Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDXNW

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Let us know how it goes. You're lucky your Verizon store was helpful. My wife took hers back and the guy helping her tried to convince her to keep it since only such small percentage were catching fire... Can you believe it? I felt like saying something to the manager but didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Called and spoke to the manager at local VZW store this afternoon. She was very helpful and said they still expected replacements this week. She took my name, number and color preference and said she would call me. Now I'm just waiting.
Getting a few more stories like this from different stores and managers and employee soo will see I guess.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm really, really glad that I stepped off this ship. I loved the Note 7, I still love the Note 7, but this while thing was just getting out of hand.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Im over this whole situation. Planned on returning mine today for a loaner and then returning loaner for new n7 when they come in. Was told I could do this multiple times. Other times I'm told I can't. I didn't even bother wasting my time going into the store. Just taking my chances with this phone until new n7 are released for sale.

dadsterflip

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm really, really glad that I stepped off this ship. I loved the Note 7, I still love the Note 7, but this while thing was just getting out of hand.
Don't really think its getting out of hand. I think its just us forum dwellers making our own self more impatient about the whole deal and making it more then what it is. Yes those fires happened but alleged so did other phones and even an iPhone during mid flight caught fire. Don't defending anybody just saying.

But news anyways and take it with a grain of salt and pepper. Hearing a lot of buzz about Verizon getting it on the 19th. I am guessing if it does happened. Friday cpsc calls it official and replacement comes that Monday. Just my guess.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Don't really think its getting out of hand. I think its just us forum dwellers making our own self more impatient about the whole deal and making it more then what it is. Yes those fires happened but alleged so did other phones and even an iPhone during mid flight caught fire. Don't defending anybody just saying.

But news anyways and take it with a grain of salt and pepper. Hearing a lot of buzz about Verizon getting it on the 19th. I am guessing if it does happened. Friday cpsc calls it official and replacement comes that Monday. Just my guess.

I read the 19th earlier this week as well so I think it may happen. I am not gonna go to iPhone or return the phone, especially if it is working fine as we speak. The phone wasn't even on Verizon's website last week but now it's there. I am assuming, not presuming, they have it in stock, just not yet to be released!

Mkj3322

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon randomly decided to give me a 1 month early upgrade on my phone without even telling me so now I can't wait for the phone to come back out.

Posted via the Android Central App

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Looks like I will be turning my note 7 in tomorrow. Talked with legal at the company I work for and no matter what Verizon told me about waiting till the replacements come out I will be liable due to negligence if anything happens till then. So I am going towards doing the nuclear option and totally cancel my account and move on. With all the B.S. I have gotten from Verizon there is nothing left but animosity where there was once some form of trust.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they are sending me the S7 and I will send them my Note 7 after I get it.
Same here. I am getting the Note 5 (which I had before the N7, but giving mine to my husband) delivered Friday. They told me I had 5 days to send the Note 7 back. They said send the phone only.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
If it all works out, I am glad I got the s7e before they started the j stuff. I wish I kept the stuff in the box, but would be furious if I was stuck using something that cheap. My son has the core prime that I used for a few days when my lgg4 fried. I kept going, where is this... wow the phone doesn't have a dimmer... these pics feel like a flip phone camera.

I know many things aren't finalised yet and depending on where we go or what we do we may get a different answer each time. I will document and fight my way up to CEO if I don't get the n7 when this is said and done. But I am sure it won't come to that.

I still don't think the stores have the phones. At least I haven't read any reports of any source having them. My wife is getting the last iPhone and it's being held by FedEx. At one point the time line showed it being delivered on the 13th because it left on a 1 day delivery. It's now listed as being held in TN or something. If the phone were being held like that or at the endpoint, with all of us and the media and everyone else interested looking into it, I am sure it would have slipped. So I believe they have not been shipped yet.

I also wonder how much the shipping company (Hanjin) being held up in bankruptcy court has to do with any part of this. Parts or unit shipping.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Dang a lot of people switching over to other phones!

More power to them. Some are scared, some are tired of waiting and some are just too dang impatient. I ain't going anywhere. If they can't be patient then they don't need the phone. What kills me are the ones that repeatedly say oh I'm leaving or I'm jumping ship if I don't hear something by this day, but yet they still hanging on to the note 7. They should just leave and go to another phone cause I'm sure some of us are tired of hearing the same people whining over and over. I ain't trying to start anything but people just need to be patient. It's a phone. Not the end of the world. I'm sure samsung will get the approval soon. Have a good night.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
More power to them. Some are scared, some are tired of waiting and some are just too dang impatient. I ain't going anywhere. If they can't be patient then they don't need the phone. What kills me are the ones that repeatedly say oh I'm leaving or I'm jumping ship if I don't hear something by this day, but yet they still hanging on to the note 7. They should just leave and go to another phone cause I'm sure some of us are tired of hearing the same people whining over and over. I ain't trying to start anything but people just need to be patient. It's a phone. Not the end of the world. I'm sure samsung will get the approval soon. Have a good night.

Believe me when they said "explosion" started, I was a little frightened but the fact that Sammy is doing what it needs to do to rectify the situation and my phone hasn't blown off(and NO it won't blow as long as I have my tablet to sync with for phone calls), I am gonna stick with it all the way until I decided to upgrade or whatever. Let's hang in there people!

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Believe me when they said "explosion" started, I was a little frightened but the fact that Sammy is doing what it needs to do to rectify the situation and my phone hasn't blown off(and NO it won't blow as long as I have my tablet to sync with for phone calls), I am gonna stick with it all the way until I decided to upgrade or whatever. Let's hang in there people!

Lol yes I was a little spooked too but I have faith in samsung and I believe they will do right by us after all we are keeping them I business. Without us there no samsung lol. Same for any phone maker. I understand the people that want to leave because they are having a hard time with the carriers not knowing the right info, telling them to just hang to the phone, not giving some a loaner but some getting loaners etc. But that more of the carrier fault than samsung. I bet samsung sent the carriers the right info and the people that work at these carriers ain't communicating with each other. Now if the ones planning on waiting til replacement come will just let samsung do it right and get the new note 7 approved everyone will be happy. I rather wait and have a good safe phone than for samsumg to rush and have a crappy replacement.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well I bit the bullet and went with my wife to exchange her Note 7 at the corporate store. To their credit, they have usually treated us well, and they all were at least on the same page about allowing a double exchange for any phone in stock, including the S7 Edge. That was about the only up side...

I wasn't watching the actual exchange process, but was watching the kids while my wife went through it. All I know is they told her it was activated and ready to go. We went to run another errand and later noticed the S7 Edge wasn't activated and was stuck. By this time the store was closed, so going back wasn't an option. Long story short, I was escalated to Tier 2 support on the phone, where they determined the new SIM card they gave her had a cancelled status. Basically the equivalent of having a black listed IMEI from what I can gather, and she couldn't override it. So one of us gets to go back to the store tomorrow for a new SIM card.

I tried to swap it with the SIM in my Droid Mini backup because they're the same size, but even that's a no go because her line is currently in limbo. Going into our account, it currently shows no device is active on her line to change around.

So after all that work trying to figure out how the exchanges would be handled, I'm blindsided by something else unrelated. And I still have no written confirmation that the double exchange will be valid when the new Notes come in. DX

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I went into my local verizon store earlier today to do the double exchange. I stopped by yesterday and asked them if they were doing them and they said no problem. To their credit, they did do the exchange to an s7e without much fuss but I heard from them more than a few times about how it's such a small percentage of phones that have caught fire. Said Samsung rushed the N7 to beat the iPhone to market and that's why there's problems. They definitely would have preferred me to just keep the phone and leave. Tried to tell me that it shouldn't be long at all til the fixed N7's are ready. I just told them to swap it because I've heard way too many conflicting things about when it will be ready.

I got the impression that they were really bitter with Samsung and that they have had a lot of people coming in doing phone swaps (15 a day they said) and are getting a little tired of doing them. They have no computer system setup for the double exchange so they have to use a workaround. I'm not on their side, they're the retailer and it comes with the territory. Just makes the consumer feel uncomfortable, I'm not looking forward to going back in there. Although it sounds like I had a relatively easy time with it compared to others on here.

Side note, I'm not liking the s7e at all after having the note, the screen seems small. I also asked them about the 25 dollar credit and they said it comes directly from Samsung and not them.

I tried to send in for the s7e promo Gear VR but I'm not sure if I'll get it, I had about 8 different receipts and the receipt with the phone purchase happens to not have my name on it.

At least I'm mostly confident that the store will honor what they said and I'll get the new N7 when it's ready.

Stillmorningrise

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how credible this Verizon Employee was. Went to our locate corporate store in Phoenix to do the temporary phone swap. They were out of s7e phones, so I just said we'll wait for the replacements note 7s to come instead.

The employee told me that the replacement phones will be available Friday the 23rd. They were supposed to be available this Friday the 16th, but the iPhone launch is delaying that. He said that Verizon would be too swamped with new iPhones and Note 7 exchanges. He also said we will get a text from Verizon as soon as the fixed note 7s are available.

Who knows though...

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I tried to send in for the s7e promo Gear VR but I'm not sure if I'll get it, I had about 8 different receipts and the receipt with the phone purchase happens to not have my name on it.

Your name does not need to be on the receipt... The receipt is for them to verify the qualifying device was purchased and the date falls within the promo time line..

Mines was approved Tuesday and no name was on my receipt either...

Status
Not open for further replies.