Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I went into a Verizon store and was told that I could only do an exchange if I came back with a goat and a dove, while riding into the store on a unicorn......

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
It's pretty sad the information varies so bad with Verizon employees/reps to the point customers are looking for other phones because they dont want to deal with it.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
The hell with an exchange. I got my $ back.

That's exactly what I did. I just didn't want to deal with all this. Got my money back so I'm free to do what I want and not deal with the hassle of reps not knowing what protocols to follow.

Last edited:

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get my money back tonight at a best buy store. I'm a Verizon customer. I was informed they are not giving refunds.
Don't they take any phone back in 30 days with a restocking fee (which is usually waved)?

VZW normally only gives 2 weeks but you have until the 28th to return it there if you bought it there. I would call BB customer support on phone.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
This is probably a very silly and basic question but when I exchange my phone (in the Verizon store) is a factory reset sufficient to make sure that no personal information can be recovered from the device? I know they're supposed to be sent back to Samsung and there should be no funny business but you just never know.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a very silly and basic question but when I exchange my phone (in the Verizon store) is a factory reset sufficient to make sure that no personal information can be recovered from the device? I know they're supposed to be sent back to Samsung and there should be no funny business but you just never know.

If you really want to be 1000% sure, encrypt the phone first, then do a factory reset. That way, all keys needed to decrypt the deleted data will also be gone.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung changed the options to exchange the phone or swap for another device. It seems the refund portion was pulled as an option.
I think the return option is a carrier, place of purchase option. My Verizon text gives the return option, but when you click the Samsung recall link it does not give the return option. Interesting

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Went to my local (corporate) store. They advised me to hold on to my Note 7 until replacements arrive. They more or less assured that it would be before 9/30. Cool. I'll use the V10 during this time.

Pipe Pistoleer

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I read that Samsung may try to refurbish and resell these units that we return. I'm going to melt mine with a torch before I walk it back over to Verizon. I never take the upgrades. I let my wife or kids have them - the one time I update my 4 year old phone ---->

View attachment 238698

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech