Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would think it will change as well especially if it happens within the 30th.
I haven't seen an official statement from Verizon that they can't be damaged, I think it is likely a few reps are assuming. I have seen other carriers not worried about it because they have no reason to worry.. They aren't out any money. Samsung is replacing even damaged ones.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen an official statement from Verizon that they can't be damaged, I think it is likely a few reps are assuming. I have seen other carriers not worried about it because they have no reason to worry.. They aren't out any money. Samsung is replacing even damaged ones.

Exactly. BTW verizon reps are clueless right now.

Hoping my button is fixed on its own. Might reset to factory settings if it keeps bothering me. Just won't stop waking itself up.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I know this is a bad cell in the battery issue but should we be fast charging still or just regular? My phone only gets warm, not hot, but now I'm paranoid. I hope replacements get here soon. I love this phone. I also read that the affected phones were all blue, which I have. But I also heard there were 0 cases in the United States. I just wish there were more details or suggestions on if the phone is safe until we can trade it in. I don't really understand battery cells enough to know if they just go or if there are signs. I hate this. I also don't know how to work a fire extinguisher so I'm charging in my sink. Lol.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I've turned off fast charge just to be safe and keeps temps down...A poster just posted a picture of a phone that blew on a demo case at a tmobile store in Missouri

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I know this is a bad cell in the battery issue but should we be fast charging still or just regular? My phone only gets warm, not hot, but now I'm paranoid. I hope replacements get here soon. I love this phone. I also read that the affected phones were all blue, which I have. But I also heard there were 0 cases in the United States. I just wish there were more details or suggestions on if the phone is safe until we can trade it in. I don't really understand battery cells enough to know if they just go or if there are signs. I hate this. I also don't know how to work a fire extinguisher so I'm charging in my sink. Lol.
This is my personal view. My Note 7 didn't make it before the recall.

If it had, I would have turned it off, boxed it up and would be using my back up phone right now.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I would go back to my note 4 but I sent it in as Verizon offered $200 for it. So I'm kinda stuck unless I want to trade. I'd rather just exchange for the good ones when they come in. But the more I read, the more I overthink.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I would go back to my note 4 but I sent it in as Verizon offered $200 for it. So I'm kinda stuck unless I want to trade. I'd rather just exchange for the good ones when they come in. But the more I read, the more I overthink.
There is also the option of buying a cheap prepaid phone from Walmart, Best Buy or Target. You can seriously get a smartphone cheap, especially today with sales. You can likely come out with one under $20. Just pop your SIM card in. I think Best Buy has Verizon pre-paid phones.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
TL;DR so this may be repetitive...but I just talked to a Verizon store employee at an actual Verizon store AND a Samsung expert (at Best Buy). Both said the same thing...it is not a "recall". If a customer wants to return the phone they can, they can then buy something else. If they keep the phone Samsung will be giving them $25 to spend on accessories. Both were adamant nothing has happened in the states and that the issues are because of the difference in charge between us and "not us". Also they claimed third party chargers were used.

It seems either there is some back pedaling going on somewhere or it's still just one big mass of confusion (or perhaps a bit of both).

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I for one would want the "new box for old box". Just like a refurbished device you may get from a warranty claim - they usually just send the device and that no longer matches the label on the box. I keep everything with my devices in anticipation of resell. If the IMEI of the device doesn't match the box - red flag.

I'm not comfortable with any of this. I better get brand new for brand new when I exchange this phone.
I'll be on high alert. :p

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
TL;DR so this may be repetitive...but I just talked to a Verizon store employee at an actual Verizon store AND a Samsung expert (at Best Buy). Both said the same thing...it is not a "recall". If a customer wants to return the phone they can, they can then buy something else. If they keep the phone Samsung will be giving them $25 to spend on accessories. Both were adamant nothing has happened in the states and that the issues are because of the difference in charge between us and "not us". Also they claimed third party chargers were used.

It seems either there is some back pedaling going on somewhere or it's still just one big mass of confusion (or perhaps a bit of both).

You aren't getting good info.

It is a voluntary recall, those happen in business.

They have zero knowledge to where all the phones are located. Samsung isn't releasing that and I guarantee low level employees do not know where they were located. What we do know from Samsung is they were from around the world, they told us that.

Also Samsung was clear, 35 cases of exploding phones, 24 were faulty battery cells. So 11 weren't due to that, those may or may not have been a third party charger, Samsung didn't release that info.

Status
Not open for further replies.