Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I spoke to my local store (corporate) they told me it will be most likely be first come first serve but that he hadn't heard anything yet and the Samsung rep had just been there around 3 today. He then told me that we would all know before them just like the "temporary" devices. But ended with saying I should just go there on the 21st

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I ordered direct from Verizon online so hopefully I can walk into any Corporate store for the exchange.

My original Note 7 was ordered online I was able to walk into the Canton Ohio store and do the exchange there.
That wasn't a problem at all once they got on the same page.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I spoke to my local store (corporate) they told me it will be most likely be first come first serve but that he hadn't heard anything yet and the Samsung rep had just been there around 3 today. He then told me that we would all know before them just like the "temporary" devices. But ended with saying I should just go there on the 21st

Must we have the box to replacement?

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
So I got a refund on mine last Sunday at a corporate store, but I had the IMEI number and checked and it was one of the affected ones. Called Verizon and was told that 1) yes I should be able to get one as part of the replacement thing, 2) they were not available to order or preorder or whatever yet for anyone, and their info was to check back late on Monday but should be in by end of next week. She had all my info and took down the color I had, and how I had paid etc and was very nice, though she agreed no one still had a firm date. But looking more hopeful. I was all set to convince mself to get a Note 5, but if I can get this one back I am so on it.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The rep I talked to said they weren't able to call a local store--she was in North Carolina, I am in California--and that she hadn't heard that any of the stores were having lists of people who should get them. But she also said it was a new story and might change. Which is why she told me to call back Monday and see if they could either preorder it for me or contact a local store. I have my doubts Verizon will be that organized though I have to say that I have had nothing but friendly nice people to deal with, all of them fairly confused and uninformed, but that isn't really their fault. The guy at the store I got the refund from was super nice and helpful but of course knew no more than anyone else. Samsung may have done right with the recall but their organization and information skills were sorely lacking.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Must we have the box to replacement?

I think it is different from location to location
The Canton , Ohio store demanded the box for my Note 7

I heard them also tell 2 others that came in while I was there they need the original box etc both had cracked screens and they were told they were not returnable.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it is different from location to location
The Canton , Ohio store demanded the box for my Note 7

I heard them also tell 2 others that came in while I was there they need the original box etc both had cracked screens and they were told they were not returnable.
Official government recall now. So all that shouldn't matter anymore.....

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit I was using the Note 7 until 30 minutes ago despite having the Note 5 in my desk. However this formal announcement and IMEI checker telling me I am affected was the final straw. Back on the Note 5 until next week when I can exchange it. Pretty hard dose of reality that I cannot ignore. I thought I was not affected. But knowing I am changes things.
Not sure why this is a surprise...

The numbers always supported that the US most likely received most or all of the bad batteries.

SDI accounted for 70% of the initial batch before they found the issue. That's 1.75M.

It was noted that China didn't have the problem (now they are saying 1858 were affected).

Assuming China and US accounted for largest distribution - it's safe to say that China received 500-750k initial shipment.

Which means it was highly likely *everyone* else had a bad battery.

When CSPC officially stated a week ago to shut down and stop using the phone - that all but confirmed that a majority of the US (now known to be approximately 970k) received the bad batteries.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
They can't preorder it yet. Error, Not Available is what the rep I was talking to read off when she tried to preorder the replacement for me. But I would try anyway, you never know.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I didnt get a text but that is most likely because i swapped for a temp phone waiting for them to come back out. I only got the email from Samsung. I cant wait to go back in and swap back for my N7. I hate the S7E

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got this
I got the email from Samsung at 6:32 pm, the text from Verizon at 7:05 pm, and the stinkin' Note 5 loaner from UPS at 3:35 pm! Grrrr, I don't want to activate it because they'll never receive my N7 before the new ones are in.

If I don't mail it back, and wait till next week, and just bring the N5 (brand new in the box) and my Note 7 to the corporate store who tried to do the exchange for me (they didn't have a 64GB N5, only 32GB), do you think I'll sort circuit them, lol?? I have to say they were very nice, very informed. I just don't know if I can do what I want, account wise.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just hope they don't ban the note 7.1 from planes, hopefully the green battery indicator works for clarification... Not that I fly a lot, but we have a Disney vacation planned and I don't know how I could go without my phone, I guess I might have to dust off my old digital camera in case

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
They can't preorder it yet. Error, Not Available is what the rep I was talking to read off when she tried to preorder the replacement for me. But I would try anyway, you never know.

I will see what happens tomorrow too..If it's possible to do so, I will BUT what about returning the old one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae