Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung said in the beginning the new phones would be ready in about two weeks. Seems they started manufacturing before the recall was announced. Making 500K phones in one day is done all the time.
I know. We are talking about when new customers will be able to buy them, according to the questions they plan on taking care of the recall first. But I'm sure it will be a mess.

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I was in best buy today talking to the rep. He said they are getting the new stock in at the end of this week. Stated that customers who want to swap will be served first. Then the rest of the public afterwards.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I was in best buy today talking to the rep. He said they are getting the new stock in at the end of this week. Stated that customers who want to swap will be served first. Then the rest of the public afterwards.

Interesting that Best Buy would receive new phones before the corporate Verizon stores, at least the one I purchased my Note 7 from.

My store said they would not (even) receive the new phones until Sept 30

Tarah Sorber

Trusted Member
Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Interesting that Best Buy would receive new phones before the corporate Verizon stores, at least the one I purchased my Note 7 from.

Maybe he was wrong? I hope it's sooner than later though. I hate the phone I'm using now.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yours is the only report of that late of a date. All other corporate stores and 3rd party retailers are saying much sooner than that. I think the rep you spoke to didn't know what they were talking about.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't think they are giving your correct info. All carriers have been saying probably starting next week.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
My brain + common sense combined with knowledge of the industry. Seriously, anyone who doubts this has no understanding at all of this industry. I do though.
Yeah I have knowledge and the risk is too great IMO. My point is, we can speculate, there is a thread for that in fact, but no one KNOWS what they will do with these phones.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Samsung said in the beginning the new phones would be ready in about two weeks. Seems they started manufacturing before the recall was announced. Making 500K phones in one day is done all the time.

Was on the phone with them this morning. Seems like as early as friday too as late as next friday to carriers.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What if the button just isnt working?

Also warranty.
I think that will change for the stores that are refusing. Samsung is taking them back and I expect Verizon corporate will inform stores they are also.

I think many reps are still relying on how it normally is. This isn't normal.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I think that will change for the stores that are refusing. Samsung is taking them back and I expect Verizon corporate will inform stores they are also.

I think many reps are still relying on how it normally is. This isn't normal.
I would think it will change as well especially if it happens within the 30th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma