Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm going to. Since where are essentially getting a free get out of jail card, why not? It feels pretty nice to rock a brand new phone naked without any real worrying. That doesn't mean I'm going to be playing hacky sack with it or anything though lol.
Yeah, I finally took the screen protector that came on the phone off. still going be careful just wanted to see if I notice a difference without screen protector for sensitivity. So far not seeing one.

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't it seem a little strange that Verizon has not notified customers in any way about this situation (at least I have not been notified and I don't recall others in the forum saying that received an email or text)? It seems like the other US carriers have at least notified their Galaxy Note 7 purchasers. Surely Verizon has a database of purchasers and can reach out to them, if only to reduce their liability.

Exactly, the lack of info from Verizon is very frustrating.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I finally took the screen protector that came on the phone off. still going be careful just wanted to see if I notice a difference without screen protector for sensitivity. So far not seeing one.

Doh, really? I noticed a huge difference when I took my S7E one off. I seem to be double tapping things on FB with my Note 7 and have been wondering if it was the screen protector as my sensitivity is set at about average.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Doh, really? I noticed a huge difference when I took my S7E one off. I seem to be double tapping things on FB with my Note 7 and have been wondering if it was the screen protector as my sensitivity is set at about average.
I was doing that with the screen protector on, so that's one of the reasons I wanted to try it without screen protector.

I'm still having issues, mine is on the keyboard. With what your saying, I have to say the sensitivity of the screen is pretty high.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I was doing that with the screen protector on, so that's one of the reasons I wanted to try it without screen protector.

I'm still having issues, mine is on the keyboard. With what your saying, I have to say the sensitivity of the screen is pretty high.

Are you still using the stock keyboard? I've since moved on to SwiftKey and have a much better experience.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Plus the glass just feels so much better. I have been using the plastic type screen protectors on my last two phones (s4 and s6) and forgot how nice the unprotected glass on the phone feels. I made the choice to leave the screen unprotected on my note due to good screen protectors being hard to come by for the curved glass. If I get light scratches then so be it.

More on topic, I'll be stopping by a Verizon store here in Pittsburgh today to see what they have to say about the recall.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I agree with the accessory statement. They can't honestly expect everyone saves the box their device came with, or that they kept up the the parts. Hell I'm not even sure where the headphones that came with it are.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I think you have to return the box and all original accessories as they're giving you a brand new phone with box and accessories.

It's not like when you return your phone for insurance and you keep everything but the phone.

So what if ya don't have the box anymore? I'm not one to keep useless things just to have them....

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
So what if ya don't have the box anymore? I'm not one to keep useless things just to have them....

No idea. I'm just relaying what a few customer service reps told me. I'm wondering if they meant for return... Or if they meant across the board. Every time I've swapped or returned a phone I've had to return everything even if I stuck the ear buds in my nose. I might just bring back the box and keep the accessories if they're not going to have a heart attack over it. I'd assume all these phones are going to be repackaged anyway when they become refurbished.

Don't talk to me before my coffee 😂

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I still have my box, but I doubt not having the box will hinder the recall process, Samsung is more interested in getting the phone back then box and accessories. . If they are taking damaged phones back, accessories and boxes are the least of their worries, IMO.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I seriously doubt they'll want the original accessories and packaging back. They can't reuse them. They can't ship them with refurbished units. By the time replacement phones are in for us to swap, most people would of been using the accessories for almost a month. Who knows what could of happened to the wall charger, cables have been handled and may already show signs of use, the ear buds have been in peoples ears. Would any of you want to touch those? Even though I save my boxes, a lot of people don't. And the small things that came in the box that may of been unneeded may be long gone.

All Samsung is going to care about is getting the phone back. And I'm sure shipping all these phones back to Samsung will be on them. Why pay for the extra bulk? And I'm sure carriers won't want to have to deal with disposal of accessories.

My feelings on weather replacements will come with accessories is 50/50. We all may get new phones in retail packaging with all accessories as a "sorry for the inconvenience". Or Samsung may ship carriers cases of brand new phones in bulk packaging and we just get a brand new phone minus packaging and accessories. Either way, as long as I can walk in and exchange my phone quickly and easily when they're available, that's all I care about.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I seriously doubt they'll want the original accessories and packaging back. They can't reuse them. They can't ship them with refurbished units. By the time replacement phones are in for us to swap, most people would of been using the accessories for almost a month. Who knows what could of happened to the wall charger, cables have been handled and may already show signs of use, the ear buds have been in peoples ears. Would any of you want to touch those? Even though I save my boxes, a lot of people don't. And the small things that came in the box that may of been unneeded may be long gone.

All Samsung is going to care about is getting the phone back. And I'm sure shipping all these phones back to Samsung will be on them. Why pay for the extra bulk? And I'm sure carriers won't want to have to deal with disposal of accessories.

My feelings on weather replacements will come with accessories is 50/50. We all may get new phones in retail packaging with all accessories as a "sorry for the inconvenience". Or Samsung may ship carriers cases of brand new phones in bulk packaging and we just get a brand new phone minus packaging and accessories. Either way, as long as I can walk in and exchange my phone quickly and easily when they're available, that's all I care about.
I agree. I'm 50/50 also on whether the replacement phones will come in retail packaging. They could just be new phones packed separately, like refurbs, just new phones. Not shipping 2.5 million new chargers and adapters would save save Samsung a lot of money, they only have to replace the phone.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I went to Verizon and pre-ordered the phone there . When the phone was shipped to my house the cost of the phone went on the credit card my Verizon store had. As soon as it came i brought it right in to them and they activated it for me. Very easy, very fast. The only thing wrong with any of the phones is the battery. They're sending only new ones. They couldn't send a used ones. Not in a million yrs.
Ok. Got it now. Your store jumped on it because you pre-ordered from them. My local Corporate Verizon Store won't take any action because I didn't buy it from them, I pre-ordered at the Verizon website.

Thanks. Peace. Alan

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I also bought online and had an issue with one of the two I purchased. One of the local corporate stores swapped it without issue and were very helpful. This was the day after it was delivered.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My local Corporate Verizon Store won't take any action because I didn't buy it from them,
That's not what you said before. Before you said they wouldn't accept your device and warehouse it for you until they get the fixed Note7's in. Well no corporate store will do that and it is unreasonable for you to expect them to do that.

When they get the fixed Note7's in, they will do the exchange for you in the corporate stores even though you bought online.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I agree. I'm 50/50 also on whether the replacement phones will come in retail packaging.
I suspect that they will not come in retail packaging but rather they will be in special packaging without the accessories and you will just do a phone exchange. I think they will come with the s-pens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech