Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Speaking of the iPhone 6s plus. My cousins 6 month old phone died on her this morning. Will not come on. Took it to the apple store. They say they will not replace it because the frame is bent. Those phones should have been recalled lol. But nah not apples phones

I've been checking this thread. But still not having any problem with mine. I wireless charge. I wake up in the morning and the phone isn't even remotely warm.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
So just for fun I called Verizon also. I knew I got the sharpest one of the litter when he told me that the replacement phones would be in on the 31st. I saud lyou mean I have to wait till Oct 31st and he said the 31st of this month.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I called in tonight for a different reason, but decided what the hell let's see what they tell me.

Options

Return no restock get no gift card

Exchange for any Samsung phone and gift card

Exchange for a different company phone no gift card

Wait till the new note 7 arrives gift card

Call Samsung to have them process the exchange. I told her several times that Samsung says you have to go direct thru where we bought it.

Here the text she sent me, in case you want to go direct route.

5616d3bfd67c195e8ecf32aaaa7f4365.jpg

She did say that if we do exchange now for a different phone that we can exchange for the new note 7 when it comes out with no fees. I am not daring enough to go that route.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Just select 3 and if nobody answers, rinse & repeat until someone does. :p

It worked first time. Returning my phone tomorrow. They said they'd take it back if I had headphones and charger. Didn't have ear buds but my buddy's wife had some from her S7 Edge she's giving me. Boom.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine on eBay. Paypal denied my claim today. In so many words, they said that they don't consider the phone "defective" because the battery hasn't exploded on me...yet. The seller refused a return/refund and showed proof of delivery, "as described" because he sent it before the recall. They wouldn't even let me appeal, but suggested that I file a claim with my credit card company. I just did so, but I'm sure Paypal will deny that too, once they're contacted by the card company. What a waste. Not sure I'll ever by a phone outside the carrier again. I talked to Samsung again tonight and they basically said the same. They suggested that my phone is probably fine, if I haven't had issues yet...and basically wished me luck.

memillh

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would contact the seller. Paypal always sides with the buyers in something like this. The seller sold you a defective phone that cannot be replaced through the recall except by the original owner. The fact that the seller didn't know the device was defective isn't a defense. They have to take it back. The only issue is who will pay for return shipping. I would pay for it as the buyer to avoid any hassles. You can ask the seller to and see what they say but I wouldn't waste time arguing over it.

I also wouldn't waste any more time contacting Verizon, just contact the seller.

eBay seller refused my return request. Paypal sided with him and denied my claim. This is such crap.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Check this conversation. I even took screen shots of the WHOLE thing. I'm hoping I put my email in correctly to get the transcript. I was just do giddy!!!!

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Should I try this Note 7 exchange

I am a Verizon customer with a Note 7. I am in Europe for the month of September. The FAA advises not to turn on Note 7s on flights.

Should I attempt a international version exchange here and will it work on with Big Red. I am unsure this can work. What do u think?

I did hook this phone up to VR gear and it did get hot while running that program. Am I more or less at risk?

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
So I just got off the phone with VZW customer support asking about when to expect a replacement for my Note 7. The first CSR said in order for me to be considered for a replacement I'd have to do a "temporary" swap until the "New" Note 7's are available. I questioned this and she connected me with her supervisor who told me that no "loaner" phones were going to be issued and my options were as follows:

(a) Up until the 30th return the device and exchange it for another device and when the "New" Note 7's are available return the device I swapped my current Note 7 out with for the new one.

(b) Opt in to the voluntary recall by returning my Note 7 and return to my old device (which I no longer have)

(c) Do nothing and whatever happens is on me.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!
I'm confused, they are telling you that you can't exchange the GN7 straight for a new GN7?

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The guy I last talked to at Verizon told me something different but he did say I could just keep the Note and bring it in when the new ones were in and swap it out. So yeah, I think you really can do that. He also made the returning the Note and getting another phone till the new ones were available sound more complicated. And it can only be a s7 or s7 edge. They aren't loaners, he insisted, but they can be returned without penalty for a new Note before the 30th. I have talked to a lot of Verizon people lately and not one of them has said the same thing as any of the others.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah easier for me to trade phone and wait until note 7 is back in stores. Too many different answers. Technically they should charge me restocking on the phone I have if I go back to note 7 but if they waive it because of this big mess that's fine with me. And for the ones saying your phone doesn't get hot or you're using wireless charging, until Samsung issues a statement saying the phones in all these cases were problematic before they caught fire, I'm not taking a chance. Maybe none of the phones had a single issue until the day they caught on fire. I'm a huge Samsung fan but the lack of updating us and the new cases just led me to do the safest thing I could for myself. Everyone is different. My ex would be keeping it on the fast charger on top of a heating pad and under a heat lamp just to see how long it would last. Lol. I'm not that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22