Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Androidboy81

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
I called Samsung as long as the phone is still in working order you het a brand new one. Just because the screen is cracked has no Bering on the recall which is the battery. Say your phone blew up an you were hurt gor any reason and they refused you to exchange yours. now you can sew Samsung and Verizon for gross negligence which would cost them millions instead of just trading phones.

Michael D1

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Called Verizon store, got transferred to Verizon customer service (since note 7 Was ordered over phone). They told me to bring note 7 to store, to switch 4 another phone. Finally got thru to the store, (instead of travelling there) they told me to call Samsung, they didn't do the exchange! Called Samsung they eventually transferred me to Verizon customer service, who this time told me they had the details. Option 1, wait and exchange for another note 7 (will be notified by text or email, when available, should be around the 16th) said I would definitely be notified!. 2, exchange for a different phone. 3, wait for the iPhone. 4, keep the phone if it doesn't get hot when charging! Considering I sent my other phone to Verizon, I'm holding on to my note 7 until I can do the exchange (Living on the edge)

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I called Samsung as long as the phone is still in working order you het a brand new one. Just because the screen is cracked has no Bering on the recall which is the battery. Say your phone blew up an you were hurt gor any reason and they refused you to exchange yours. now you can sew Samsung and Verizon for gross negligence which would cost them millions instead of just trading phones.
Samsung may take it back. Verizon won't.

Edit: I just checked with Verizon and they aren't taking back any phones for the recall at all. They're referring people to Samsung directly.

Last edited:

elvyb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I pre orders from Verizon.
Called and talked to a custom service rep. And ask the question if I pre orders from Verizon how do I return my Note 7.
The custom Servise rep. said " Take your Note 7 to a Verizon brick and mortar store.
When the Note 7 come from Samsung with reliable battery we can then walk in and exchange our Note 7.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
There should be no surprise that Verizon reps have little idea of what's going on, that Verizon will be the most difficult carrier to deal with regarding the recall. When the recall is live we will see what happens and hopefully Verizon has a solid plan in place and their workers understand it, I know its a lot to ask for, but think positive.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you are talking about damaged phones or all phones, but I text from verizon telling me about customer service being a top priority, they stopped selling them, and because of the voluntary recall I should take it back to store I purchased it from. That does a say take if back to samsung.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my Note 7 online. When it had a problem with the pbone and as I was still in the 14 day window, the online CSR told me to swap it at at the local store. No problem doing so.

I imagine it will be the same. Take it to the local store and they give you a new one.

Jedi215

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Been reading these posts for a few.days. So much hearsay and confusion on behalf of workers and customers. I'm sure once vz gets stock of new n7s, we can go to a store and exchange one for one. That's what I'm doing.

ELENAUK22

May 5, 2013
Visit site
This is my conversation with samsung in reference to my note 7 being damage (cracked screen)

General Info
Chat start time Sep 6, 2016 12:44:17 AM EST
Chat end time Sep 6, 2016 12:49:52 AM EST
Duration (actual chatting time) 00:05:35
Operator Krishna K
Chat Transcript
info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Krishna K'. The reference number for this chat is 4325748223. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
Krishna K: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
FRANCISCA: Yes i have a question regarding the exchange for the note 7
Krishna K: Hello, Francisca!
Krishna K: As you are chatting from a mobile device, there is a possibility of chat getting disconnected due to network disruption with WiFi or Mobile Data/Signals. In case we get disconnected, please use the Chat ID: 4325748223 to connect with us.
Krishna K: Please go ahead.
FRANCISCA: Will i be able to exchange it even though my screen is cracked
Krishna K: We encourage you to take advantage of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for Note7 owners in which we are offering Note7 owners the opportunity to exchange your Note7 for a Galaxy S7, a Galaxy S7edge or a new Note7 (available next week). However if you’d still like to return your phone for a refund, please contact your carrier or location of purchase and they can assist you. Let us know if you run into any issues.
Krishna K: Your safety is our number one priority.
Krishna K: Not to worry, you can get a New Note 7 replaced with the current one you have in the next week at place of purchase.
FRANCISCA: So it doesn't matter that its damage
Krishna K: Not to worry, you will get replacement.
Krishna K: Please contact the purchase store to get replacement.
Krishna K: May I help you with anything else?
FRANCISCA: Ohhh ok that was my only concern .but its good to hear that it will be exchange . No that was my only question
Krishna K: Please spend a few minutes and provide your valuable feedback by clicking the "END CHAT" button in the chat window. Your feedback is much appreciated. Your positive feedback will help me a lot.

greenplumber

May 29, 2016
Visit site
My friend works for Verizon. Just to make sure I was giving the correct information, I opened a chat with an agent on Verizon's website and this is their response.
View attachment 238671
I just got off the phone with verizon... the representative clearly told me and noted on my account that cracked devices WILL be taken back and swapped out for new note 7.

Those reps in chat are wrong all the time it seems, I asked one about my Samsung pay gift cards being transferd and was told that they would be gone! The rep was WRONG! I posted a screenshot just like you did in a thread on this forum. So don't take the chat reps word for it, call and "talk" to a Verizon rep and you'll find youre incorrect. The info you're posting is wrong!

Last edited:

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Ok so I purchased my 2 Note 7s from a verizon premium retailer because Verizon stores here didn't have any of the Note 7s In stock and I needed to replace a broken phone. I called the retailer he told me that only GSM phones were effected and not CDMA, has anyone heard this? He also is telling me replacements won't be in for 2 weeks and that I will able to do a "warranty" replacement.

I'm gonna follow up with Verizon, especially since they're the ones that referred me to this store.

greenplumber

May 29, 2016
Visit site
They clearly told me my gift cards would be gone. They were WRONG!

3e7e82aa13854786cbbda0daead07002.jpg

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Will replace cracked. Won't replace cracked. Return to store. Return to Samsung. Wait for the elves to come overnight and repair it. It's nice that Samsung is trying to get ahead of this, but I haven't seen communication this bad since kindergarten. When you played that game where you're trying to send the same message around the group. It starts off something like, " Oranges grow on trees" and ends up "Bees should be the color orange". Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante