have time to do smart switch.
I hope so as well but thinking they may ship out the replacement and have us drop the defective ones at the stores. They may have to ship these back a particular way where it could be a potential fire/explosion hazard.

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I really love my N7💙 i don't want a replacement! Now if i have to return it to get a new N7 then i will have no problem of letting it go

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes. It's coming next wk or the following wk. You can keep your note until you walk in the store and exchange it for the new one once received by Verizon. I've called Samsung and Verizon both, daily. I just now spoke with my Verizon store, as impossible as it seems to get it done so quickly, it's true. He confirmed it. I guess u just have to keep calling to find out when their shipment are due in. So that's what I intend to do. After using the 7 I wouldn't switch to anything else. I've had no problems whatsoever with mine. So I'm VERY happy keeping it until the switch .

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes. It's coming next wk or the following wk. You can keep your note until you walk in the store and exchange it for the new one once received by Verizon. I've called Samsung and Verizon both, daily. I just now spoke with my Verizon store, as impossible as it seems to get it done so quickly, it's true. He confirmed it. I guess u just have to keep calling to find out when their shipment are due in. So that's what I intend to do. After using the 7 I wouldn't switch to anything else. I've had no problems whatsoever with mine. So I'm VERY happy keeping it until the switch .
Did you get your original from the store or per-order from Verizon website?

Peace. Alan

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I preordered and bought it at Verizon. Now I'm happy. I thought I'd be without it. Now i know i won't. Good job Samsung and good job Verizon for putting up with me!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Your Note is not fine.

Why would you receive a worse one? If there is a problem with your new one, swap it out.

You could end up with one with dead pixels, notification problems, LTE signal problems, manufacturing blemishes ETC.
I guess it's just a chance everyone will have to take.

Alan, what does that dog have in his mouth? Looks like an Egg Mcmuffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes