Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

haganjeff

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with Verizon customer service rep last night. He said he processed my replacement for shipping and I needed to call customer service to verify address and security questions. Everything is ready to go.

I called customer service this morning and there is no record of this on my account. They have no way to start the process of shipping me a replacement at this time . I can either go to a store on the 21st or call them back on the 21st.

I was on hold for quite a long time, which was to be expected with the iPhone release combined with the recall. But still an unsatisfactory waste of my time to be told two different things.

I just got off the phone with Verizon after several unsuccessful attempts to connect.Get this, my snotty representative had no idea about the latest statement that phones would be available by the 21st. I told her that Verizon and Samsung both emailed and texted. After a ridiculous wait she came back and said, "yeah, they should be available on the 21st". I asked if she could order me a replacement and I could send my old one back. She said I would have to go to the store. I pushed her on that since I ordered online the first go around and she abruptly told me to call back on the 21st. I told her other carriers were mailing the replacements out and she replied abruptly again to call back on the 21st. Verizon has lost a lot of my respect and confidence during this process. If I could find the Executive Customer Service email, I would let them know about my experience!

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung announcement states "No later than September 21". More than likely Verizon will wait until the 21st. As for VZW customer service, the phone rep I spoke to was willing to switch me to a different model phone, but spent more time trying to "save me money" by getting me to switch to the New Verizon Plan. She had no idea about the recall or availability of new Note7 phones. Verizon is extra slow at communicating protocol to their CSRs.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
VZW CSR on the phone definitely clueless. Kept telling me not 'til Sept 30th... I advised him 'bout my email from Samsung that they said NO LATER SEPT 21ST. He kept insisting Sept 30th. Such a buffoon...

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I am reading this wrong

AnnouncementIn response to our recent announcement regarding battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7, we are advising that you power down your Note7 and exchange it now, as part of our U.S. Product Exchange Program for all Galaxy Note7 owners. We strongly advise all customers to use this exchange program because your safety is our top priority. Additional sales and shipments of the affected devices have been stopped, but if you already have a Galaxy Note7, we strongly advise that you replace it.

Through the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program, you can:

1.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (pending CPSC approval). Select carrier and retail outlets will provide customers, who prefer a replacement Note7, an exchange for a Samsung J Series or equivalent device to use until CPSC-approved Note7s are available.

2.Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

We know this exchange is an inconvenience, so you will also receive a $25 gift card, in-store credit or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when participating in the U.S. Note7 Exchange Program.

I agree. Nowhere does it even come close to saying they will double swap.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Only 130,000 Note 7's returned

Government Recall Issued for Samsung Note7 Over Battery Fire Hazard - ABC News

I was told at the Canton, Ohio store that NO REPORTS OF EXPLODING NOTE 7's in the USA
I told the manager I believe he was wrong or not up to date on the matter but this says it all

"According to the CPSC, "Samsung has received 92 reports of the batteries overheating in the U.S., including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage."

You know if Samsung dropped the ball on this release , Verizon sure didn't help by kicking it all around.

PS: If you was the ABC video you , did you catch the part where they say there have been reports of other Galaxy phones besides the Note 7's doing the same.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Don't really think its getting out of hand. I think its just us forum dwellers making our own self more impatient about the whole deal and making it more then what it is. Yes those fires happened but alleged so did other phones and even an iPhone during mid flight caught fire. Don't defending anybody just saying.

But news anyways and take it with a grain of salt and pepper. Hearing a lot of buzz about Verizon getting it on the 19th. I am guessing if it does happened. Friday cpsc calls it official and replacement comes that Monday. Just my guess.

ABSOLUTELY. Just wait. It is what it is and reiterating the same carp over and over here is part of the problem.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Any clarification on what online customers are supposed to do?

I had an on line chat last night with Verizon. I had the same question they said i could go in the store and exchange if i wanted. I told them i preferred to have the phone shipped to me and he said i could do that and they made a note (no pun intended) on my file to email me when i can place the order. Now i do take with a grain of salt that i will get that email, but that is the second time i was told i could have the replacement phone shipped to me.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You guys realize that everyone who bought the phone received the same exact text & email, saying the EXACT same thing right?

Just curious why everyone is posting screenshots as if they're the only ones who received it.

Correct. That is part of the problem. A good portion of this thread thread is people repeating the same stuff over and over.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
And two reps told me to just go to the store where I returned mine last Sunday. I would love to get it online, the way I did the first time, but so far nothing on that. One did tell me today that the iphone was taking up all their attention today, and maybe call back early Sunday to check.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't see that ithe said ON 9-21 from the Verizon message. The email from Samsung said on or before. I got my message and read it a little better. I guess Wednesday it is.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
And two reps told me to just go to the store where I returned mine last Sunday. I would love to get it online, the way I did the first time, but so far nothing on that. One did tell me today that the iphone was taking up all their attention today, and maybe call back early Sunday to check.

You can have it shipped to you, you will need to arrange that through a phone call or an on line chat though.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You can have it shipped to you, you will need to arrange that through a phone call or an on line chat though.

Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I previously swapped my Note 7 for an S7 - I called Verizon today and they indicated that they'd be calling me when the Note 7's are available and that they'd mail me one to swap out for the S7. I take that with a grain-of-salt. I'll call by the 21st if I haven't heard anything.

On a side note, Verizon customer service is virtually impossible to get hold of - the over-excited iPhone people must be jamming the lines.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website

maybe download a new browser and try it on there (for the chat option). i plan on having mine shipped to me, one downside of having it shipped is you will not get it until several days after 9/21

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
maybe download a new browser and try it on there (for the chat option). i plan on having mine shipped to me, one downside of having it shipped is you will not get it until several days after 9/21

Thanks I'll try that. And yeah I'm fine waiting a few extra days for the new note 7 to come in since i still have my note 5 on another line. I just don't want to stand in line at the store and find out they don't have my color. But hopefully if I did have to go to store they will have mine shipped to my house if they don't have blue. Lol yes i refuse to leave my blue😁

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
What I'm not understanding is how the stores will know how many they need. It's not like every store will have a pallet of mixed colors just waiting to see if anybody shows up. They tend to run their inventories pretty tight, from what I've seen.

Anybody heard how this is supposed to work? Do we need to get on a list at our nearest store?

(Been in the back rooms of numerous cell phone stores, and they're not the cavernous, ending-of-Indiana Jones-movie style warehouses a lot of people are picturing)

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
What I'm not understanding is how the stores will know how many they need. It's not like every store will have a pallet of mixed colors just waiting to see if anybody shows up. They tend to run their inventories pretty tight, from what I've seen.

Anybody heard how this is supposed to work? Do we need to get on a list at our nearest store?

(Been in the back rooms of numerous cell phone stores, and they're not the cavernous, ending-of-Indiana Jones-movie style warehouses a lot of people are picturing)

Be there early and keep your fingers crossed. Yes they will run out and some folks (if not most for the popular colors) well go on a wait list. It will all be sorted out though and you will have your replacement soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01