Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
What I'm not understanding is how the stores will know how many they need. It's not like every store will have a pallet of mixed colors just waiting to see if anybody shows up. They tend to run their inventories pretty tight, from what I've seen.

Anybody heard how this is supposed to work? Do we need to get on a list at our nearest store?

(Been in the back rooms of numerous cell phone stores, and they're not the cavernous, ending-of-Indiana Jones-movie style warehouses a lot of people are picturing)

My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and while on the way out showed me their list. They have several lists...First list is by order to call (by who exchanged phones), and by color (again by who exchanged phones). Their reasoning is that those are the people that listened. So, if my store only gets what they need to do the double-swap, the others are SOL till next shipment.

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue. My daughter is #4 overall, and #3 for silver.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and while on the way out showed me their list. They have several lists...First list is by order to call (by who exchanged phones), and by color (again by who exchanged phones). Their reasoning is that those are the people that listened. So, if my store only gets what they need to do the double-swap, the others are SOL till next shipment.

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue

i totally thought you were going to say "My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and there is in fact an Indiana Jones style warehouse back there"

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
What if they arrive before the 21st, though? Stop by the store today, pick out a likely representative, and let them know that 'my friend Andrew Jackson here and I would appreciate a text when you get the replacement N7s in'? :D

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I'm #3 overall, #1 for Coral Blue. My daughter is #4 overall, and #3 for silver.

It it your thinking that you can't change the color ?
Not that I want too just wondering

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Guy I talked to last night told me even tho I preordered it they wouldn't ship it to me unless store didn't have my color. I so would like to do the chat option but that never pops up anymore when i go to their website
As soon as the next page settles down SELECT CONTACT US at the top of page to the right.
Next page SELECT CHAT close to the top, all the way to the left. - I just double-checked for you.

Peace. Alan

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
What if they arrive before the 21st, though? Stop by the store today, pick out a likely representative, and let them know that 'my friend Andrew Jackson here and I would appreciate a text when you get the replacement N7s in'? :D
and then add my friend George to be the next person he calls :-$

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
If what WyDave says is true, I guess all of us still using our note7s are on the naughty list. Gonna get a lump of coal in our x-Mas stockings...

Maybe I should go in now and get an S7e for a few days... it might be fun to have a different phone for the weekend, and it would get me back on Big Red's (Santa's) list of good little boys and girls.

Seems kind of unfair to the store at this point to make them waste a new S7e they can't sell as new anymore, but I'd hate to think I'm being punished for my unwillingness to comply (pick up that can, citizen!).

Whaddya think? Good plan?

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with a refund after having bought the phone with a 2 year contract?
I really love the Note 7 and want to stay with it, but travel frequently and am not willing to forgo phone use in the air regardless of how much I like a particular brand. Therefore I am seriously considering a full refund, and just go back to my old Note until next year.

My question is, will I still be locked to the 2 year contract agreement I signed when purchasing the Note 7 even if I return it? Thanks to anyone who has experience with this.

Daniel Padilla

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have experience with a refund after having bought the phone with a 2 year contract?
I really love the Note 7 and want to stay with it, but travel frequently and am not willing to forgo phone use in the air regardless of how much I like a particular brand. Therefore I am seriously considering a full refund, and just go back to my old Note until next year.

My question is, will I still be locked to the 2 year contract agreement I signed when purchasing the Note 7 even if I return it? Thanks to anyone who has experience with this.

I refunded and they backed out the 2 year agreement. It took a day to update in their system.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It's usually pretty fast - you just have to allow time for their system to update.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If what WyDave says is true, I guess all of us still using our note7s are on the naughty list. Gonna get a lump of coal in our x-Mas stockings...

Maybe I should go in now and get an S7e for a few days... it might be fun to have a different phone for the weekend, and it would get me back on Big Red's (Santa's) list of good little boys and girls.

Seems kind of unfair to the store at this point to make them waste a new S7e they can't sell as new anymore, but I'd hate to think I'm being punished for my unwillingness to comply (pick up that can, citizen!).

That is how my store is doing it. I wonder if it also plays into consideration that the less time we have the loaners, the less they may have to spend to fix them for replacement/used/certified.

He also said, that they are making people file insurance claims to fix phones if they are damaged. Kind of like a car, you can't TRASH the car then say "but it's under recall". They sent out BAD phones, not broken phones.

This mainly goes for a few people, that have said "I'm keeping my Note till I can get the new one, then a day goes by and now they want to return it cause they broke it. It's like wanting your cake and eat it to type thing.

Hopefully ya'll can pick out my thinking from what I've actually talked to "my rep" about.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Lol once again I feel the need to share that. A lot of people listened but the carriers did not. 2 times I went to my Verizon store 2 times I was told to just keep my phones until replacements came. Even after I showed him the email from Verizon and the one from samsung. He still said keep your phone until replacements are in. So no I doubt every store is going to turn people away because "they didn't listen". Andy rep was wrong phones aren't in today. Glad I didn't hang from his words. Or id be falling hard haha

Schlubbe

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
That is how my store is doing it. I wonder if it also plays into consideration that the less time we have the loaners, the less they may have to spend to fix them for replacement/used/certified.

He also said, that they are making people file insurance claims to fix phones if they are damaged. Kind of like a car, you can't TRASH the car then say "but it's under recall". They sent out BAD phones, not broken phones.

This mainly goes for a few people, that have said "I'm keeping my Note till I can get the new one, then a day goes by and now they want to return it cause they broke it. It's like wanting your cake and eat it to type thing.

Hopefully ya'll can pick out my thinking from what I've actually talked to "my rep" about.

Interesting - mine is pristine and has been working perfectly, and I work from home so it's pretty rare that my note7 endangers others besides my wife and I, so I had just figured to hang on to it until I could swap it easily.

Reading your posts seems to me it might be to my advantage to double-swap. I have the time to mess around with it, and test driving a loaner for a few days is right up my alley (shuttle cars for a local Chevy dealer sometimes).

Backing up the N7 to pc right now - guess I'll take the box with me and stop by the corporate store this afternoon to see what they think...

budven

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Lol once again I feel the need to share that. A lot of people listened but the carriers did not. 2 times I went to my Verizon store 2 times I was told to just keep my phones until replacements came. Even after I showed him the email from Verizon and the one from samsung. He still said keep your phone until replacements are in. So no I doubt every store is going to turn people away because "they didn't listen". Andy rep was wrong phones aren't in today. Glad I didn't hang from his words. Or id be falling hard haha

Just like you I called once and my wife and I went into the store are were told to just hold onto our phones until replacements are available. I don't want to be pushed to the end of the line but my phone has been fine and no overheating so I will continue to be patient.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Exchange it, then try to claim the current S7 promotion of either the gear VR or 256 GB SD card. I'm waiting on approval for my submission, but I know some on here got it approved.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
i totally thought you were going to say "My rep let me use the restroom in the back, and there is in fact an Indiana Jones style warehouse back there"

My rep let me use the bathroom once. They had a 30 day supply of emergency rations in the bathroom....and an Area 51 sized warehouse in the back ala Indiana Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma