Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm strongly leaning toward just taking the Note 7 back for a full refund and going with the new LG V20, it can record clean, uncompressed 24-bit stereo audio up to a sound pressure level of 132db(!) and it has audiophile-quality quad 32-bit digital to analog converters. Sure, I have to give up the stylus, wireless charging, Samsung Pay, and the excitement of a battery that can explode at any second but as a media content creator, the V20's enhanced audio and video capabilities really appeal to me. It also has a USER REPLACEABLE battery (that uses Quick Charge 3.0) and Android Nougat 7.0. Either way, around the time I can even get a replacement Note 7, the V20 will be available.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm strongly leaning toward just taking the Note 7 back for a full refund and going with the new LG V20, it can record clean, uncompressed 24-bit stereo audio up to a sound pressure level of 132db(!) and it has audiophile-quality quad 32-bit digital to analog converters. Sure, I have to give up the stylus, wireless charging, Samsung Pay, and the excitement of a battery that can explode at any second but as a media content creator, the V20's enhanced audio and video capabilities really appeal to me. It also has a USER REPLACEABLE battery (that uses Quick Charge 3.0) and Android Nougat 7.0. Either way, around the time I can even get a replacement Note 7, the V20 will be available.

Same feeling here but leaning more towards the iPhone 7 plus. Had the V10 and got sick of it quick.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Last summer I went on vacation with my cousin. I was very impressed with her I-Phone but I love the stylus feature on the note. I do not think I can ever give up the stylus.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Went to Verizon today and they seem to have no idea exactly when the phones will be in but I have until the 30th. That being said, I'm a nervous type and with all the stories and no verification of a date I just exchanged my phone. My rep says, I asked to be sure, that I have 14 days to return so if the note 7 comes in I can always get it back. Loved the phone but I might wait until next year when all this is over and a better processor and more ram. Truly enjoyed my 2 weeks with this phone but this is stress I just don't need right now. Note to self....no more preordering. Wait a month.

You'll have to pay a restocking fee for the replacement u got btw.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If they hadn't stuck this ridiculous date of September 30 on their program and just left it at "we'll exchange yours for a new one whenever they arrive," I think Verizon could've come out of this looking much better. This exchange process should be so much easier than this, but Verizon just had to shoot themselves in the foot and **** off a vocal portion of their customer base in the process.

The date really only makes a difference if you're returning the phone for a refund or exchanging for a different phone in store. Which people should be doing asap anyway if not exchanging for another Note 7.

If you're planning to wait to exchange for a new 7 and somehow miss that cutoff, you can still call it in like any other warranty claim. It's not like the recall would have an expiration date. Not that soon anyway.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
You'll have to pay a restocking fee for the replacement u got btw.

I thought they waived that until the 30th. Never mind, I edited this. I see what you meant. I may just keep the one I have until all this blows over and since I'm on edge plan when I pay off 1/2 I'll upgrade to note 7. It's fine.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with VZW customer support asking about when to expect a replacement for my Note 7. The first CSR said in order for me to be considered for a replacement I'd have to do a "temporary" swap until the "New" Note 7's are available. I questioned this and she connected me with her supervisor who told me that no "loaner" phones were going to be issued and my options were as follows:

(a) Up until the 30th return the device and exchange it for another device and when the "New" Note 7's are available return the device I swapped my current Note 7 out with for the new one.

(b) Opt in to the voluntary recall by returning my Note 7 and return to my old device (which I no longer have)

(c) Do nothing and whatever happens is on me.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Legitimate question... How the hell are you going through 5 phones in that amount of time??

Had the iPhone 6s Plus, LG V10, Note 5, Galaxy S7 Edge (both silver & black), Regular S7 and now the Note 7. :-\
I guess it was a little more then 5 different phones in past several months.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
But just for the record if I didn't live alone and have anxiety issues I would love to have just took a chance with the note. I really thought long and hard about what to do. Nobody should stress over their cell phone. It wasn't fun anymore. It was a thing of stress. But that's just me. I may trade back or I may wait. I know eventually I'll have another note.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I will be retuning mine. Last night it said I had 64 percent left on my battery it was sitting beside me on the table then it died the battery said 0 when I plugged it in the same thing today, the last time I looked it was at 77 when I got home almost 2 hours later it was dead again. Yep I will be getting the new note,
That is an odd thing we have been seeing more and more of on the forums. I wondered with the first one of this was a sign of the battery problem..

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
But just for the record if I didn't live alone and have anxiety issues I would love to have just took a chance with the note. I really thought long and hard about what to do. Nobody should stress over their cell phone. It wasn't fun anymore. It was a thing of stress. But that's just me. I may trade back or I may wait. I know eventually I'll have another note.

I know what you mean with having to relearn - I have a T2 I use from time to time and have trouble with the on screen buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11