Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
The two reps who helped me with my exchange were both sporting black Note 7's. That was on Sunday. And one tried to convince me to hang on to my own.

This the same experience I had at my store in Noblesville, IN. Two trips to the store to trade mine for a loaner resulted in them saying, "just be careful with it and we'll let you know when the new ones are available". Both reps had theirs in their pockets and told me it would be fine. BTW, the were not letting me have a loaner phone, even though I asked for one.

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
This the same experience I had at my store in Noblesville, IN. Two trips to the store to trade mine for a loaner resulted in them saying, "just be careful with it and we'll let you know when the new ones are available". Both reps had theirs in their pockets and told me it would be fine. BTW, the were not letting me have a loaner phone, even though I asked for one.

My wife and I had the same experience with our Verizon store. They were very nice and would exchange it if I wanted but pulled the Note 7 out of their pockets and said they were holding onto theirs. They even said all the phone that caught on fire were in other countries and using third party chargers.

I purchased the car charger from Verizon. Is that a third party charger?

the block

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Can OP update post #1 with when VZW Note 7 replacements are expected/estimated? I'd prefer not to read through 1,165 posts to find the answer. Thanks

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Well according to ABC News Samsung will be sending out an app that only allows the Note 7 to charge to 60% also it says this about the replacements

"Samsung plans to begin issuing new Note 7s with batteries it says will not be prone to overheating beginning on Sept. 19. It has recalled 2.5 million of the devices after dozens of cases of them exploding or catching fire. Samsung says the problem stems from a manufacturing glitch in the batteries.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Well according to ABC News Samsung will be sending out an app that only allows the Note 7 to charge to 60% also it says this about the replacements

"Samsung plans to begin issuing new Note 7s with batteries it says will not be prone to overheating beginning on Sept. 19. It has recalled 2.5 million of the devices after dozens of cases of them exploding or catching fire. Samsung says the problem stems from a manufacturing glitch in the batteries.

There you go!!!!

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I wonder if this app would work on my G4 so I can leave it plugged in all day at work without killing the battery. Lol

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I do not think it will be an app, but an update to the OS of some sort.

I am sure you are right it won't be an app. Sorry for my bad choice of wording here it is as written by ABC News:

"Samsung plans to issue a software update for its recalled Galaxy Note 7 smartphones that will prevent them from overheating by limiting battery recharges to under 60 percent."

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm going back to my note 7. I went back to my note 5, there was a update and the battery life is horrible, wasn't fully charged in the morning. Don't look at the 16+ hours of battery time, it never fully charged that's why it says that.

cdd28f317bd78268fe3622b093aa0112.jpg

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
For every software update I have ever got on any android phone, I had the option to disregard it.... I presume this update will be the same, and I will prolly do so.

If we camt swap for a new one on the 19th, I will prolly just do a temp swap for the s7e, and cash in on the gear be promo, then swap back to n7 when available.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Nope. If you refer to my post a few posts ago, they teased me about not living dangerously but took my Note back. Montana reps are just raised better, haha.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am sure you are right it won't be an app. Sorry for my bad choice of wording here it is as written by ABC News:

"Samsung plans to issue a software update for its recalled Galaxy Note 7 smartphones that will prevent them from overheating by limiting battery recharges to under 60 percent."
Disabled auto update.....

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I finally gave in and switched from my Note 7 to a back up S6. I reset the Note, turned it off and put it in a fire proof file cabinet.

I don't think I'd be able to survive on the S6 alone. I was fortunate enough to get a Samsung Tab E 8.0 from AT&T as part of a promotion for a work account with 3 land lines. The Tab is definitely not a replacement for the Note but it's much better to fall back on than the S6 for most of my daily use.

I'll keep checking for a release date from Verizon each day, but I think I'm going to survive this.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site

The story you quote relates to actions that Samsung is taking in Korea, not the United States. You are pushing out inaccurate information, my friend. At no point in my reading did it state when/if this action would occur here.

Reference Article: http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/reports-samsung-quick-fix-note-full-recharge-42050199

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt