Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel like that can't be true. I would think their priority would be getting the possibly explosive Notes off the market ASAP, regardless of whether you traded it in for a s7/s7e first.

Agreed. When I spoke to the rep at verizon she read the entire page and never once stated those who exchange them for S7 got first priority. I think ANY N7 owner will get priority. Being those of us who didnt exchange are at a greater risk than those that did we would probably be first if that was the case just to get them off the street.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Agreed. When I spoke to the rep at verizon she read the entire page and never once stated those who exchange them for S7 got first priority. I think ANY N7 owner will get priority. Being those of us who didnt exchange are at a greater risk than those that did we would probably be first if that was the case just to get them off the street.

So will Verizon just let me return mine and be done with it? I'm getting tired of this crap.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
On the phone with a Verizon rep due to data issues I've been experiencing. Anyway he seems extremely knowledgeable about the recall and what's going on with returns or exchanges. He informed me that you can actually exchange for any phone doesn't have to be a Samsung device and that device can be exchanged for the replacement note 7. I asked was he sure and he laughed and said yes he's read the email. Sounds good but I'm holding on to my note 7 until at least mid next week hopefully we will know some concrete info.

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site

Likewise, my 60 mile round trip to the corporate store did not yield the same results as others. I was told if I exchanged for an S7E, that would be my exchange. I guess if I was within the 2 weeks, I could return it, but that would do no good if the replacement Note 7s weren't in yet, not to mention the restocking fees and what not. I sure wish Verizon would get their act together and all the corporate stores would be presenting the same message. I was told to hang on to my Note 7 until the replacements are in if I wanted another Note 7. They are clueless. I am not about to waste another trip to the corporate store to argue with them. I will just wait for the replacement to show up. I would think those people told to hang on to their phones would get first dibs on the replacements?

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Except that you (and others that still have their N7s) are *choosing* to ignore all the requests to stop using the device and return it, whatever you're personal choice may be.

You can't have it both ways.

The policy makes sense - those that are electing to take advantage of the loaners as provided by their carriers - they are noting the accounts, etc., and this will probably be the way that the stores are provided initial stock. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get yours replaced - but others have now effectively gone through the process of standing in line to initiate the exchange....

Those that haven't - get the joy to wait a bit longer...

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I had the same experience. Unless your buying a phone they have no interest in you. Its very employee specific. Thats why i chose to buy my phone online. As the local corporate store is not that helpful
I am online with Samsung now and they can AUTHORIZE a ticket directly to Verizon store to let them know , samsung will pick up the tab for loaner.

The agent from Samsung online took down my info.
What she said was the new Note7's are not even Approved by the US government. So it may take longer than people think.
Contact Samsung Support

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Except that you (and others that still have their N7s) are *choosing* to ignore all the requests to stop using the device and return it, whatever you're personal choice may be.

You can't have it both ways.

The policy makes sense - those that are electing to take advantage of the loaners as provided by their carriers - they are noting the accounts, etc., and this will probably be the way that the stores are provided initial stock. I'm not saying that you shouldn't get yours replaced - but others have now effectively gone through the process of standing in line to initiate the exchange....

Those that haven't - get the joy to wait a bit longer...

And the reason that those of US that got the 'loaners" (according to my rep @ corporate store) will get them first is that we are going on a list to be called when the arrive as our names are being placed on them. Those that don't get the exchange now are saying to Samsung/Verizon "I don't care what you say about the safety of the phone, I'm going to ignore you and do it my way".

And for those of you that say well ill just sue them if it explodes.....WRONG ANSWER!!! It's a legal term called "mitigating damage" Samsung/Verizon has notified you of a problem, advised you not to use phone, advised you to turn the phone off, advised you to return the phone, is giving compensation, is not leaving you in a lurch as loaners are being given, and returning $ for items you bought. Just because it's not what you want when and how you want it, if you ignore all they gave said, and ignore it......If something happens you didn't try to mitigate your damages, you are on the hook. Look it up people, it's a legal requirement.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Verizon right now. I made my son turn his Note7 off and he is impatient to get a new device. I am still using mine mostly because I wasn't able to reactivate my old device because I just activated the Note7 and the call Centers werent open.

She's telling me that even though I purchased my device at a premium retailer I should take my Note7 to a corporate store. That if I exchange for the S7Edge I can still exchange in 14 days "if" the Note7 becomes available within 14 days. I wanted her to email me but she texted me the information instead. She also advised me that I onlt meeded to return the device.

Wish me luck 🍀

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I traded for the s7e today and was really sad to leave my note behind, but I gotta tell ya this 7e is killer so far..snappy fast and I'm happy with the battery. I have installed everything individually and skipped the smart switch..wasn't taking chances on lag...I was assured I could switch back to note7 if I wanted to no matter when they arrived even after the Sept deadline without penalty..I got 25.00 off a case and he told me they would take 7e case back in exchange for one for the note if I needed it or I could just have 25.00 off my bill when I switch back. I went in and killed them with kindness and just flat out asked what they were going to do for me with this note exchange. I will admit I went out of town to another Verizon store in a bigger city about 45 miles away, as I tried yesterday to exchange here locally and they wanted no part of the exchange(yes it was a real Verizon store) They told me to just keep the note til the new ones arrived. All in all I'm happy with the way it went down

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I do not think that anything was said about suing anyone. A lot of the stores are actually advising customers to hold on to the N7. All reality though I don't believe anyone's name is going on a list. Its going to be a matter of calling the store getting told they are in and going in for exchange, regardless of a swap or not.

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I was in the Verizon store today and rep lady told me to contact Samsung, I'm not worrying at all, will keep my n7 for longer, I was just curious about people telling crazy stories how stuff is clueless and in fact I was little shocked as well, lol....

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if you've read all of this thread, but there are quite a few stores advising customers to hold onto the N7 until they can do a trade for trade, even after the latest email saying to power down and trade now. I doubt Samsung will advise them to refuse replacements N7s to people who have the defective models in favor of people who have s7/s7e. If you bought a N7 initially you will probably get a replacement regardless of loaner status. It's like every one wants to fight for who gets the first replacements.

NO! I'll get it first because I jumped on my left foot, scratched my head, and praised the Samsung/Verizon gods while sacrificially burning the N7 in store!

And the reason that those of US that got the 'loaners" (according to my rep @ corporate store) will get them first is that we are going on a list to be called when the arrive as our names are being placed on them. Those that don't get the exchange now are saying to Samsung/Verizon "I don't care what you say about the safety of the phone, I'm going to ignore you and do it my way".

And for those of you that say well ill just sue them if it explodes.....WRONG ANSWER!!! It's a legal term called "mitigating damage" Samsung/Verizon has notified you of a problem, advised you not to use phone, advised you to turn the phone off, advised you to return the phone, is giving compensation, is not leaving you in a lurch as loaners are being given, and returning $ for items you bought. Just because it's not what you want when and how you want it, if you ignore all they gave said, and ignore it......If something happens you didn't try to mitigate your damages, you are on the hook. Look it up people, it's a legal requirement.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I feel like that can't be true. I would think their priority would be getting the possibly explosive Notes off the market ASAP, regardless of whether you traded it in for a s7/s7e first.
They are telling poeple anything just to get them to trade in... Getting notes still in people's hand would definitely be the priority

G6400

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
I would want to replace the latest, now it's cool on use, cool on charge, battery lasts exceptionally well after optimization, can't complain.... Later I exchange the freshest battery I got, so no worries, of course unless it gets hot or so, or you are extreme user etc...
***The other thing is gvt is stepping in for approvals and knowing we live in the iPhone country nobody knows how long that can take..,

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site

Actually I've been told 4 times by Verizon staff to keep my phone until the new units arrive. Once on the phone once on Twitter and 2 times in store visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.