Status
Not open for further replies.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I wish someone would just come out and say what is holding this up. Someone has to know something are the new units in the US yet? is the CPSC holding them up? just someone let us know what is going on.

vickewhite

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I also am having trouble with Verizon. I went onto Verizon chat because I have a broken ankle so can't get to Verizon to exchange my Note 7. The stores I have checked don't have the S7Edge available, which is the only phone that I would half-way want as a replacement. And it's impossible to reach the actual stores by telephone to see who has it in stock. I'm a real estate broker who needs a phone at all times). The chat person on the Verizon site finally hung up on me (discontinued the chat) when I asked for direct dial lines into the stores for my area. I've been a Verizon customer for years but I'm ready to switch. When I bought my Note 7 I fully paid off my S6Edge, a phone I loved, and would have only gotten rid of that for the Note 7. Now I wish I had my S6Edge back. When I made that purchase, Verizon didn't apply the credit for the S6Edge that I paid off and turned in, instead paying it off again by charging my Verizon account (even though I paid it off with a credit card). My Verizon bill still says I owe over $397.00 although I've tried to sort this out with them before the Note disaster. I'm literally hobbled and stuck with a phone that I love (the Note 7), but which I feel pressure to give up (but don't want to), and my hands are kind of tied here. No help from Verizon.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I was told several times yesterday as long as I started the swap by Sept 30th I would be ok should they not be in by than. I asked over and over because I will be out of the country for 10 at the end of the month.
I am under the impression that the time frame is in the hands of Samsung and it doesn't matter if the 2nd part of the swap is later than the 30th. The original deal will still be valid. U get a new note7, the accessory u got for your loaner (25.00 credit) will be exchanged for another 25.00 accessory. (Credit) and all free gifts u have received are yours to keep (GearVR and/or sd card)

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty sure I'm am done with the note7. Don't get me wrong I loved that phone didnt have a bit of trouble with it and it's the reason I switched out my paid for perfect s6e. It's been an ordeal that's for sure. The more I use this s7e the more I love it. I had never had a note so it's not like I had used an spen enough to miss it...thinking I'll just wait for the new thing next yr AFTER I've trolled the forums to make sure it works ...it's the 2nd flag ship I've pre ordered and the second hassle too. Anyone remember the rotation trouble on the s6e when they came out? It didn't work until a patch was sent to "fix" it. Never again will I be a guinea pig on the next new thing.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I am under the impression that the time frame is in the hands of Samsung and it doesn't matter if the 2nd part of the swap is later than the 30th. The original deal will still be valid. U get a new note7, the accessory u got for your loaner (25.00 credit) will be exchanged for another 25.00 accessory. (Credit) and all free gifts u have received are yours to keep (GearVR and/or sd card)

I just needed to make sure that if the new NOTE 7's don't arrive until I am gone ( Sept 28th- Oct 8th ) that I would not be stuck with the S7E

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So where does it say they aren't doing exchanges? Doesn't say anything about a loaner device either. You can do a refund, exchange for a different device all together, get a loaner device or keep what you have at your own risk. Simply call Verizon and they will tell you.

It doesn't say they aren't doing exchanges, It says they are doing exchanges, just doesn't mention anything about double exchanges. My store only offered me a refund or an exchange. All stores and the CSRs on the phone really need to get on the same page.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
a9c2720062296404a62a51ee51aa91d7.jpg

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't say they aren't doing exchanges, It says they are doing exchanges, just doesn't mention anything about double exchanges. My store only offered me a refund or an exchange. All stores and the CSRs on the phone really need to get on the same page.

Maybe I am reading this wrong

AnnouncementIn response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now, as part of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I am reading this wrong

AnnouncementIn response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now, as part of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

I guess my Verizon store isn't one of the select carrier or retail outlets. I always buy online to avoid the store and this most recent encounter has reminded me why!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

From what I was told, a mass email went out concerning the double swap. If your store isn't doing it, then call Verizon while you are in the store - they will set them straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy