Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Omar, a Verizon customer Service rep. I asked what my options were with my wife's Note 7. He asked if we were having any battery issues and I informed him that it was working perfectly. He said I had a couple of options. I could bring the phone in and receive a loaner or...and here it comes. On the 16th, Samsung has assured Verizon that they would have new approved Note 7's for exchange.
I told Omar that Best Buy had the new phones but could not release without the consumer protection agency approval. He said that they were aware of that, but the phones Verizon would be receiving next week will be approved for release.
I was completely blown away and did not expect that.
Anyway, will wait until next week.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Omar, a Verizon customer Service rep. I asked what my options were with my wife's Note 7. He asked if we were having any battery issues and I informed him that it was working perfectly. He said I had a couple of options. I could bring the phone in and receive a loaner or...and here it comes. On the 16th, Samsung has assured Verizon that they would have new approved Note 7's for exchange.
I told Omar that Best Buy had the new phones but could not release without the consumer protection agency approval. He said that they were aware of that, but the phones Verizon would be receiving next week will be approved for release.
I was completely blown away and did not expect that.
Anyway, will wait until next week.
That's the most specific I've heard yet. 16th would be fine. Hope it's true.

kiwiguy99

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Best buy does not have new ones. They arent approved by the government yet.

But your verizon rep is very uninformed. You can exchange back.

I was in Best Buy yesterday and saw the replacement ones (they have a sticker on the box). However, BB has been told by Verizon that they cannot release them until the government approves them.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I was told by a Store Manager that their Samsung Rep told them next week as well.
I was at my corporate store again today checking to see if they happened to have any new information. I was told by the store manager that the Samsung rep had been in to visit with him 2 days ago and said the new phones had been shipped to the carrier. He said they should receive them within the next few days. It's likely no one is sure exactly what will happen now that the federal government is involved, but with any luck the approval will get pushed through quickly and the replacements will be available mid week.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I went in to my corporate store today. I talked to one of the reps that received his note 7 same day I did. I asked what he is doing. He said waiting until next week when they the replacements in. They still did not want to take my phone back. Even after I showed the latest email from samsung.

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just went in with my note 7 to get my loaner phone and was told that i had 2 options. keep my note 7 till the new ones come in the last week of Sept or trade it in for another phone but if i traded in for another phone that phone was mine it was not a loaner so when the notes come in i could not come back and trade the "new" phone for a note 7. Needless to say i brought my note back home and will just have to wait till they get the new notes in. I t crazy how we hear something different in every store. some get loaners while others like me are told no loaners

bomarco

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
For those who are considering a permanent switch to the S7 or S7 edge, just saw this buried in the Verizon website (in FAQ's about the Samsung upgrade program) :

Annual Upgrade program will no longer be available for Samsung S7 and Samsung S7 edge purchased on or after 9/11/2016.

It looks like going forward only iPhones will be eligible for annual upgrades on Verizon. Not a single Android phone. This has not been publicized as far as I know and represents a major change, in my opinion.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got back from my local Verizon store. Got a S7 edge as my loaner and can swap back for a new note 7 when they arrive no restock fee or anything. They were saying the new phones would be in next week and had no clue about the latest turn your phone in now. So, for now, I'm happy. Just ready to get my note 7 back

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I just got back from my local Verizon store. Got a S7 edge as my loaner and can swap back for a new note 7 when they arrive no restock fee or anything. They were saying the new phones would be in next week and had no clue about the latest turn your phone in now. So, for now, I'm happy. Just ready to get my note 7 back

I wouldn't mind trying the S7 edge free for awhile, but I really don't want the hassle of setting of my phone 3 times in just a few weeks if I'm going to get another new one next week. I'll roll the dice that my phone isn't going to explode.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I just talked to a rep over the phone, and she told me the same thing everyone else has been hearing lately...with one exception.

So, yes, you can take your N7 in and swap for an S7 loaner. No fee to restock the N7, and there will be no fee to restock the S7. However, the rep said you have to do this in order to get on "the list" of people who will get new N7s when they arrive. If you hold on to your N7, apparently you should expect people who exchanged theirs to get their new N7 first.

I'm going in tomorrow to make the exchange. We're hearing we'll see new devices as early as next week (which they said last week, so...) or as late as sometime in October. With the involvement of the CPSC and FAA, who knows what else can happen. So better safe than sorry, is my take.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind trying the S7 edge free for awhile, but I really don't want the hassle of setting of my phone 3 times in just a few weeks if I'm going to get another new one next week. I'll roll the dice that my phone isn't going to explode.

Resetting my temporary S7 took much less time than it did previously. If you do it enough, you'll get real good at it :)

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Got the s7 edge while i wait for the new note 7 approval.

We can return them as long as we exchanged them before or by the 30th. If not, and the new note 7's aren't approved by that time, you are stuck with the note 7 until the new ones are approved.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I just talked to a rep over the phone, and she told me the same thing everyone else has been hearing lately...with one exception.

So, yes, you can take your N7 in and swap for an S7 loaner. No fee to restock the N7, and there will be no fee to restock the S7. However, the rep said you have to do this in order to get on "the list" of people who will get new N7s when they arrive. If you hold on to your N7, apparently you should expect people who exchanged theirs to get their new N7 first.

I'm going in tomorrow to make the exchange. We're hearing we'll see new devices as early as next week (which they said last week, so...) or as late as sometime in October. With the involvement of the CPSC and FAA, who knows what else can happen. So better safe than sorry, is my take.

I feel like that can't be true. I would think their priority would be getting the possibly explosive Notes off the market ASAP, regardless of whether you traded it in for a s7/s7e first.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
I was told by a Store Manager that their Samsung Rep told them next week as well.

They can't know when if they don't know when they gov't will approve. The phones maybe ready but without approval, they will be sitting in crates for a while. Better to exchange instead of risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1