Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
wow arizona stores are allowing and this has to come from Verizon not just local decision. I would call the 800 number because Verizon is allowing double switch.

Posted via the Android Central App
I have seen it several times the store manager let's things happen that others wouldn't. That's why I am nervous about the double swap, it seems this is not a national thing, some do it some don't. What happens when the new note 7 comes out and the system won't let you change for the new note 7. To much risky, I've seen Verizon screw to many people in the past to trust the double deal 100%. Having the old note 7 in hand when the new ones come out gives me a better playing hand.

MotoWojo

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
wow arizona stores are allowing and this has to come from Verizon not just local decision. I would call the 800 number because Verizon is allowing double switch.

Posted via the Android Central App

The problem is that Verizon needs to state their policy on this somewhere as different stores are saying different things. I wasted a half a day and a lot of gasoline to drive to nearest corporate store just to be told to hang on to my phone if I want to exchange it for a replacement Note 7. I am really disgusted with Verizon's customer service, but that's nothing new. Just sucks that other carriers don't have the coverage I need.

Allure2323

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
So. I went into Verizon to exchange my Note 7 for something while I wait for the new Notes to be released. The rep gave me two options; 1. Exchange it for any phone in the store while I wait for the new Notes. Or 2. Hang on to it until this Friday when the new notes will be released in stores.
She told me it may also be earlier or later than the 16th because Verizon is fighting Samsung on the date because that is the date for the iPhone 7 release. The crowds will be obnoxious to try to get through to replace Note 7s. She also told me that the people who STILL HAVE POSSESSION of their Note 7 will have top priority in getting the new Notes. The rep informed me that she still has her Note as well and is just being extra cautious (only charging with factory charger and only during the day in a safe place) So I left with Note 7 still in hand. Nine isn't over heating or causing any issue so I suppose I can wait a few more days.
Just some info that I learned today.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
So. I went into Verizon to exchange my Note 7 for something while I wait for the new Notes to be released. The rep gave me two options; 1. Exchange it for any phone in the store while I wait for the new Notes. Or 2. Hang on to it until this Friday when the new notes will be released in stores.
She told me it may also be earlier or later than the 16th because Verizon is fighting Samsung on the date because that is the date for the iPhone 7 release. The crowds will be obnoxious to try to get through to replace Note 7s. She also told me that the people who STILL HAVE POSSESSION of their Note 7 will have top priority in getting the new Notes. The rep informed me that she still has her Note as well and is just being extra cautious (only charging with factory charger and only during the day in a safe place) So I left with Note 7 still in hand. Nine isn't over heating or causing any issue so I suppose I can wait a few more days.
Just some info that I learned today.

I will bet it wont happen this week cuz now the government is involved.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I will bet it wont happen this week cuz now the government is involved.
You never know. There's a lot of pressure to get this moving quickly. With an election year, no government agency will want to look slow. Plus, Samsung has replacement phones in the queue. The CPSC has to realize the more this drags on, the more it will reflect poorly on them. I'm betting Monday or Tuesday there will be an announcement.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So now Verizon is not so concerned with our safety as they stated in their text. Let's take care of the iPhones first. Maybe Verizon should fight with Apple because there are exploding phones that need replaced and as they stated safety is their main concern 😂

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Call Verizon support before going to the store. I've found you'll get much more reliable information from them rather than in-store or online chat.

I called yesterday and today and the 'double swap' was confirmed both times. So I went to my store this morning and turned in my N7 for an S7 Edge. It took all of 20 minutes. That's 20 minutes well spent for my piece of mind and not having to worry about this nonsense anymore until the revised N7s come in.

During the process I was able to hold both devices at the same time - the N7 and S7 Edge. I know I have the option, but how anyone would decide to keep the S7 Edge when they can return it for the N7 is beyond me.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I just did it today and got the case for the S7e. They said I can bring that back when I swap. Samsung is eating the cost of all this not Verizon.

anon(20073)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
You never know. There's a lot of pressure to get this moving quickly. With an election year, no government agency will want to look slow. Plus, Samsung has replacement phones in the queue. The CPSC has to realize the more this drags on, the more it will reflect poorly on them. I'm betting Monday or Tuesday there will be an announcement.

Hope your right but imo The CPSC could give a crap less about the election, i work for the government so i know how slow they can be.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hope your right but imo The CPSC could give a crap less about the election, i work for the government so i know how slow they can be.

What about people appointed to lead these departments though? Some Best Buys as posted previously already have revised devices. For all we know the carriers at their warehouses might have got them and are waiting for the green light to release them. I'm sure Samsung didn't produces hundreds of thousands of new devices without knowing the government approved them. I'm sure they were in talks with CPSC before it was made public a few days ago. I mean eventually the government would catch on when they saw Samsung first made the announcement. Samsung isn't stupid. Lets see what happens this week. Hopefully tomorrow something is announced and by the end of the week we got new phones. Maybe we will be up all night watching flight departure times again.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Went to the corporate store and walked out carrying new S7Edges (2) & Note7 (2). I will say this for the store in Newburgh NY they won me over.

So you got the loaners AND we're able to keep your original N7 ? Where in Newburgh? I want go there. I don't mind having a loaner as long as I can still hold on to my Note until the new ones come in.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Yesterday, I went to Verizon Corporate store, and they denied the double swap. Today I went to the same corporate store and they are now doing the double swap. They said that they just learned of it this morning and that Samsung is paying Verizon to make it happen. I was sitting at a large table and 3 of us were swapping out our N7s for S6Es, and waiting for the new N7s to be released so we can swap back to the N7. Pretty seamless now that the representatives at the corporate store were informed of the policy. They said we would be texted when the new N7s are in stock. They wanted the phone and everything that came in the box.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So you got the loaners AND we're able to keep your original N7 ? Where in Newburgh? I want go there. I don't mind having a loaner as long as I can still hold on to my Note until the new ones come in.
I didn't get to keep the note7s I did have to take them back to the store I bought them at. But they told me I could definitely return the s7edges when the note7 is re-released. I was very impressed with how they went above and beyond to make sure we had a "safe" device to use even though they didn't sell me the note7s

cmooreski

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
buckifvr, Could tell me which corporate store you visited. I am in the Dublin area and wanted to go to the same one so I won't run into any issues. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech