Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It makes me chuckle too and I drive by it everyday. It amazes me how so many people stop to take pictures with them. Oh well. Anyways, I just charged my loaner S7E, and its funny because this device seems to get hotter when charging than the N7 I turned in. GO BUCKS! BEAT THE SOONERS!
It does get hot!

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Might be worth switching to get the free gifts and then switch back to the note 7. Who knows they will probably have a promo for the note 7 again to win customers back.

Same here, got the SD card a while ago. Put in for it the day I got the n7. Traded the n7 in sat. And put in for the vr. Shows approved ready for shipping. Figure when I got the n7 I would get another something. Already got 20, 10 and at some point 25. And the vr comes with oculus money too.

We'll worth my time. Glad it didn't burn me or mine. Typing this with my s7e wishing I still had the n7.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Same here, got the SD card a while ago. Put in for it the day I got the n7. Traded the n7 in sat. And put in for the vr. Shows approved ready for shipping. Figure when I got the n7 I would get another something. Already got 20, 10 and at some point 25. And the vr comes with oculus money too.

We'll worth my time. Glad it didn't burn me or mine. Typing this with my s7e wishing I still had the n7.

Im still waiting on my SD card, got my N7 on release day and put in for the gift as soon as i could pull the phone info. I will probably go switch out the phones tomorrow to get the gift on the S7.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Is the free gear VR only with ordering through Samsung? Going to Verizon to swap to the s7 edge till replacements arrive.

Should be with ordering through any carrier. It's like the note 7 promo, you provide proof of purchase (receipt) and phone information (mac address and imei number).

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I'm curious how long we'll have to swap back. I may swap back but I sort of want to wait a few weeks to see if there's any other issues. I like the S7 Edge I'm using but I do miss the Note 7.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm curious how long we'll have to swap back. I may swap back but I sort of want to wait a few weeks to see if there's any other issues. I like the S7 Edge I'm using but I do miss the Note 7.
Well I got mixed answers at the corporate store, yesterday they told me 14 days from swap date and today the guy said, "see you when the Note7s are in, whenever that is." I've resigned myself to this S7Edge but I really want my Note7 back so I'm hoping they get shipped and release soon.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well I just activated my note 5 and put the 7 in the closet. Going to play it safe for now. I'll probably return by the 30th if no legit news on the actual replacements coming out.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I didn't get to keep the note7s I did have to take them back to the store I bought them at. But they told me I could definitely return the s7edges when the note7 is re-released. I was very impressed with how they went above and beyond to make sure we had a "safe" device to use even though they didn't sell me the note7s
What happens if you held onto your notes until the replacements come in.

Also were the S7Es free of charge since you already paid for the notes and they r just loaners?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a tracking # for my SD card Friday for my N7....today got my approval for the VR using the s7e receipt. So yep, worked for me. Also when I reinstalled Samsung pay today it's telling me I get 10. For my 1st purchase...already got the 20. So tomorrow I'll use Samsung pay and see if they give me that too.
Did you have to buy your loaner s7e or was it free?

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
i know there is a problem with the batteries, i know the phones need to be replaced (i will replace mine), however i do not believe every media reported note 7 related story at face value (call me a cynic)
It may be true, but I am suspicious because there are no photos. Not of the phone or anything. You would think that's the first thing a newspaper would get to validate the story.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
It may be true, but I am suspicious because there are no photos. Not of the phone or anything. You would think that's the first thing a newspaper would get to validate the story.
I thought I read on one if these forums that it was not plugged in, the 6 year old case. That's the whole reason I went back to my note 5. Might be turning the note 7 back on.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
So just FYI there is some rumors going around stating Samsung will deactivate all the recalled N7's after Sept 30th. Not sure how true it is but something to think about if you plan to continue using your note 7.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Well I just activated my note 5 and put the 7 in the closet. Going to play it safe for now. I'll probably return by the 30th if no legit news on the actual replacements coming out.

I reverted to my Note 5 also with the 7 powered down and in the box ready for return. Seems that every CSR has a different story so I am just confused by it all. Hopefully we can get one correct Verizon position. But I doubt it. After all it is Big Red. The only thing that is constant is the Sept 30 deadline to return.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One apparently exploded in New York and injured a 6 year old. Its one thing for an adult to say "Im keeping it until replacements come in" but its another to let a 6 year old play with it knowing the risk.
Exactly. I'm making a judgement call on continuing to use mine. Yes, there is a risk. I am aware of that and prepared for the consequences. Knowing there was a recall, and handing it to a small child to play with, there is a problem. It's public knowledge there is a recall. If you have this phone and don't know that, either you live under a rock or your internet (even on that fancy phone) has been down for 2 weeks. To hand the phone to a child is irresponsible.

Last edited:

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Are the people that are getting a loaner phone getting some sort of written proof that they can indeed trade that back in for a full refund/equal trade for a new Note7? With all of the random crazy stuff that Verizon employees say I'd hate to go get a 7Edge and then a month from now tell me I can't trade it back in for a new Note7 saying "well I don't know what they told you, but that just isn't true."

The length of this thread is worse than trying to sift through a thread on Flyertalkforums...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci