Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
It was a manual transmission linkage recall 2010 - 2014. If your was a auto, as far as I know it is/was fine.

Yeah, I tell them anytime I take my Camaro's (Hot Wheels Edition, and a Deep Magenta Metalic) in to leave my fricken keys alone.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I brought the phone and phone only back and accidentally walked out with the ccharger in my jacket pocket (it was snowing and sleeting yesterday!). As soon as I showed them I had a Note 7 they started showing me all the phones they thought were comparable, no questions asked except they teased me about not wanting to live dangerously. They were falling over their feet to help me, and I got to work with a damn good associate. I kept crashing the system trying to get the return to go through so he sent me to the bar down the sidewalk and called me to come back when my phone was activated.

Had an issue with the $35 restock fee. I paid it and they credited it immediately back to my account, which I was okay with.

Oh, and I called Verizon today because my receipts posted weird to my documents on My Verizon, which I kind of expected after the two system crashes I caused, and the CSR gave me 2 GB of extra promotional data for two years without prompt because I am "a loyal customer." I also got to keep the extra 2 GB "forever" for upgrading to the New New Verizon Plan when I upgraded to the Note 7.

Verizon has been so pleasant and kissed my butt so hard in the last 24 hours I'm gonna need an ice pack!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
This
Was told to bring everything in the s7 edge box.
I brought back the phone and a empty box. Not even the metal thing to open the sim/SD tray. I kept it all! The Verizon rep told me that Samsung only wants the phone back. Samsung won't reuse any of the chargers or cords. Recycle maybe but reuse, no

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I had a very bad experience with the "premium" retailer Verizon sent me to. The guy was pissed and kept $70 for the "restocking" fee. Called Verizon and the guy was just as pissed. Waiting to hear back from them tonight as he said he would be calling the retailer and telling them they had to return the fees. We shall see. He was looking for any reason not to do the return and kept yelling "you signed this contract" he even tried to use the fact that my son lost his black plastic case the headphones came in. He kept referencing the "voluntary recall" and even told me that Samsung had no idea what they were talking about because only the GSM phones had exploded and therefore the CDMA phones were not affected by battery issue.

It all depends on who you're dealing with. The Newburgh,NY Verizon Corporate store has always been my go to. Just figures the first time I upgrade to a brand new release and it's recalled. I will never go to another "premium" retailer again and certainly never a WIRELESS ICON store.

Time to go leave some reviews.

xdroidgalaxy

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Just returned my phone to VZW for a full refund. Still have my old Note 3. How Verizon cannot have something as simple as an FAQ on their website about the Note 7 recall boggles the mind.

Cash back in my pocket and the Note 7 gone gives me the most flexibility. If I have to wait longer for a Note 7 than a straight exchange so be it. It's a relief to have it gone- and I love the phone.

May consider ATT when I get a new one. This recall event is when you get to see customer service in action. Verizon has not impressed vis a vis the other carriers. - information flow, consistency of answers across stores, etc VZW has been a joke

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Returned mine today too...Corporate Store in PA. They were very nice about it...I returned all the stuff that came with the phone, although they never checked the box. I had paid full retail for the Note 7 and a car charger and subsequently bought a case and a Zagg screen protector. I returned all of them and had the receipts. They credited every penny and took all of it back..no issue.
I asked when they expected the new Note 7s and they said they hoped at the end of this week.
One interesting tidbit, when I called the 800-922-0204 # before going to the store, the CSR I spoke to said one of the guys in their call center had his Note 7 burn while plugged in on his nightstand...he had been showing all of them pictures of how it melted supposedly. I was calling to see if I could choose an S7 Edge until they had new Note 7s in, but the scoop I got was that I could buy and return an S7 Edge, but only for the 14 day return period...if they didn't get the new Note 7s in at that point or after September 30th, then I wouldn't be able to get out of the S7 Edge.

That's why I decided to return the Note 7 altogether and I re-activated my Note 5 and figure I have the most flexibility of choices this way.

Last edited:

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Returned mine today too...Corporate Store in PA. They were very nice about it...I returned all the stuff that came with the phone, although they never checked the box. I had paid full retail for the Note 7 and a car charger and subsequently bought a case and a Zagg screen protector. I returned all of them and had the receipts. They credited every penny and took all of it back..no issue.
I asked when they expected the new Note 7s and they said they hoped at the end of this week.
One interesting tidbit, when I called the 800-922-0204 # before going to the store, the CSR I spoke to said one of the guys in their call center had his Note 7 burn while plugged in on his nightstand...he had been showing all of them pictures of how it melted supposedly. I was calling to see if I could choose an S7 Edge until they had new Note 7s in, but the scoop I got was that I could buy and return an S7 Edge, but only for the 14 day return period...if they didn't get the new Note 7s in at that point or after September 30th, then I wouldn't be able to get out of the S7 Edge.

That's why I decided to return the Note 7 altogether and I re-activated my Note 5 and figure I have the most flexibility of choices this way.
If my son hadn't broke his Note 3 that's what we would have done. I've resigned myself to the fact that we could be with the S7Edge for a year or 2

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried turning in my Note 7 for a "loaner" phone at the Hamilton Town Center corporate store in Noblesville, IN, but stated that my only two options were to return it for a refund or exchange it for another phone; one that would become my new permanent phone.
I fault poor corporate leadership, communication and accountability for the range of experiences we've had at Verizon stores. Because one of the options that Samsung presented to ALL Note 7 owners has been taken off the table for me, I hope and pray that all is well until I can get a new Note 7.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is all such a damn mess. I won't accept an s7 edge as a permanent device. Verizon and Samsung both should be willing to do whatever is needed to keep us happy and safe.

sistasweetpea

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
As much as I hated to do it, I turned off my Note 7 and reactivated my Note 4. I feel a little better about it now. While I was in the Verizon store, the employee who helped me showed me a picture she took of a coral blue note 7 that burned up near me. I hit closer to home that it could happen to me. Now to wait for the cpsc to approve the new ones...

simplystephlb

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
We spoke to Verizon support (800) and was told about the double swap, but our local Corporate store had been telling us that was not an option earlier the same day. She had am email confirming this. The following day she called our Corporate store to inform them and made sure they knew about the email. The manager didn'the have the email the day before, but did see it at the time that the customer service rep called him. The customer service rep then called us to let us know the hat our store knew about it.
Once we did our swap for S7Es a few days later, they also made a notation on our account that we'do be swapping for the N7s when/if they are in stock.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Spoke with Samsung they said within 7-10 days the replacements will be ready to get. Holding on to both my Note 7's till then.

This is what I mean. If they're a week away from replacing them why not just make an announcement so we know what is going on so we can decide if we want to return our Notes for a different phone.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
You never know. There's a lot of pressure to get this moving quickly. With an election year, no government agency will want to look slow. Plus, Samsung has replacement phones in the queue. The CPSC has to realize the more this drags on, the more it will reflect poorly on them. I'm betting Monday or Tuesday there will be an announcement.
NO. It reflects poorly on Samsung. It only makes the CPSC look diligent. It's not an agency thought of as particularly partisan. What they do won't affect any candidates.

Just because Sammy wants to rush these replacements out into the market doesn't mean they are safe. Samsung obviously cannot be trusted to produce a safe product. New phones should be tested.

I am also going nuts hearing stories of people being "careful" while charging. These unstable devices shouldn't even be turned on let alone charged....with any charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36