Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I am getting replacement coral blue within the next 10 days to 2 weeks according to my IT department who received word from our Verizon rep.

They will send me a box with the new device and I am going to send them my old device. I do not have to send my ear phones and charging cord back but was told it would come with those too!

Additionally I was told i might be able to register for ANOTHER Gear 2 or SD card. This might be a way for Samsung to make amends I guess.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
I am sick of hearing about the recall. I have had several friends telling me "You know they are recalling those phones" I am going to wait a couple weeks and see what happens. I got that Verizon text also. I bought at best buy so depends on how they handle this. I am really happy with this phone. On top of everything I bought 2 Note 7's. My wife loves hers also. I have been monitoring the temp of battery while charging. 95 degrees on samsung wireless charger at the moment. Have an alarm to go off at 104, hope it doesn't go that high. Hasn't so far.

How do you monitor the temperature?

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So Samsung said call Verizon and automatically connected me. Nice but clueless customer service person said if you irdered on line as I did, Samsung would handle exchange. Samsung of course had said verizon would. Customer service rep said it would be at discretion of store manager if they processed exchange for those who ordered online. Then she got honest and said she had no idea and to call back end week. I just want to make sure i get my blue one back.

larry1014

May 23, 2010
Visit site

Battery Heat Safe, one of the many apps. I checked several before picking this one. Free for trail. 99 cents to use past 15 days.

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site

Battery Heat Safe, one of the many apps. I checked several before picking this one. Free for trail. 99 cents to use past 15 days.

I installed it and every time I try to open it, it says 'unfortunately battery heat safe has stopped'

Meh.. I think I'm going to just return this phone and use the free 256G microSD card Samsung is sending me in my Note 4 :)

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, you dont have to preach to me. I got an email from Verizon saying to contact a store for more information. I called to see a timeframe of when they would be available. I knew it wasnt going to be today or tomorrow.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound preachy. I am not going to mention this anymore. I was just saying you probably can't trust anything you hear from any rep today or tomorrow.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I am one of those who ordered online. I am going to WAIT until there is stock, and THEN ask them what to do for the exchange. Until there is new stock, any info we get is likely unreliable, especially in these earliest of days.

You will be able to swap in store without a problem. I preordered online too. No worries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke