Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
If I would have been thinking or even got a clear direct answer, that's the way I would have gone. Not really interested in the s7 but if you stick with the Samsung I don't think you get charged restocking when you take it back. From what I been hearing. I was so fed up with it all I just wanted it over. But I took everything just so there would be no hassle.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just called and spoke with Samsung Customer Service and she said retailers in the US should be stocked for the exchange by the end of this week. She specifically stated the end of this week is Sunday. She also emphasized that those devices are only for exchanges for current Note 7 owners. Who knows. Take that for what its worth. Maybe a grain of salt. I have a Corporate store 5 minutes from my house, so I will just stop in every day.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I also think it depends on your store and rep. I been going to the same guy for 6 years so he works with me when he can. If I got back to a note 7 I will be surprised if he charged me a restock fee. If he does he will save it somewhere else.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I just called and spoke with Samsung Customer Service and she said retailers in the US should be stocked for the exchange by the end of this week. She specifically stated the end of this week is Sunday. She also emphasized that those devices are only for exchanges for current Note 7 owners. Who knows. Take that for what its worth. Maybe a grain of salt.

That would be sweet if i could be all settled.in with my new Note 7 before the work week begins. But then again not putting much hope into it considering the way unreliable Info has been going around since day 1 LOL. We shall see.

Hoping to get a jump on the return before most find out, bet it will be a circus. speaking of, how do they stores get reimbursed or do they for all this extra work due to faulty note 7s?

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I just called and spoke with Samsung Customer Service and she said retailers in the US should be stocked for the exchange by the end of this week. She specifically stated the end of this week is Sunday.

Actually the end of the week is Saturdays

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That would be sweet if i could be all settled.in with my new Note 7 before the work week begins. But then again not putting much hope into it considering the way unreliable Info has been going around since day 1 LOL. We shall see.

Hoping to get a jump on the return before most find out, bet it will be a circus. speaking of, how do they stores get reimbursed or do they for all this extra work due to faulty note 7s?

Agreed, it would be nice to have this in the rear view mirror Monday morning, but definitely not holding my breath. I doubt the stores get reimbursed. Employees are probably hourly. Maybe there is some compensation by Samsung to Verizon on a corporate level, but probably not a store level. But what do I know. I'm just a small business owner.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
LOL, Yeah, I know, that's what the Samsung rep said, that the end of the week is Sunday.

The end of their week is Sunday.
I had the same information my chat with Verizon, they expect units by end of this week and then the current owners will be notified by text or email to come in and exchange there note 7's. There will also be an option in the text or email to have the replacements to be shipped (I think the shipping option was for those who received their original note7 that way)

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The end of their week is Sunday.
I had the same information my chat with Verizon, they expect units by end of this week and then the current owners will be notified by text or email to come in and exchange there note 7's. There will also be an option in the text or email to have the replacements to be shipped (I think the shipping option was for those who received their original note7 that way)

That's the first time I heard anything about Verizon texting or emailing us when stock is available. That would be nice.

Rob Varak

May 3, 2013
Visit site
So I exchanged DM's with the VZW twitter account this a.m. This is what I was told:

I want to ensure that you get all the information you need in returning your device. You are allowed to return your Note7 for another device without fees and then exchange it again for the revised Note7 when it's available, also with no fees

I went to my local store this afternoon. Initially, the manager disputed this was the policy, trying instead to get me to do a straight return. After I waived the message around and a brief phone call to a regional manager of some kind, he agreed that they were giving out temp replacements and would charge no fees for retocking either the N7 or the temp. I obtained an S7 Edge and will exchange that for a new N7 when replenished. The regional manager (or whatever his title) said that he expected to start seeing the new units sometime after 9/15.

Just thought I would share to clarify what is an unfortunately confusing situation with so much inconsistent information out there.

vonskie

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
It could be months before the Note 7 is replaced or etc, because the Feds are now involved.

In a emailed statement Friday, the CPSC now says it's officially working with Samsung on a recall -- as well as evaluating whether a simple phone exchange is enough of a solution.

In a separate press release, Samsung confirmed that it's collaborating with the CPSC, and also says it's no longer selling or shipping phones affected by the issue.

"We are asking users to power down their Galaxy Note 7s and exchange them now," said Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America.

The CPSC's involvement may change the pace of Note 7 exchanges, though. Samsung now says new Note 7s will be issued to existing buyers "upon completion of the CPSC process," and neither Samsung nor the CPSC offered a specific timetable.

(It took 6 months for the CPSC to recall exploding hoverboards, to give you some context.)

However, participants can also opt to receive a Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge and be refunded the difference in their purchase price, or borrow a Samsung J loaner phone while they wait for a new Note 7.

In the meanwhile, the CPSC says it's "urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device."

Separately, the Federal Aviation Administration issued a warning Thursday to airplane passengers, asking them not to turn on or charge a Galaxy Note 7 on planes.

kiwiguy99

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy are starting to get the replacement N7's in - at least for Verizon!

See my post in the Best Buy Note 7 recall thread for my experience doing the swap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance