Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
In my case I do not believe anything Verizon or its stores say. The only thing less trustworthy is a politician,, wait make that I trust a politician more than Verizon. If is not in writing, and even then I may be cautious, I won't believe it. Verizon will change their position whenever they want.

Those that took advantage of the "double exchange" and got a S7 or S7E could very well be stuck with them. You are depending on the Verizon's or store employee word.

My email from Samsung says otherwise

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
That makes sense. They never mentioned the J series (I never heard of it until the recall), and only just now saw it on VZW's site. Wonder if it's been there all along?

The wording "J SERIES" was not in the original email from Samsung it was on their updated statement

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I FINALLY got someone at Verizon to exchange my Note 7 for an S& Edge, and allow my to return that when the new Note &s are released. 3 trips to corp VZW stores, numerous online chats and a couple phone calls, all resulted in more and more frustration. One hand does not know what the other is doing, and each blames the other. Absolutely zero customer service until today, when I spoke with a very calm, professional and capable lady named Britney.
Within 20 minutes, I had my order placed, terms agreed to and the only thing left to do is wait until UPS shows up at my office on Friday.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My experience Monday at a corporate store and later best buy...

Entered corporate store and asked greeter/sign-up guy what my options were for my note7. He said full return or pick out any phone for now and they'd swap me back for a note7 when they're available again. (Totally his suggestion - never had to ask)

Asked him a couple more questions and he put me on the check-in list so I could talk to an agent (I'm assuming that door checker is the beginner position in the store).

Looked around at all the phones in the store for 5 minutes or so, pulling out my note7 to compare with a couple different options. Let me just say there was nothing as slim, smooth, or better screen in the whole place - even the 2 S7 models seemed klunky and poorly put together by comparison.

Then had 2 agents approach as I was holding my note7 next to an S7e. The guy explained the options I had while the female agent nodded and offered assurances that the whole double swap thing would be easy (it was almost like they were prepared for customers to pitch a fit - no surprise given the entitlement attitude in this town). I mentioned that, from what I'm reading, the failure rate seems pretty low, and I'm thinking I'd rather just keep using mine and wait to swap when replacements are available. The guy proceeds to look around the room, then pull his note7 out of his pocket and say that was his plan! The girl agreed, and showed hers, too!

Guy says something to the effect of 'of course, we have to say you should turn it in now...'

Thanked them for their time and said I'd be back hopefully next week.

Later, at best buy looking at a surface pro 4 for my wife's birthday, i was listening to the rep explain the value of the pen they include with the tablet. Pulled out my note7 and said I'm already sold on the pen idea - rep had one in his pocket as well and said he was going to wait for a replacement N7 too. He said he felt he was more likely to get in a car wreck on the way home than to have his N7 burn up.

That's my experience, your mileage may vary, you should turn in your phone now, the sky is falling, the check is in the mail, if you don't enjoy it we'll just stop, blah blah blah...
Hahaha, the sky is falling......

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So my friend was told, by a Verizon Store rep, to come in today to exchange her Note 7 for the new Note 7. Me, being highly skeptical, told her to make sure it has the sticker on it, because i have yet to hear or read from anyone (media or forums) that the new ones are available and/or being given out. I told her to let me know how her consult goes. LOL

Please let us know how this works out and maybe include some pictures of the new replacement box?

Cindiejean

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Just double checking....as I was going to head to the Wooster store tomorrow..They told you to keep the Note 7? I am leaving for Hilton Head on Saturday, and I was going to get this taken care of before. I want another Note 7! Not a replacement :(

Cindiejean

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Wow. Rude for sure... especially from a manager ..Friday Wooster basically told me to keep the note. It would be fine. Not to worry.. I do wanna say the 25$ was credited to my account toward the purchase of a case.
Just double checking....as I was going to head to the Wooster store tomorrow..They told you to keep the Note 7? I am leaving for Hilton Head on Saturday, and I was going to get this taken care of before. I want another Note 7! Not a replacement

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Just double checking....as I was going to head to the Wooster store tomorrow..They told you to keep the Note 7? I am leaving for Hilton Head on Saturday, and I was going to get this taken care of before. I want another Note 7! Not a replacement
They did, but that was before the notice from Samsung to shut em down. I just wanted to be done with the whole mess so I went to Canton the next morning. So I don't know what you can expect.

Cindiejean

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
They did, but that was before the notice from Samsung to shut em down. I just wanted to be done with the whole mess so I went to Canton the next morning. So I don't know what you can expect.

What a big pain! I really love my Note 7! I'll exchange for a temporary S7 Edge, but only if I can get a replacement Note when they are available. Thanks so much for your reply!

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's own website states no loaner or double exchange plan. After 2 weeks, it is very frustrating that there is not a consistent plan for getting on the wait list for a new Note7. If people try the unofficial double exchange, will they be notified? Won't Verizon's system think they are S7E owners? I am now using my old Note 5 while my new Note7 sits on my counter waiting for CPSC approval to be exchanged. I think most people just want a solid plan in place and maybe a timeline. Verizon needs to step up and come up with a consistent plan! My phone says Verizon on the back, it for use on Verizon's network, has Verizon's software and purchased from Verizon's website so Verizon needs to solve this. This is all the more reason to end carrier specific phones and just sell one phone which can be used on any carrier.

On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 due to an issue with the device’s battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon immediately stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Through September 30, 2016, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customer who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wishes to return or exchange it.

On Sept. 9, 2016, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a statement "urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device." As soon as the CPSC determines whether a replacement Galaxy Note7 is an acceptable remedy to provide to consumers and Samsung provides us with sufficient inventory to satisfy all prior Galaxy Note7 purchases, we will notify customers.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's own website states no loaner or double exchange plan. After 2 weeks, it is very frustrating that there is not a consistent plan for getting on the wait list for a new Note7. If people try the unofficial double exchange, will they be notified? Won't Verizon's system think they are S7E owners? I am now using my old Note 5 while my new Note7 sits on my counter waiting for CPSC approval to be exchanged. I think most people just want a solid plan in place and maybe a timeline. Verizon needs to step up and come up with a consistent plan! My phone says Verizon on the back, it for use on Verizon's network, has Verizon's software and purchased from Verizon's website so Verizon needs to solve this. This is all the more reason to end carrier specific phones and just sell one phone which can be used on any carrier.

On September 2, 2016, Samsung announced a voluntary recall of the Galaxy Note7 due to an issue with the device’s battery. Because customer safety is our top priority, Verizon immediately stopped selling the Galaxy Note7. Through September 30, 2016, we are waiving the restocking fee for any customer who purchased a Galaxy Note7 and wishes to return or exchange it.

On Sept. 9, 2016, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) issued a statement "urging all consumers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note7 to power them down and stop charging or using the device." As soon as the CPSC determines whether a replacement Galaxy Note7 is an acceptable remedy to provide to consumers and Samsung provides us with sufficient inventory to satisfy all prior Galaxy Note7 purchases, we will notify customers.

Do you have a link to this Verizon info? I just got my exchange (a double) on Monday. I called 611 from the phone and the lady explained the entire process. It was painless for a change.

Where on the Verizon website does it show no loaner or double exchange?

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Karen

Question about your Canton, Ohio visit

After you completed your swap did you get a TEXT from the Canton store the next day asking if you were happy with the service etc ?

PhabPhan

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: As suspected, the Verizon Rep guy was wrong. He had read an email from corporate saying the new phones will be in on Monday, but as we all know, they are not. He did say that my friend could switch to a S7 or S7E, and can switch back to Note 7 only if it is done before September 30.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Corp. store told me today they hope to have replacement Note 7's in by late this week or early next week.

If they do get them in the next day or two you can bet they will not exchange them until After the APPLE 7 drops on Friday

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it has been but I guess it doesn't sell very well.

It's a cheap plastic phone they give away for free now. My 8 year old has one. The thing doesn't even have auto brightness. AT&T also carries a variant of this and theirs is worst with only 8GB of internal space lol.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE: As suspected, the Verizon Rep guy was wrong. He had read an email from corporate saying the new phones will be in on Monday, but as we all know, they are not. He did say that my friend could switch to a S7 or S7E, and can switch back to Note 7 only if it is done before September 30.

I was told several times yesterday as long as I started the swap by Sept 30th I would be ok should they not be in by than. I asked over and over because I will be out of the country for 10 at the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.