Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Will they ship it out on Monday so we have it on the 21st?
I would rather have them ship me one than the Verizon counter monkey putting his greasy mitts all over my new phone. :-\

Think I'll give them a call and see what they say.

I am hoping they have option to ship because once upon a time, they shipped your new phone to you and have you return the phone with certain amount of time.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On hold with Verizon 800#
As soon as I put in my phone number there was a recording about Note 7's being available in store for exchange on the 21st.
I guess there are too many Apple heads clogging up the lines right now. :-\

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
As soon as I put in my phone number there was a recording about Note 7's being available in store for exchange on the 21st.

That's great thing. Right now they are taking care of that iPhone folks lol

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

No doubt. I called at 8:01 this morning and it was already saying wait times are longer than normal lol. After 10min I just hung up.

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon told me yesterday to just show up on 9/21. There will be no advanced program for exchanges.. First come first serve.. Willy nilly. Not impressed

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Verizon told me yesterday to just show up on 9/21. There will be no advanced program for exchanges.. First come first serve.. Willy nilly. Not impressed

I just spoke with a rep online. He told me the phones will be there on the 21st according to samsung.He said samsung said they "should" have enough shipped to each store but they never know how many people will come in on the first day. He suggested that I call first thing in the morning when they open and have them put the phone aside for you if you cant make it there first thing. He told me that is what he will be doing with his replacement.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I just spoke with a rep online. He told me the phones will be there on the 21st according to samsung.He said samsung said they "should" have enough shipped to each store but they never know how many people will come in on the first day. He suggested that I call first thing in the morning when they open and have them put the phone aside for you if you cant make it there first thing. He told me that is what he will be doing with his replacement.

I still can't get the chat windows to come up in my browsers. That's my primary source of contact with Verizon because they can tell when I'm irritated or upset on the phone. I like to be as surprised as they are when my fingers decide they're the brains in this operation.

unpilot

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Walked into a store In Indiana with a Note 7 with a cracked screen. Walked out with a S7 Edge in like 15 minutes.

Sent off for the 256gig promotion gift.

Hopefully it get's approved before I swap out for a new Note 7.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get the chat window either.

On phone with customer care now... was just informed that I would have to do the exchange in store (corporate only) to avoid paying taxes, restocking etc... lol

She is checking now to see if there is a work around for that, beong as I'm well over an hour from the nearest store. I also asked if I would need the box, and if I can switch colors...

Can't wait to hear what load of b.s. I get next :D

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so the official answer was that yes, I can have a replacement shipped to me, but can't order till weds, and yes, I can choose a new color, and no, I will not need to return the box, or accessories.

She also noted that my bill was due today, and that I would need to pay that before they would process anything for me... lol.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt get the chat window either.

On phone with customer care now... was just informed that I would have to do the exchange in store (corporate only) to avoid paying taxes, restocking etc... lol

Can't wait to hear what load of b.s. I get next :D

Restock fee is over written by the manager
The sales tax is refunded on the phone you are returning then you are charged again for the new Note 7.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Restock fee is over written by the manager
The sales tax is refunded on the phone you are returning then you are charged again for the new Note 7.

Yeah, she came back and said it would be as simple as them mailing me a new one, and me mailing the old one back.. no charges etc...

But... thats only cuz of how far from a corporate store I am... the original statement was to go to a store. Which I may end up doing, I have to go into town at the end of next week for something unrelated, so might just stop at the store to see all 3 colors next to each other to make a decision.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, she came back and said it would be as simple as them mailing me a new one, and me mailing the old one back.. no charges etc...

But... thats only cuz of how far from a corporate store I am... the original statement was to go to a store. Which I may end up doing, I have to go into town at the end of next week for something unrelated, so might just stop at the store to see all 3 colors next to each other to make a decision.

My post wasn't very clear, sorry about that.

My dealing was the exchange of my Note 7 for the loaner S7E being completely different and this is why the sale tax switch was done.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I still can't get the chat windows to come up in my browsers. That's my primary source of contact with Verizon because they can tell when I'm irritated or upset on the phone. I like to be as surprised as they are when my fingers decide they're the brains in this operation.
As soon as the next page settles down SELECT CONTACT US at the top of page to the right.
Next page SELECT CHAT close to the top, all the way to the left. - I just double-checked for you.

Peace. Alan

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
As soon as the next page settles down SELECT CONTACT US at the top of page to the right.
Next page SELECT CHAT close to the top, all the way to the left. - I just double-checked for you.

Peace. Alan

I did this, and was greeted by autochat (bot) which gave me a list of faq's... then, I finally got a message saying my bill was past due (due today) and to please call to process Payment, and for help...

What geys me, yeah, my bill is due, amd fully plan on paying it, but how can they deny me an exchange on a device that was recalled for safety issues, just cuz my bill is due today? Even on weds, if I still havent paid?

I was gonna pay my bill today, but now I kinda wanna wait to see how this plays out. VZW could be opening themselves up to all kinds of legal issues if this is truly their stance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam