Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tmwjam

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
My wife is wondering if she can go back to Verizon we bought hers on swappa website but has Verizon branding since that's what network were on. She's also thinking of getting a iPhone 6S since she doesn't use spen plus she hates that it's so hard finding a screen Proctector. Wonder if she Could hold off since the iPhone 7 is preordering soon but I'm sure it has to be an in store trade

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
we bought hers on swappa website
I would contact the swappa seller for a return/refund. Tell them you want to return the device for a refund. Insure the package and ship it with tracking, signature required. With full insurance and USPS priority mail, it will probably be about $25.

You have 6 months to dispute the charge through paypal. If the seller won't accept a return, I would dispute the charge with paypal. This device has been recalled. The seller needs to deal with that. It's unfortunate, but that is the cost of doing business.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My wife is wondering if she can go back to Verizon we bought hers on swappa website but has Verizon branding since that's what network were on. She's also thinking of getting a iPhone 6S since she doesn't use spen plus she hates that it's so hard finding a screen Proctector. Wonder if she Could hold off since the iPhone 7 is preordering soon but I'm sure it has to be an in store trade
I am sure that Verizon will not refund your money since you were not the original purchaser. They may accept the Note7 for an exchange for a fixed Note7, S7 or S7E idk, you would have to call them.

But if your wife wants an iP7, you need to get the swappa seller to take back the Note7 and refund your money. Dispute the charge with paypal if they won't.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Gives me a reason not to buy a new released phone in the future via third party.

With that said, I bet you can do the recall thru Verizon, all they are doing is swapping phones out for Samsung, and I'm sure they are getting paid to do so from Samsung.

As far as swapping out for a iPhone, guessing that's going to be hard to do since you bought it thru swappa, you never had that possibility in the first place.

If the carrier doesn't do anything for you, I would think you could go direct thru Samsung, who knows.

Amb312

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got a text from Verizon about the recall
a299ca14ff578dc1bfdb1807b9ce87c5.jpg

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Am i the only one that notices the text message doesn't say when they'll get the new note7's and if we can exchange for another? All it says is we can exchange it doe a different phone.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
And Verizon is still telling people who ask that the recall is 100 percent voluntary. I don't think until they get the replacement phones in hand that we will hear much else ... especially from Verizon.

left4dead

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For us VZW N7 owners, we have until September 30th to do an exchange. Why the rush???

Chill and use your Note 7 worry free because even if your device has a cracked screen or been damaged due to a drop, Verizon will take it back and replace it when they receive their new shipments of the N7.

Don't understand why some folks are panicking. You're Note is not going to explode.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
If they shipped my 256G memory card can I keep it if I return my phone? My Note 4 is still a great phone and apparently will work with the bigger card.

delynnie

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea except it says return to the store you bought from ,I bought it on the website.

And I bought Mine, and my Hubby's in Oregon, and Live in Southern California! Do I have to actually take a trip back to Oregon, or can I swap them out for new note 7's at my local Verizon Store when they become available?

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon and the guy said they have replacements in stock already. The reason they aren't selling new Note 7 is because they are using their current stock for replacements. I bought mine online and he said to bring it to any corporate store to exchange.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The language in their message is extremely ambiguous. As it currently sounds it almost reads like they don't plan on restocking it. That is very concerning to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood