Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaladMaster

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Yes & no. It says on their main site that the 25$ credit applies to a full return or replacement of same device. SO if you fully returned it then you just have to contact samsung & figure it out with them..i dont know if its worth 25$ of phone calling etc but you'll end up getting it if u do. Ill ask verizon in person when im getting my new note 7 (love the phone). good luck

SaladMaster

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, lol. Iphone 7 looks great. Love this note 7 tho..design & camera & of course features & spen..but if u dont mind iOS i think ull be more than happy. decisions decisions

vonskie

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
Looked on CPSA website and the Note 7 is not listed as a recalled product yet, so no telling how long this approval process will take.. The rest of the world will have their new notes and we will be waiting on our government for decades.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It's stated pretty clearly in Samsung's site. It might pay to carry a hard copy to some of these stores.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ng.com%2Fus%2Fnote7exchange%2F&token=8fjkZrEQ

"...Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

(No idea why that link is getting converted like that?? Should be:
www dot samsung dot com/us/note7exchange)

Actually no. The part you put in bold was for the J series or similar phone loaner. The S7 falls under the second option, which omits a second exchange to a new Note 7.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually no. The part you put in bold was for the J series or similar phone loaner. The S7 falls under the second option, which omits a second exchange to a new Note 7.
Verizon Corporate stores would have to shut down if they flipped the script and said we're stuck with S series phones...
There's a mob of us and it won't end pretty...

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Corporate stores would have to shut down if they flipped the script and said we're stuck with S series phones...
There's a mob of us and it won't end pretty...
If it's not in writing, either as a publicly available statement or manually noted on your account, then those people only have themselves to blame for believing unofficial accounts over official policies if the stores start preventing the S7 double exchange.

I wish those people the best of luck, but I've tried multiple times through various methods to get the S7 double exchange verified from an official channel at Verizon before I go into the store in case the store doesn't want to play nice. From what I'm seeing, they are under no obligation to honor the S7 double exchange outside the 14 day window and it looks to be store level decisions that are even offering it as an option. As has been mentioned earlier, two people can have vastly different experiences even at the same store. I was hoping to stack the deck in my favor ahead of time.

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
It's stated pretty clearly in Samsung's site. It might pay to carry a hard copy to some of these stores.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ng.com%2Fus%2Fnote7exchange%2F&token=ZgtkfbSV

"...Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2. Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

(No idea why that link is getting converted like that?? Should be:
www dot samsung dot com/us/note7exchange)

And you missed the part where it says, "select carriers". Meaning not all carriers are going to offer a double swap.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
If it's not in writing, either as a publicly available statement or manually noted on your account, then those people only have themselves to blame for believing unofficial accounts over official policies if the stores start preventing the S7 double exchange.

I wish those people the best of luck, but I've tried multiple times through various methods to get the S7 double exchange verified from an official channel at Verizon before I go into the store in case the store doesn't want to play nice. From what I'm seeing, they are under no obligation to honor the S7 double exchange outside the 14 day window and it looks to be store level decisions that are even offering it as an option. As has been mentioned earlier, two people can have vastly different experiences even at the same store. I was hoping to stack the deck in my favor ahead of time.

There's a huge crowd that Verizon will have to deal with if they flipped the script....
This will not be a few customers getting jerked here and there..... Verizon will have a mob to deal with, at every corporate store....
I'm not worried... I'd be more worried if I was still holding on to a worthless device that's going to go up in flames

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
There's a huge crowd that Verizon will have to deal with if they flipped the script....
This will not be a few customers getting jerked here and there..... Verizon will have a mob to deal with, at every corporate store....
I'm not worried... I'd be more worried if I was still holding on to a worthless device that's going to go up in flames
Flip what script? You mean the one that, from everything I can tell, has been manufactured by the online community based on what seems to be select store level decisions? I've even asked on here about the S7 double exchange and no one has been able to point me to a written policy approving this. Perhaps you can provide a link to this "script?"

You're right, if those stores decide not to honor those double trades, there would be an uproar. Those that got it noted on their account would be right to get their exchange. Those that didn't or have other verification technically have no recourse other than to mob. That may work and Verizon could develop a heart, but it's well known that Verizon customer service in general isn't that high of a priority for them.

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Why would I ask for it in writing? I went into my Verizon store....told them I was there for the return and they told me to pick out what I wanted in the mean time until the 7s are released again. Absolutely no hassle at all....should I have then said "I demand you give me that in writing sirs!!!"?

They could have not been more polite thru the whole process....so why would I hassle them?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
should I have then said "I demand you give me that in writing sirs!!!"?
Perhaps using a more tactful phrasing, yes, since the only official policy statement I can find anywhere isn't even from Verizon directly. It's the Samsung statement as quoted above that expressly says the S7 is a single straight up exchange.

Call me cynical (and I often am), but this is one issue I wouldn't be so quick to leave to chance. I'd rather do a regular refund or exchange once when the new 7's are released if that's the case.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Flip what script? You mean the one that, from everything I can tell, has been manufactured by the online community based on what seems to be select store level decisions? I've even asked on here about the S7 double exchange and no one has been able to point me to a written policy approving this. Perhaps you can provide a link to this "script?"

You're right, if those stores decide not to honor those double trades, there would be an uproar. Those that got it noted on their account would be right to get their exchange. Those that didn't or have other verification technically have no recourse other than to mob. That may work and Verizon could develop a heart, but it's well known that Verizon customer service in general isn't that high of a priority for them.
I was told about the double exchange by a CSR when I called the 800 number, not by going in a select corporate store. She called the corporate store that I wanted to do the exchange with, to make sure they were on the same page.. The store already knew about the double exchange and soon as I walked in, they seen my N7 box and asked me if I was doing the double exchange or getting a refund......
I understand your fear of not having it in writing. I wouldn't have done it either if there wasn't such a huge group of people that I can group with, if this thing goes sour... But I highly doubt we'll be stuck with an S series....

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't quite understand why other regions are getting access to the IMEI tools to check if your phone is from a bad batch, but US isn't?

First off a lot of the sites with the look up are scam sites, and stealing your information. Second, all Note 7 in the US are being recalled, all would show up as failed in the database, and when you get a replacement (if the government ever approves them) you'd have an s on the box signifying you have a safe one. You don't need to use any database.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Why would I ask for it in writing? I went into my Verizon store....told them I was there for the return and they told me to pick out what I wanted in the mean time until the 7s are released again. Absolutely no hassle at all....should I have then said "I demand you give me that in writing sirs!!!"?

They could have not been more polite thru the whole process....so why would I hassle them?

In the Canton, Ohio company store, I asked for the manager wanting him to enter it into my account that I am out of the country starting Sept 28 returning on Oct 8th
you would have thought I shot the man. He refused .... In so many words he said you have your SAFE replacement please leave now

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon to get an update. Still no idea when new N7 will be available. Verizon has already charged us for our old phones that we had to send back to get the N7. I gave them the tracking number to prove they were shipped. Verizon is dropping the ball no loaner phones like the other carriers.
A "Chat Support Rep" at MyVerizon.com transferred my service back to my previous device, :p

The next day I called VZW's 800 support number and they said I'd get an email when the new phones are in stock, THEN I should call them and let them know to ship me one and I don't have to ship my old one back until I get and activate my new one. That's if I want to stay with the Note 7.

Peace. Alan

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The real party that needs to speak up is CPSC. How about a status update CPSC? My gut tells me we will know a status update by someone that actually knows something by Friday. I'm sure the process is well underway but it would be nice to hear an update.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The store already knew about the double exchange and soon as I walked in, they seen my N7 box and asked me if I was doing the double exchange or getting a refund......
I understand your fear of not having it in writing. I wouldn't have done it either if there wasn't such a huge group of people that I can group with, if this thing goes sour... But I highly doubt we'll be stuck with an S series....

I think I am doing the double exchange, that is what I went into do , they had to refund my original N7 then I had to buy the S7E
seemed very odd and alot of wasted time etc all that took under 30 minutes once it was my turn. My mistake was asking them to transfer everything for me
I had no idea it would take over 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.