Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Without reading thru the whole thread, has it been said yet when the renew date or payment plan situation is? Am I keeping 8-19 or is it resetting to the new date?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
If you're looking for a corporate store, you want to avoid any store that says "authorized retailer" or "premium retailer"....like this....View attachment 238389

Or anything that has their own name, like Bullfrog or Red Dot Wireless. I had to explain it to my oldest brother that the authorized retailers were ripping him off charging him for his Sim cards every time he went in there to get a new one.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I per-ordered my phone and got it on the 19th at my house, today I went to a corporate store today to ask about the recall.
They told me i can exchange for S7 or an S7 Edge or return it for a full refund i was also told that i have to bring every thing that came in the box back Box, cables, adapters & phone
When I exchange my note 7 for the new one, I'm going to leave my old stuff at home hoping to gain an extra charger out of the deal. It's hit and miss with rep asking for the accessories that came with the phone, if they do then just tell them to take the ones that came with the new phone, they will do that, I've done that before. Sometimes you get lucky and gain an extra charger. At the very least have it on your car just in case, but might as well try.

Obviously if you choose to return the note 7 for a refund or exchange it for the s7 deal then obviously you need to return everything.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon told me this morning through Facebook messenger that it will accept recalled damaged phones within reason. So don't be overly careless with the phones you going to return to Verizon or you might be calling Samsung for your return.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
When I exchange my note 7 for the new one, I'm going to leave my old stuff at home hoping to gain an extra charger out of the deal. It's hit and miss with rep asking for the accessories that came with the phone, if they do then just tell them to take the ones that came with the new phone, they will do that, I've done that before. Sometimes you get lucky and gain an extra charger. At the very least have it on your car just in case, but might as well try.

Obviously if you choose to return the note 7 for a refund or exchange it for the s7 deal then obviously you need to return everything.

I'm not inclined to think that way, if i need the extras i purchase them.

bomarco

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't it seem a little strange that Verizon has not notified customers in any way about this situation (at least I have not been notified and I don't recall others in the forum saying that received an email or text)? It seems like the other US carriers have at least notified their Galaxy Note 7 purchasers. Surely Verizon has a database of purchasers and can reach out to them, if only to reduce their liability.

TLD1

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Larceny. Gotta love it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Larceny. Gotta love it.
And you to, they will ask for it if they want it. Gotta love it, ha ha.

Is it so hard to understand what I said. I said wait till they ask for it and then tell them to take what came with new phone, did not say steal it. Sometimes they don't need them, just the phone so keep it if you can

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I think you have to return the box and all original accessories as they're giving you a brand new phone with box and accessories.

It's not like when you return your phone for insurance and you keep everything but the phone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think you have to return the box and all original accessories as they're giving you a brand new phone with box and accessories.

It's not like when you return your phone for insurance and you keep everything but the phone.
That could be, you never know. But I do know if you lost something like the usb adapter, they will let you give them the one in the new box. I'm just saying if they don't ask for it, they don't need it, might as well gain extra accessories if you can.

I make $35+ hour, so $25 bill credit for me to spend all that time to set up a new phone doesn't come close to paying for my inconvenience, even with smart switch, extra accessories would help. LOL

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Anyone rocking it naked or mostly so until the new shipment comes in?
I think I'm going to. Since where are essentially getting a free get out of jail card, why not? It feels pretty nice to rock a brand new phone naked without any real worrying. That doesn't mean I'm going to be playing hacky sack with it or anything though lol. Plus it will give me an indication of how it can handle day to day life being exposed.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm going to. Since where are essentially getting a free get out of jail card, why not? It feels pretty nice to rock a brand new phone naked without any real worrying. That doesn't mean I'm going to be playing hacky sack with it or anything though lol.

LOL I'm on the edge of pulling the out of box protector off and slipping off the case into something more comfortable. But it'll go back into the case for Guard mayhem this coming week.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't it seem a little strange that Verizon has not notified customers in any way about this situation (at least I have not been notified and I don't recall others in the forum saying that received an email or text)? It seems like the other US carriers have at least notified their Galaxy Note 7 purchasers. Surely Verizon has a database of purchasers and can reach out to them, if only to reduce their liability.

I created a thread regarding carrier emails and the recall. I believe neither Verizon nor Sprint has sent notifications yet.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...yone-received-email-carrier-about-recall.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08