Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you look up the order number on verizonwireless.com to see what it is? Last time that happened to me, it was a SIM card that I didn't order. LOL

Angus66

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I had zero issues too... Until I did.

Same here.

I've had zero issues with my N7 until today when it simply turned off even though I had 50% battery left.

I plugged it in with the stock cable & charger and nothing happened.

I was beginning to think the phone had simply died, but after about 10 minutes it finally displayed a zero % battery message and then started charging.

I was going to just wait until new fixed N7s were available and just do a swap, but I'm not taking any chances - back it goes...

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm surprised at how quickly the CPSC approved and issued the recall... I was expecting to go around with a fire hazard for at least a couple months...
I know it's early yet, but does anyone know for us that preordered online at launch date, will we get a new phone shipped out automatically, or do we have to deal with the VZW store retards, I mean reps?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised at how quickly the CPSC approved and issued the recall... I was expecting to go around with a fire hazard for at least a couple months...
I know it's early yet, but does anyone know for us that preordered online at launch date, will we get a new phone shipped out automatically, or do we have to deal with the VZW store retards, I mean reps?
I tried phone and two chat reps. So far, no luck. The last one said that customer service would start handling online exchanges tomorrow morning. I know, I know, just another "this rep said" story, but I will be calling in the morning to see.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I posed the question of how people were planning to backup and restore their Notes in another thread. Most said they planned to use Samsung Cloud to backup and restore. Its hidden by Verizon (because they want you to use the Verizon Cloud), but you can find and access it with the QuickShortcut maker on the Playstore.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...w-do-you-plan-backup-restore.html#post5395809
After you backup you can do a factory reset (not a good idea if you have the European CPU as people with that were experiencing a boot loop when they tried to factory reset). If you're paranoid you could then preform another factory reset on the just factory reset device and that would double wipe the device. Samsung didn't tell people to take off security before turning in their devices, so if you've got it locked down with your iris or fingerprint and don't wipe the device you should still be pretty secure in not having people able to access what was on your device. If you've got a memory card in your phone make sure to take that out too, before you turn it in.

Still can't find it using QuickShortCut Maker

Is it listed as Access Cloud ?

Last edited:

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this has been reported, but this afternoon I received an email from Samsung. They stated that consumer agency approved replacement Note 7's would be available to all retailers in the US no later than September 21st. This pretty much coincides with what I was told last Sunday by Verizon. They said that Verizon would have them on the 16th.
This must be my Samsung day. I also received another Samsung email that my
Fit bit 2 small was shipped. I received approval on August 25th.
Yeah to both!

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
You guys realize that everyone who bought the phone received the same exact text & email, saying the EXACT same thing right?

Just curious why everyone is posting screenshots as if they're the only ones who received it.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You guys realize that everyone who bought the phone received the same exact text & email, saying the EXACT same thing right?

Just curious why everyone is posting screenshots as if they're the only ones who received it.
Because everyone is desperate for info. When any shred of info comes out people share it to try and help. Since Verizon communications have been scattered, inconsistent, and contradictory, posting screen shots is a very logical move. Yes, it seems like we're all getting it now so people can stop posting it going forward.

SaladMaster

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Under gestures in NOVA settings is another option called "Activities" in gestures area .click on that & scroll down to Samsung backup & restore and select the top one...although i think any will work for starting a backup..then after u get new phone reinstall nova & make a gesture shortcut for the restore option one..should work flawlessely as long as you're signed into your samsung account in accounts.

ladybrown35

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
So a telephone rep at VZW just told me that no matter what phone I switched to during the recall. I still would have the option of getting a Note 7 replacement once they were available until September 30. He said I would not pay a restocking fee for the loaner phone and if they gave me any trouble at the store call them to get it straightened out. He claims they have internal notice to allow anyone who purchased a Note 7 to get another and I'm worried that the retail stores won't honor this at all.

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Yes, some are posting they got a Verizon message saying their orders are shipping.
So far here, I've only see ONE person report this order message, and it could've just been a fluke on VZ's systems. But lets hope for the people that bought online, it would be as painless as receiving a new Note7 in the mail, and return the defective one.

PorkPistol

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So far here, I've only see ONE person report this order message, and it could've just been a fluke on VZ's systems. But lets hope for the people that bought online, it would be as painless as receiving a new Note7 in the mail, and return the defective one.
I bought online but I'm going into the store to return and exchange. I don't see how it makes any difference.

How do you even return online? I don't see an option on my account anywhere.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That's "my" situation and that's what I've been told repeatedly by VZW reps on the phone. BTW I make it a point to call in to them every other day.

Peace. Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463