Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I read that Samsung may try to refurbish and resell these units that we return. I'm going to melt mine with a torch before I walk it back over to Verizon. I never take the upgrades. I let my wife or kids have them - the one time I update my 4 year old phone ---->

View attachment 238698
Of course they'll refurbish them. It's only the battery. Our replacements are going to be new though.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If they refurbish them they will be used as warranty replacements and can bet asurion has put a big order in for some of them.

People will be scared over it. But it's the battery, once battery is replaced should be good to go as refurbish. Now if the new ones we get do it then there's a different problem and that is when I might have give up and return the note 7.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I know be patient
Since this is taking a while and I have been spending time on these forums reading all these post I am starting to think I may be better off returning my Note 7 and just waiting for the dust to settle. That way I can most likely buy other note 7 and get some additional incentives or TBH I would be ok buying a refurb at a lower price.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
anyone hear from verizon when they will be able to replace the notes with more note 7?

I doubt we'll know until they actually start showing up. Different answers from every Verizon source. In-store is variable based on who knows what info and online support says soon but they don't know a date.

climb

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
anyone hear from verizon when they will be able to replace the notes with more note 7?

Just spoke with a corporate store where I bought my Note 7 - rep did'nt have concrete dates - speculated sometime in the next few weeks but had no "official" word from Samsung. He did say that it was his understanding that the phones which has gone "poof" were all charging at the time.

Wonder if that's true.....................

Sleeping with one eye open and looking forward to my new Note 7.....2.0!!!!

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I spoke with reps at two Verizon corporate stores today to see if they had an theories on when they'd get replacement Note 7 phones in. One gave me an estimate, and the other had no clue. The one that had no clue when they'd get replacements in said he'd heard that they are recommending wireless charging saying it's a safer method. I say take that with a grain of salt. From the picture of the burner phones the biggest burn area is in the battery spot, but that doesn't necessarily mean charging method, and phone states don't matter. To be on the safe side it's probably best to charge with the phone either off or in max battery saving mode (where limited things would be running on your phone).

I don't have a wireless charger, but had been debating one since before the phone was released. I ordered myself a Samsung one on Amazon since I would have got one at some point anyway....

ddoyle777

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung who told me in no uncertain terms that they wouldn't replace my Note 7. The only option I have is to wait until Verzion (I did get it a a Verizon store) has them in stock and exchange it. If I don't want the Note 7 replacement I could get an S7 or S7 edge. No refunds at all. No different phones at all. Anyone else have this happen?

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung who told me in no uncertain terms that they wouldn't replace my Note 7. The only option I have is to wait until Verzion (I did get it a a Verizon store) has them in stock and exchange it. If I don't want the Note 7 replacement I could get an S7 or S7 edge. No refunds at all. No different phones at all. Anyone else have this happen?
There are people on this message thread who have received refunds from Verizon.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Samsung it would be a great time to release the unlocked Note7!! I dont want the verizon crapware on MY phone!!

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I spoke with reps at two Verizon corporate stores today to see if they had an theories on when they'd get replacement Note 7 phones in. One gave me an estimate, and the other had no clue. The one that had no clue when they'd get replacements in said he'd heard that they are recommending wireless charging saying it's a safer method. I say take that with a grain of salt. From the picture of the burner phones the biggest burn area is in the battery spot, but that doesn't necessarily mean charging method, and phone states don't matter. To be on the safe side it's probably best to charge with the phone either off or in max battery saving mode (where limited things would be running on your phone).

I don't have a wireless charger, but had been debating one since before the phone was released. I ordered myself a Samsung one on Amazon since I would have got one at some point anyway....

I ordered my Samsung wireless charger from Target , it was around $40 shipped

DavidDoyle

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Update. I finally got through to Verizon (thank God for *611) and the very nice lady confirmed that I could exchange for Note 7 when they get in (she hoped the end of next week). She said I could exchange for any other phone or get a full refund. She did hint that I'd do better working though my local Verizon store.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I just want to be able to keep my s-pen and charger. I plan to get a replacement even though mine is fine. Of course they are all fine until spontaneous combustion takes place. I will just be patient rather than speculate and wait for instruction from Verizon.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So is that just for Verizon, or can tmobile users only exchange for a Note 7 or S7 edge, etc. now?
I don't know. I am just pointing out what I have read. I imagine it will be up to the carrier. Samsung press release used to list refund as an option, it's not there now. It's like anything else, some will get refunds and others will be denied refunds. Verizon will probably be the strictest of all the carriers, that's the way they are.

wboyce58

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
I went to Verizon today and there has been 11 phones catch fire and they were all in Korea. If we send them back we will be getting a like new phone. This being said I am keeping mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.