Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I spent 4 hours in a Verizon corporate store trying to get them to do the double-swap. The store refused, and a 800 customer service person couldn't convince the manager to do it, so they told me they'd do it by mail. I ended up swapping my N7 for an S7. Big mistake. I was thinking the S7 had a 5.5" screen, and after spending 4 hours in the store, just wanted to get out of there. The small S7 screen is really frustrating after multiple Note phones.

Now, I'm wondering if I can swap out the S7 for an S7 edge, being only a few days since I got the S7. I can't find anything on the Verizon site that indicates you can't do more than one 14-day exchange, but I can't imagine they'd let you continuously do that either!

Anyone know what Verizon's rules are on exchanges?

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I spent 4 hours in a Verizon corporate store trying to get them to do the double-swap. The store refused, and a 800 customer service person couldn't convince the manager to do it, so they told me they'd do it by mail. I ended up swapping my N7 for an S7. Big mistake. I was thinking the S7 had a 5.5" screen, and after spending 4 hours in the store, just wanted to get out of there. The small S7 screen is really frustrating after multiple Note phones.

Now, I'm wondering if I can swap out the S7 for an S7 edge, being only a few days since I got the S7. I can't find anything on the Verizon site that indicates you can't do more than one 14-day exchange, but I can't imagine they'd let you continuously do that either!

Anyone know what Verizon's rules are on exchanges?
I'm only assuming, so here go's...
You exchanged the Note for the s7 so that's 1 exchange. If you exchange the s7 for the S7edge then that's 2 exchanges (double exchange) and your stuck with the S7edge because you used up your exchange allowance...

But I'm assuming, so I could be wrong

Hurtbirdbath

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Was at VZ last night (Bradenton, FL) to temporarily swap the N7 for a S7E, and the rep confirmed that the second swap only applies to switching back to the new N7 once released and not another device.

amtrucker22

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I was planning on waiting it out until the new Note 7's come in and just swap it out then, until this afternoon when my phone went dead. I looked at it about 5 minutes prior to it going dead and it had 45% left. That was enough for me. I went into the Verizon Corporate store and they told me that I should just wait. I then told them about the battery dying all of a sudden and the salesperson went to the manager. The manager said they would do a double swap with me. So I left with a S7E and will be swapping back to the Note 7 when they become available.

To recap... They were not going to swap with me until I told them my battery died all of a sudden....

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I was planning on waiting it out until the new Note 7's come in and just swap it out then, until this afternoon when my phone went dead. I looked at it about 5 minutes prior to it going dead and it had 45% left. That was enough for me. I went into the Verizon Corporate store and they told me that I should just wait. I then told them about the battery dying all of a sudden and the salesperson went to the manager. The manager said they would do a double swap with me. So I left with a S7E and will be swapping back to the Note 7 when they become available.

To recap... They were not going to swap with me until I told them my battery died all of a sudden....
I'm in a similar situation. Was going to hold out on my wife's phone, but today it started charging slow and getting much warmer than normal. So just shut it off and hopefully going to exchange tomorrow.

After seeing so many conflicting reports here, I called customer service myself and was initially told the double swap wasn't an option unless going directly through Samsung. Called again today, and was told i could get a temp J series loaner OR single exchange for S7 and hope I could exchange to the new Notes within 14 days plus restocking fee. Another member suggested emailing one of their PR directors, which I did to ask for a written policy. That was first thing this morning and yet to get a reply back from his office.

It seems the S7 double exchange isn't officially written out anywhere that I can find, so I'm going to just cross my fingers when I go tomorrow and hope for the best.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
This is what samsung gets. Every year they imitate apple and instead of being smart about it and taking the good attributes from android and apple, they just can't get it right. If they didn't have a sealed battery, all you'd have to replace is the battery.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
The Canton Store manager Armadi got rude when I ask him to note my account that I have the right to return the S7E when the Note 7's come in
He then went off about all this is blown out of proportion do to bad rumors on the internet etc.

He also said there have been no cases of exploding batteries in the USA and only 35 know world wide
I told him about the reports I seen on TV the most recent being in NY .......... He said " We have taken care of your concerns Thank You "
None of that is his call. It is being mandated by Samsung , Bestbuy and the carriers. I'd get so made at that I'd knock his name tag off:p You have been through enough without dealing with his hissy fit. Dang...That guy needs to put his big boy pants on, do his job, and shut up. I am curious where in NY this was?

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if the N7 silver and the S7edge silver are the same, color tone wise? I'm liking the color of the silver S7edge I'm temporarily using now.... I heard the silver S7edge was so popular that it was on backorder but the silver N7 was like a redheaded stepchild.. So there must be a huge difference in tone
I had the Silver Note7 and I have the Silver S7Edge now. I think they are the same.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
It seems the S7 double exchange isn't officially written out anywhere that I can find, so I'm going to just cross my fingers when I go tomorrow and hope for the best.

It's stated pretty clearly in Samsung's site. It might pay to carry a hard copy to some of these stores.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ng.com%2Fus%2Fnote7exchange%2F&token=eEVdORDn

"...Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

(No idea why that link is getting converted like that?? Should be:
www dot samsung dot com/us/note7exchange)

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
None of that is his call. It is being mandated by Samsung , Bestbuy and the carriers. I'd get so made at that I'd knock his name tag off:p You have been through enough without dealing with his hissy fit. Dang...That guy needs to put his big boy pants on, do his job, and shut up. I am curious where in NY this was?

I am sure it would be my fault , after all he had 3 other employees around him who you can bet the ranch they would all back what ever he says.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Canton, OHIO

Another thing this guy kept repeating "Gotcha" I am a grown *** 65 year old man , I too that as talking down to me.
He repeated this isn't Verizon's problem its Samsung's problem , I said well as far as I am concerned I bought it from Verizon that makes it Verizon's problem too.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I was getting ready to post my Note 5 and accessories for sell when the recall started. I decided to keep the Note 5 and use it until new note 7s are available. The Verizon store near me said that those with the bad note 7s will get new notes first, so made sense to me. However, if they are not in by the 28th and Verizon has not extended the turn in date than the Note 7 will be going back.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Something just occurred to me, Samsung is going to patch in an update to limit charges to 60% max charge to prevent the batteries from exploding, what if this update affects the new batch of note 7's as well?, you're basically going to have a 2100mah battery, possibly for as long as you own it...

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Something just occurred to me, Samsung is going to patch in an update to limit charges to 60% max charge to prevent the batteries from exploding, what if this update affects the new batch of note 7's as well?, you're basically going to have a 2100mah battery, possibly for as long as you own it...

Ugh. Better not happen to the new ones. I would not be a fan of that. I understand doing it to get people to exchange the original ones for new ones tho. But i doubt they would do it to the new ones.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Ugh. Better not happen to the new ones. I would not be a fan of that. I understand doing it to get people to exchange the original ones for new ones tho. But i doubt they would do it to the new ones.
They wouldn't do that they would obviously have a way to differentiate the two and only push the update to the older Mac addresses..That would be note 7 suicide ..

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
They wouldn't do that they would obviously have a way to differentiate the two and only push the update to the older Mac addresses..That would be note 7 suicide ..

Shoot yeah it would be note 7 suicide lol. That would be one thing that would make just go toward another phone. But like you said they wouldn't do that so I'll stay loving my note 7 lol😊

Status
Not open for further replies.