Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So is it a voluntary "exchange" or mandatory. Only difference I suppose will be warranty. Especially if it is a battery problem.
If the phone is still under warranty, I am keeping it.

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I turned my 7 in yesterday. The rep told me that I could re-buy the Note 7 when the "new" ones came in. I was able to buy another phone AND was told I could return that phone for the Note 7 without a restocking fee.

I decided to try another non-Samsung flagship phone just for kicks. I was torn between the Moto Z Force and HTC 10. Went for the Force. Its nice... but its no Note. However... after using it, I kinda wish Samsung offered a Note 7 without the edge screen.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I turned my 7 in yesterday. The rep told me that I could re-buy the Note 7 when the "new" ones came in. I was able to buy another phone AND was told I could return that phone for the Note 7 without a restocking fee.

I decided to try another non-Samsung flagship phone just for kicks. I was torn between the Moto Z Force and HTC 10. Went for the Force. Its nice... but its no Note. However... after using it, I kinda wish Samsung offered a Note 7 without the edge screen.

That's an interesting idea to try since they are letting you do that. I almost bought the force when it came out but they were a few things that I wasn't thrilled about it after all of my previous Motorola phones

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

The very first thing my local company store told me was I could exchange my N7 for another phone such as the S7 or what ever BUT I couldn't bring that back and exchange it for the N7's when they come with out paying the restock fee. Before I left I heard that same again to someone else they also told her most people are coming in trying to do just that and they wanted to make that policy clear.

Last edited:

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I also called Verizon today and they have no ETA on exchanging the Note 7 for another Note 7 but they are eager to get me into a S7 Edge. I'm willing to wait for the replacement Note 7's so back on my Note 5 for now.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If you call Verizon's 800# like the Samsung email said to do, what do they tell you?

I purchased from Verizon online and the phone was shipped to me. Will they ship the new replacement to me or will I have to go into a corporate store?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
If you call Verizon's 800# like the Samsung email said to do, what do they tell you?

I purchased from Verizon online and the phone was shipped to me. Will they ship the new replacement to me or will I have to go into a corporate store?

I'd just go to a corporate store. My phone has been acting out of sorts since yesterday. Like every time I've opened a social media app the "copy all" thing pops up and now my keyboard noises have made an appearance and my wifi keeps dropping. My phone doesn't want to leave me.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

All Verizon would offer is a hassle free exchange for another phone type. They had no info at all as to when the new Note 7's would arrive.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well this whole thing is stinky. I mean unfortunately an exchange program does not exclude Samsung from liability. Voluntary recall does not either. Our attorney said unless they do the recall through the government chain then they will be at fault if we keep our note 7. I know they did this yo to save face and speed the swap of devices. My Verizon store will call as soon as they get a black N7 in. They are hoping the phones are in by Friday too.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Giving refurbished devices to people that just spent close to a 1,000 dollars wouldn't be the smartest choice for Samsung. The consumer is already questioning the brand and their products. I'm sure they wouldn't want more backlash. They'll give us brand new devices because that's the smart business move in this particular situation.

Except for my detour to Windows Phone for a while, I've always liked Samsung phones but I would say, I am questioning right now. So much that I thought about going Nexus or "Pixel" (the possible new name). I'd miss the stylus but not much else. I do have a Gear VR but the novelty wore off very quickly.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I chatted with a rep from Verizon yesterday and also went to the store. Both said if you are wanting to either exchange it for the Note 7 or return it, it could be done in store. If you wanted to return for a refund then I would have to send it back although Verizon would supply a return shipping label at no cost. I didn't specifically ask about swapping for a different device now and swapping again when the N7's arrive. I'm just hanging onto mine until they arrive and will do a one for one swap.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
I'd just go to a corporate store. My phone has been acting out of sorts since yesterday. Like every time I've opened a social media app the "copy all" thing pops up and now my keyboard noises have made an appearance and my wifi keeps dropping. My phone doesn't want to leave me.

The Copy Text thing might j[URL="http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/717482-copy-text-prompt-has-started-popping-up-finger-scroll.html#post5372413"]ust be a FB thing[/URL], just FYI ..

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Called the Verizon 800# and the guy I talked to was 100% clueless. He said that Note 7 was no longer being sold by Verizon and that I would have to trade it in for the S7 or S7 edge. You would think Verizon would inform their morons a little better before letting them loose on the phones. :p

They mind as well give me their top of the line flip phone and be done with it.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Guys. The announcement just came. Relax. They said by next week. It's not next week to complain yet.

Just spoke with my corporate Verizon store, said they will have the replacement phones in next week, date unknown, but thought it would be early in the week (yeah!)

No issues with my beautiful Black Note 7, the battery life keeps getting better and better, no lag, very responsive. She's a beautiful unit - hate to give her up !!

No hesitation of any kind, at all, with Samsung, its products and how it is handing this whole situation .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674