Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
yes just box up the phone just like you received it. ask for a refund not a swap. be ready to go to a couple of different stores if need be. when aske why the screen is cracked say when you picked it up from charging it was so hot you could not hold it and it fell.

That's hilarious and brilliant!

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone exchanged a damaged Note 7 successfully? Was waiting to return mine until I bought a replacement, but failed one day short - have a broken front glass panel now.

Can I still return it? Exchange it for a different phone? Only exchange it for a Note 7? My plan had been to Grab an iPhone 7, but was going to buy from Apple and then just return the Note 7. Would this still be possible?
I did....dropped mine at a Phillies game the night before my return. 2 corners smashed and the back of the phone looked like a spider web....they still gave me a S7E loaner

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
In an attempt to block a OTA update from samsung i cam across the app Pacakge disabler Pro.
I love this app. I was able to disable most of the crap bloatware with this phone and my battery life has really expanded and the phone is now as cool as a cucumber. I recommend people look into it and it was worth the 1.99

I will return my phone when a replacement is available. But the hype about this whole thing is just that. It starts with journalists that heavily lean towards IOS and iphone. They hyped the story and also reported inaccurate information ( brooklyn story).

If the phone was that dangerous we would hear of more reports. Likely more have died traveling to and from there Verizon stores to return the devices in car accidents.

The phone is awesome in looks , I will return it once there is a equal fixed one for me to pick up.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 owners were told over a week ago to "switch off to another phone". There is nothing at all new in that article.

I am definitely sure if you had read my previous comment, which I am thinking you amongst others didn't read, I was replying to the person that said cut the crap out for wishing and hoping something happens next week. Just like some rant and say God knows what, I am allowed to hope aren't I? Unless there's an issue with that too!

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If it's not in writing, either as a publicly available statement or manually noted on your account, then those people only have themselves to blame for believing unofficial accounts over official policies if the stores start preventing the S7 double exchange.

I wish those people the best of luck, but I've tried multiple times through various methods to get the S7 double exchange verified from an official channel at Verizon before I go into the store in case the store doesn't want to play nice. From what I'm seeing, they are under no obligation to honor the S7 double exchange outside the 14 day window and it looks to be store level decisions that are even offering it as an option. As has been mentioned earlier, two people can have vastly different experiences even at the same store. I was hoping to stack the deck in my favor ahead of time.
I've learned some important lessons over the years regarding the phone stores.

First, they only care about the people who are purchasing new phones and/or accessories. Everyone else is just a distraction from that.

Second, if it isn't in writing pertaining to you, or your account specifically don't plan on the store honoring commitments. They flat out do not care.

This is what happens you have a monopoly.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will believe it when I see it. I already swapped mine out for a different brand with the promise that when the new Note 7 comes out, I can swap back. I guess I will see.

One thing I noticed is how spoiled I got with Samsung doing so much for me. I miss the stylus and some of the apps.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.