Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I have returned my note 7 at a VZW corporate location they also returned all of the accessories I purchased to go along with the phone. That means screen protector and case. I am now back with a iphone 6s plus and I will decide what to when Note 7 becomes available. I don't think that I will go back the screen was bad I had to press really hard for a response and I'm not sure if it's the antenna or what but I had the worse reception of any cell phone ever with that device. Maybe I'll just go with the Iphone 7 when it becomes available

Well, to each their own, personally I've had a great experience with the Note 7, I'd just like to get this Recall Exchange process behind us so we can just enjoy the phone. If for whatever reason I couldn't get a Note 7, I'd go back to the Note 5.

tk-093

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Ugg, just called into support.. I support our 1000+ corporate lines.... Super sweet and nice rep on the phone.. put me on hold for a few mins because she thought there had been some changes, but when she came back it was the same answer some of you have been getting.... No information from Samsung when the fixed devices will be in and if you want to return/exchange it you have do do it before the 30th. It was the same info our corp rep gave us yesterday...

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, to each their own, personally I've had a great experience with the Note 7, I'd just like to get this Recall Exchange process behind us so we can just enjoy the phone. If for whatever reason I couldn't get a Note 7, I'd go back to the Note 5.

Agree, just ready to settle in with the replacement phone This thread should just cool off a while since worrying about it isn't going to help or get it here faster. Got to give Samsung time to make the replacements.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Seems to me if Samsung can produce 500K phones a day ( 2 million in 4 days ) that they should be hitting the market by now.
I would want them in the stores ASAP before the Apple 7 hit . This is just my opinion I am All In for the Note 7 replacement.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I just left my local vzw corp store. The rep told me they are currently taking all note 7's regardless of condition for refund or exchange. I can't see that changing when they get the new once in stock.

The second thing he said is that this will not be a covert thing. Its not going to be store 123 gets 5 phones, store 321 gets 5 phones and I happend to check in with the store and got one. This will be an organized date and process. Samsung will announce a date the phones will arrive. They expect the quantity to be significant enough to cover the phones sold. He said this process is set but the date is not. He believed it was sometime next week.

I know this info may vary from phone/store/chat reps. I just wonder if we have any other reps that can confirm this?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me if Samsung can produce 500K phones a day ( 2 million in 4 days ) that they should be hitting the market by now.
I would want them in the stores ASAP before the Apple 7 hit . This is just my opinion I am All In for the Note 7 replacement.
You have the shipping time to add in there to get to the USA and then to the carriers and then to the stores. This week is not going to happen for people to get new phones, hopefully they get to our shores this week

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Went to Verizon today and they seem to have no idea exactly when the phones will be in but I have until the 30th. That being said, I'm a nervous type and with all the stories and no verification of a date I just exchanged my phone. My rep says, I asked to be sure, that I have 14 days to return so if the note 7 comes in I can always get it back. Loved the phone but I might wait until next year when all this is over and a better processor and more ram. Truly enjoyed my 2 weeks with this phone but this is stress I just don't need right now. Note to self....no more preordering. Wait a month.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Went to Verizon today and they seem to have no idea exactly when the phones will be in but I have until the 30th. That being said, I'm a nervous type and with all the stories and no verification of a date I just exchanged my phone. My rep says, I asked to be sure, that I have 14 days to return so if the note 7 comes in I can always get it back. Loved the phone but I might wait until next year when all this is over and a better processor and more ram. Truly enjoyed my 2 weeks with this phone but this is stress I just don't need right now. Note to self....no more preordering. Wait a month.
Keep in mind, if they do what Samsung said it would do and replace the recalled phones first, your 14 days might be over before they start selling the new note 7 to new customers again. I would have waited till the 29th to do it.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well you have more fire fighting skills then I do I suppose. Lol. Jk. I deal with anxiety and have a car issue and a mother with bad health. I'm just tired of the stress of wondering if my phone will be okay. It's fine. Like I said it's a great phone but I think next year it'll be even better. They didn't lose me forever, that's a promise!

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
People just need to relax. If your Note 7 hasn't exploded by now it most likely won't. I have two of them and not the least bit worried. Leave them on fast wireless chargers all night. When Verizon gets replacements and they will. I will gladly switch it for the same ones I have.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
People just need to relax. If your Note 7 hasn't exploded by now it most likely won't. I have two of them and not the least bit worried. Leave them on fast wireless chargers all night. When Verizon gets replacements and they will. I will gladly switch it for the same ones I have.

My battery never gets dangerously hot when charging my Note 7 wirelessly...about 95F/35c when on wireless charger...

souffoue

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
I just called the store that I got my Note 7 from and asked if they had any idea when the new Note 7's would be coming in. He was kinda rude and just said "absolutely no idea". So what happens if the new phones don't come in until after the 30th (the deadline they have given for returns/exchanges)? Are we just out of luck or will they extend it?

I will probably go back this weekend and see if the sales rep is there that sold me my phone. He was at least very nice and personable.

While I understand this is not easy at all for Samsung and Verizon - I feel they need to have better communication with their employees and train them better for situations like this.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If they hadn't stuck this ridiculous date of September 30 on their program and just left it at "we'll exchange yours for a new one whenever they arrive," I think Verizon could've come out of this looking much better. This exchange process should be so much easier than this, but Verizon just had to shoot themselves in the foot and **** off a vocal portion of their customer base in the process.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I bought online and called today, since at least here, neither of the corporate stores near me are answering, it goes directly to Verizon customer service. The rep was honest, he has no idea and doesn't think anyone does. They believe replacements will arrive in the next couple of weeks but Samsung has not notified them. He said he agreed with me that Verizon should text all current owners when they have that info, but refused to promise they would. Yes I can exchange in a store, yes bring back everything that came with it since we will be exchanging one box for another. My Note has never given me any problems and charges wirelessly, not fast, at about 91 degrees, but still makes me nervous. Guess this is dragging out a while longer.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just called 5 different corporate stores and out of the 5 there was one that actually sounded like he heard of the Note 7.
This guy said that the replacement Note 7's would be in next Friday the 16th and I could just walk in then and exchange.

They might get them sooner so I would keep calling. :-\

I purchased mine from Verizon online and it was shipped via FedEx. I would like to receive my replacement the same way. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan