Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
. There is no auto-update for OS updates anyway, right?
Auto download not auto install
72513bdbe8950670479336cee6664124.jpg

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
So just wanted to give my 2 cents. I'm part of a family business so we have a business account and there are about 12 lines on the account. Walked into my Verizon store today where I always get my stuff. Told the check in guy why I was there and he said no problem at all....they would take the Note 7 back, let me choose a replacement phone and then when the new Notes came in I could bring it back and get a new Note 7. No hassle at all. I even went to a Phillies game last night and had taken my case off my Note 7 because of the heat issue....dropped my phone by accident while eating and it cracked very badly on 2 totally different corners.....the back of the phone look like a spiderweb. Again though they game no hassle at all and took it back....only thing I brought back was the phone....no cables or anything. Going to Vegas in a little over a week and didn't want to get any hassle if I kept my Note 7.....I look forward to getting my new Note 7 again though....loved it.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Have there been any signs of replacement Note 7's at Verizon yet?

Not in my neck of the woods. I continue to hear the "in a couple of weeks." I was in the store yesterday and finally turned in mine. I have a S7 Edge for the time being and I have to say it's not a bad device at all.

On a side note, they insisted I had to turn in everything with the Note 7.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
...I was in the store yesterday and finally turned in mine. I have a S7 Edge for the time being and I have to say it's not a bad device at all...
Were you given any time to take them both home to transfer your info, or did they make you do it there?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Question regarding the double exchange and device payment plan

Do we essentially pay the device installment plan for the S7edge/S7 and then start over from scratch when we exchange back to the N7?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Were you given any time to take them both home to transfer you info, or did they make you do it there?

Nah, I was prepared for the swap and I backed up my stuff on the computer before I headed there although the guy offered to transfer anything I wanted brought over. Whenever I switch devices, I like to set it up as a new device and not tranfer anything from one phone to the next, just in case. I did wait to do the restore until I was sure though. Lol

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Question regarding the double exchange and device payment plan

Do we essentially pay the device installment plan for the S7edge/S7 and then start over from scratch when we exchange back to the N7?

Yes, if you have the payment plan now, that will cancel out and you will start a new one with whatever device you select. Samsung technically has said a loner phone in the "J" lineup but my store didn't have any and gave me the option of anything. If you decide to go back to the Note 7 when they are available, the current device payment plan will cancel and you'll start a new one for the Note 7 and any payments you make will be credited back to you. If you decide to get a case for the new device, Samsung is giving you a $25 credit plus you can return it if you return the device and go back to the Note 7. Granted, you only get what you actually pay for the case but at least you're not stuck with it.

This has to be a nightmare for Verizon will all the changes.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Because the 7-10 *business* days noted when you call Samsung is based on the time noted by CSPC required to complete their evaluation.

Unless the company can control all aspects of a delivery, Companies will always communicate in the context of target dates and dependencies.

Samsung can't commit to a specific date yet because CSPC has not completed their evaluation...

Per the reps and updates I've heard and seen (either via this forum, calling BB, calling Samsung, or calling ATT, etc):

- CSPC began working with Samsung on 9/5

- Depending in who you talk to the range for the release appears to be between 9/15 (7 business days) to 9/19 (10 business days). This is in line with all the carriers and BB as well.

Some other key notes:

- there isn't a government recall issued - *yet* - only Samsung's voluntary recall along with CSPC/FAAs very strongly worded request for all to shut down and not use the device.

- CSPC has noted that they are working closely with Samsung to complete the evaluation.

- there are varying reports of stock ready and available in some stores, along with some doing prep work to reserve for those waiting. Samsung is obviously shipping heavily at this point to have stock ready to go.

- This is especially key this weekend when everyone comes in to stores to buy an iPhone and they can't with limited stock available. If Samsung was able to produce quite a bit more, there may be extra stock available outside the initial exchange.

- my two cents - If I had to guess, unless there are egregious findings by CSPC provided soon, I would expect a lawsuit by Samsung versus US CSPC if this delays any later than mid/late next week.

Otherwise - I'm thinking that these dates being noted are fairly valid and that hopefully we'll see the release late this week or weekend.
The explosion in New York today doesn't help their argument even though it wasn't a N7.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Link? This new news today ? Another occurrence?
No, u just caught me b4 I edited. I thought it was Times Square but apparently it was Brooklyn and not a N7. Either I misheard or radio reported it wrong. On my local radio station the guy called it a Note 7.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No, u just caught me b4 I edited. I thought it was Times Square but apparently it was Brooklyn and not a N7. Either I misheard or radio reported it wrong. On my local radio station the guy called it a Note 7.
Yeah the media is pretty bad lately on this front. They need to start doing due diligence before issuing these false reports.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I registered to share my experience.

I preordered note 7 from verizon website after 2-yr agreement & upgrade current line I am using.
I managed to keep my Unlimited Data Plan along with it.

Went to Corporate Store in PA after
contacted Samsung to raise the ticket on Verizon account.
contacted Verizon to confirm they received the ticket and note was in place.
confirmed with them I can get loaner and get the note 7 when it becomes available.

The staff in the store was informative and kind to explain everything.
He and his manager told me
I can switch to S7 or S7 Edge for now and switch back to Note 7 when It becomes available.
I asked them back what you are saying is 'double swap' and they answered yes.

So I was almost getting my note 7 replaced by s7 edge.
But the unlimited data plan was blocking everything to do so.
The system kept asking pick the data plan or no-go.

The staff was trying everything to keep my unlimited plan and explained everything.
But it could not be done in their level, so I left the store with my note 7 after let them digged into the matter for good hour.
I will try to find the way around or contact customer service for this matter.

By the way, when I tried to return my note7
he asked me if I have box for the phone.
I handed the box with nothing in it, and he never bothered to open the box.

So I will think about the keeping UDT, keeping until Note 7 available, or switch the carrier altogether after complete return
since I don't have any backup device for verizon ...
I have unlimited data returned myb2 Note7s and got the S7Edge no hassles with the unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34