Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have been with Verizon long enough to know that if you ask 3 Verizon reps the same question, you are likely to get 3 different answers. So keep that in mind.

I was told by a Verizon rep that next week they will be getting the IMEIs of the affected devices from Samsung. This doesn't mean that you can't exchange your device if your IMEI is not affected, you can.
When you say that you talked to a Verizon rep, did you just dial 611 from your phone and talk to the first person that answered? If yes then I wouldn't put much credence in it.I have had Verizon reps tell me even information directly contradicting their written customer agreement, and insisting that they were right.

So, if you really want to know, contact George Koroneos, the Verizon rep who put up the notice. I have already contacted him and he responded quickly... Although this is the weekend so not sure how fast his response will be.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...rizon-preorders-start-tomorrow&token=PbFYUojl

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Folks.. I feel like I have to post this about once every 2 hours, but if you are looking for a Note for Note swap, please just WAIT. Don't go into a Verizon store today or tomorrow. Don't call Verizon today or tomorrow asking about a Note for Note swap.

It takes a long time for all the channels to get correct info about things they are familiar with sometimes, never mind things that are brand new. At this early stage, you are very likely to get incomplete, conflicting, or incorrect info - from Verizon and Samsung too. Just wait until new Note 7's are in stock to ask, or at least wait a week or just a few days for info to disseminate from the top down in Verizon and Samsung.

Every single one of these "I called Verizon and they said <x>" posts needs to be taken with a grain of salt for now folks. It's not their fault. It takes time, and this is a first: an unprecedented event in smartphones for the most part. I know it's hard, but just enjoy your phone and just W A I T :).

Rosesrread1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with the manager at the Verizon store i deal with. Spoke to him late this aft , he had just heard about receiving the new notes as early as this coming wk or next . I'm hoping hes right Very frustrating.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Rep Claims They are Getting a List of Affected IMEIs Next Week

I did. Again, I am just voicing my opinion. If Android Central wants people to stop talking about the recall and instruct everyone to return their phones, they should shut this forum down for a few months.

100% up to you what you choose to do. We have a recommendation that I believe is the right course for most people, but not gonna force anyone to do anything even if we could. That said, we are not too pleased currently with SOME of the people telling others that they should not do the exchange.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site

100% up to you what you choose to do. We have a recommendation that I believe is the right course for most people, but not gonna force anyone to do anything even if we could. That said, we are not too pleased currently with SOME of the people telling others that they should not do the exchange.

I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not do, I'm simply saying not everything is set in stone. Things can change or develop.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I'm not telling anyone what they should or should not do, I'm simply saying not everything is set in stone. Things can change or develop.

Sorry if that came off as if I were saying that you were implying or saying that. That's a general statement; what you're doing trying to figure out what you're personally going to do is totally up to you.

I meant it as "you're fine, do whatever you want" long pause "not a fan of people trying to convince others to take risks".

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The other thing I'm a little concerned about is getting Samsung Pay transferred. I have heard that's nothing less than a giant hassle.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The other thing I'm a little concerned about is getting Samsung Pay transferred. I have heard that's nothing less than a giant hassle.

You mean the free $20 gift card? If so, just use it. I'm sure you can use it for some groceries or something that you were going to buy anyway. For your other cards just add them back to the new phone. No hassles there.

Last edited:

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I call this BS. Samsung will not do a FULL recall if this was the case. This is just silly.

Its also silly and a waste of tons of money replace charging cables, bricks and earbuds .

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When you say that you talked to a Verizon rep, did you just dial 611 from your phone and talk to the first person that answered? If yes then I wouldn't put much credence in it.I have had Verizon reps tell me even information directly contradicting their written customer agreement, and insisting that they were right.

So, if you really want to know, contact George Koroneos, the Verizon rep who put up the notice. I have already contacted him and he responded quickly... Although this is the weekend so not sure how fast his response will be.

Meet the new Samsung Galaxy Note7 from Verizon; preorders start tomorrow | About Verizon

the video in the link you posted is private and I can't get it to play because it is private

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Anyone considering getting a refund? Will prices fall after the recall?

I honestly feel the price of the Note 7 will come down after this recall issue. Considering getting a refund and waiting it out a bit.

I still have my old phone, does anyone think the price of the Note will be affected by this?

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Anyone considering getting a refund? Will prices fall after the recall?

I returned mine within the 14 day return period. I think that was the best choice for me.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

Honestly I think it will. That's why I'm considering bailing, among other issues like performance. With the bad publicity and lack of confidence I can foresee the resale value dropping drastically.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I returned mine today. Just didn't want to commit to it so going to hold off for a few weeks to see what the iPhone 7, LG V20, Pixel and Pixel XL will have in store. I haven't closed the door on getting the note again but will wait.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Honestly I think it will. That's why I'm considering bailing, among other issues like performance. With the bad publicity and lack of confidence I can foresee the resale value dropping drastically.

I think resale value will definitely be hurt. Will be very skeptical buyers and not willing to pay as much. Best thing to do in my opinion is to not pay full retail for this device and do an installment agreement that will let you upgrade at 1 year or when 50% has been paid. The carrier has to take the device back on trade in and you can get you something new and not lose money. I'm not sure this is the device you want to commit to for longer than a year. Not because it's a bad device, because it's not. But because of the circumstances that may make it a poor money decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.