Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Just called Verizon and played dumb. The woman said I could go into Verizon store and turn in my N7 and get a phone to replace it. Then on the 30th bring that one back for a new note 7. Or I could hold on to my N7 and bring it in on the 30th to swap it out for a new N7. Has anyone else got that line?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I honestly feel the replacements will be ready before the end of the month. If I didn't have my old Note 5, I may have done that.

Nothing wrong with that Note 5! Now that the government has their beaters in the mix, no telling when Sammy gets the nod to start shipping.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yet another grain of salt. This is my chat with Samsung about two days ago (before initiating the return thru VZW):

You are now chatting with 'Sri V'. The reference number for this chat is 4326523828.
Sri V: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
Sri V: Hope we are still connected, please respond so that I can confirm our connection and take care of your concern.
Sandra: I would like to know if you have any time estimate that our Note 7's will be replaced. Not with a different device, but with a new Note 7.
Sri V: Hi, Sandra.
Sri V: I will be glad to assist you with the required information.
Sri V: We apologize for the inconvinence. I shoud inform you that, keeping the customers safety as the first priority the new Note7 devices are going under examintion by CPSC(U.S consumer product safety commission), where they are testing the quality of the phone. After that quality examination by CPSC, the new Note7 will be exchanged.
Sandra: Thank you, I am aware that they are awaiting CPSC approval. However, I would like to know if there is any time estimate as to when that process will be completed, and we will be able to exchange our devices.
Sri V: You're very welcome.
Sri V: I wish, I could help you out with the exact date, but we are really eagerly waiting for CPSC approval.
Sandra: LOL, I imagine you are as well!
Sri V: Thank you for understanding, Sandra.
Sandra: I hesitate to return my device for a substitute since the Verizon corporate stores vary so widely in their procedure for offering loaner devices, as well as the guarantee that they will be able to be traded back in for a new Note 7.
Sri V: I really do understand your concern, Sandra.
Sri V: Please get the loaner phones and we will definitely replace the phone for sure from our end.
Sandra: Thank you for that information!
Sri V: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Sandra: No thank you. I appreciate your help!
Sri V: Thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support, we appreciate your business. If you ever need to contact us in the future, please save and reference this chat transcript ID 4326523828. Please provide us with your feedback, so we may serve you better by clicking on the blue “X” button to receive the transcript of your chat and fill out a brief survey. Have a great day!
Sandra: Have a great day :)
Sri V: You're very welcome.
Sri V: Bye, take care.
Sri V: You too, Sandra.
Chat session has been terminated by the Samsung Agent.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just called Verizon and played dumb. The woman said I could go into Verizon store and turn in my N7 and get a phone to replace it. Then on the 30th bring that one back for a new note 7. Or I could hold on to my N7 and bring it in on the 30th to swap it out for a new N7. Has anyone else got that line?

Exactly. You can swap for a loaner device. Once the new and improved Note 7's arrive, you can return the loaner for the 7.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Have any of you Version guys emailed the actual corpotate office to voice the concern about this giant blunder of a mess , seems all the different store personal is a waste of time

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Nothing wrong with that Note 5! Now that the government has their beaters in the mix, no telling when Sammy gets the nod to start shipping.

If the CPSC wasn't involved, we'd probably have our new phones next week. I like my Note 5 except for the battery life.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you Version guys emailed the actual corpotate office to voice the concern about this giant blunder of a mess , seems all the different store personal is a waste of time
I emailed the one of the communication managers directly asking for clarification on the S7 double exchange, and didn't even get so much as an automated reply. That was yesterday morning when I sent it and pure silence.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...about/bio/george-koroneos.html&token=aWf4U225

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
If the CPSC wasn't involved, we'd probably have our new phones next week. I like my Note 5 except for the battery life.

If the CPSC wasn't involved we would have had our replacement phones last week, and evidenced by the people at Best Buy who went in to get replacement phones (some of which were successful in their exchanges) before Best Buy and the CPSC knew what each other were doing.

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I also am having trouble with Verizon. I went onto Verizon chat because I have a broken ankle so can't get to Verizon to exchange my Note 7. The stores I have checked don't have the S7Edge available, which is the only phone that I would half-way want as a replacement. And it's impossible to reach the actual stores by telephone to see who has it in stock. I'm a real estate broker who needs a phone at all times). The chat person on the Verizon site finally hung up on me (discontinued the chat) when I asked for direct dial lines into the stores for my area. I've been a Verizon customer for years but I'm ready to switch. When I bought my Note 7 I fully paid off my S6Edge, a phone I loved, and would have only gotten rid of that for the Note 7. Now I wish I had my S6Edge back. When I made that purchase, Verizon didn't apply the credit for the S6Edge that I paid off and turned in, instead paying it off again by charging my Verizon account (even though I paid it off with a credit card). My Verizon bill still says I owe over $397.00 although I've tried to sort this out with them before the Note disaster. I'm literally hobbled and stuck with a phone that I love (the Note 7), but which I feel pressure to give up (but don't want to), and my hands are kind of tied here. No help from Verizon.

I advise you, and everyone else who is having difficulty getting their Note 7 exchanged locally, to call VZW customer service and have them do it for you. You can pick whichever temporary phone you wish, and you will get in the mail in 2 days (signature required upon delivery).
After so many wasted trips to local corporate stores and so many hours wasted complaining about the stores on chat, I was finally able to end my drama with 20 minutes on the phone today.
I was charged the sales tax on the S7 Edge exchange phone, but was also credited the tax I paid on the Note 7 (I was on 2 year pmt plan). When the new N7s come out, I just have to call them back and reverse the process. Double switch through VZW customer service is real (at least through my experience).

Last edited:

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Called VZW Support today. They said if the CPSC doesn't come through fast enough for everyone to meet the 9/30 deadline Verizon would simply extend it. I don't think that was "Official", but they would HAVE TO, RIGHT?

Peace. Alan

vickewhite

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
That's good advice. But does that mean you are without a phone for two days? Or will they let you return the N7 after you receive the replacement phone. Online chat said this is not possible. B4 they disconnected our chat.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Called and spoke to the manager at local VZW store this afternoon. She was very helpful and said they still expected replacements this week. She took my name, number and color preference and said she would call me. Now I'm just waiting.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Called and spoke to the manager at local VZW store this afternoon. She was very helpful and said they still expected replacements this week. She took my name, number and color preference and said she would call me. Now I'm just waiting.
I wouldn't doubt if they did get replacements in but giving them out is a whole other matter.... Without the OK from the government, the phone will just sit in the back room

Status
Not open for further replies.