Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I chatted with the same casey rep on my end and she was a total ding bat like most of them.

Yeah, she was difficult. She didn't know what she was talking about at first and kept saying I could go in store for a refund. I had to reiterate several times that I didn't want a refund, I wanted a replacement on the 21st and she said she had to go check on it. Not even sure if she knew there would be replacements on the 21st before our chat.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
You won't have any issues except for one thing:
1: a LOT of people waiting for a clerk to make eye contact and say, "Can I help you". There will be no established obvious queue for people to wait in line because chairs and stools are scattered all over the store and nobody's gonna want to stand while waiting, ergo no defined queue. And there won't be any "Take-A-Number" system. Just chairs, stools and standing.

Peace. Alan

I am going to make sure I get there early enough since I backed all my stuff on my drive and cloud.

lookingforwardfromhere

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I kept everything. But even if I would have returned the accessories, I still would have kept the headphones. Headphones can't be reused or salvaged, for sanitary reasons.
That's exactly what I said about headphones but the store I bought/returned my devices to was giving me a hard time that I didn't have the black plastic case they came in!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i guess i have been lucky, i have done 3 online chats with verizon and each one was very helpful. here is the transcript with the latest one.

DATE/TIME: 2016-09-16 18:32:38

Chat Transcript

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE - All replies are automatically deleted.

You : Wanted to ask about the note 7

Verizon : Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless Chat Team regarding your device. How can we help you today?

LEONARDO : Hello, I'll be glad to assist you with this information on the Note 7, who do I have the pleasure of chatting with?

You : Frank

You : I have one of the ones that was recalled

You : I am using a 5s right now and not the note 7

You : Wanted to know when I can have a replacement shipped to me

LEONARDO : Nice to meet you Frank, thanks for contacting us about this issue, I know how frustrating it has been. I have one myself and I am glad to inform you that on Wednesday the 21st the new Note 7 will become available and you will be able to do the exchange.

You : I ordered my note 7 online can I have the replacement shipped to me instead of going to a store

LEONARDO : You sure can, I would recommend a store only because it would be much faster, getting it on the same day, but of course we can do the replacement through a the phone so you can get shipped.

You : That would workout well for me

LEONARDO : Awesome, we are here to help and specially want to get this situation resolved according to your convenience. I will have your account fully documented.

You : Great so I should call on the 21st

LEONARDO : Yes, please do, I will have the account ready for you. There more information on this situation on his link: Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I know it sounds petty, but I would really like to keep all the accessories (phone charger, extra pointers, earphones). Do you think they will let us keep them?

Pretty simple... I gave the ear buds to my, he don't live with me, tossed the box 2 days after I got the phone... I can produce the cord if needed, but if I have to spend 4 hours driving to do so, heads will roll...

More simple answer... keep ya stuff... it be a'ight

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Pretty simple... I gave the ear buds to my, he don't live with me, tossed the box 2 days after I got the phone... I can produce the cord if needed, but if I have to spend 4 hours driving to do so, heads will roll...

More simple answer... keep ya stuff... it be a'ight

Even better, I tossed the box away because I didn't think I would need it to return a defective phone.never have I had a defective phone until now, hence me not keeping the box!

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
When I talked to the rep, she told me they would just exchange the phone and keep the new accessories if I did not bring the old ones with me =( But said the 21st is the date they will have them.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I kept everything. But even if I would have returned the accessories, I still would have kept the headphones. Headphones can't be reused or salvaged, for sanitary reasons.

I was told that if you don't have the headphones, chargers and other accessories not to worry, they will pull the accessories from the new and add them to the returned phone

bbqdroid

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I just received an S7 Edge "exchange" yesterday, after having ordered it through customer service from verizon.com. There was no information in the box regarding how to get my recalled Note 7 back to them, so I chatted with them today.
I asked how I should package it and where I should mail it, but was told just to take it in to my nearest Corp VZW store. So, I did.
Or, at least I tried to.

The manager of that store told me that they are not allowed to ship their bad Note 7s, due to "recent NTSB rulings". He looked at my account and confirmed that it had been 'returned' in their system, and that I owed $0 on it. He went on to say that I could just keep it, as there wasn't any way to get it back to Verizon/Samsung.

My spidey senses kicked in, and I called shennanigans. I will call Verizon tomorrow or Monday to get it sorted out, but each and every step of this journey has been filled with conflicting and inaccurate information from Big Red.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I just received an S7 Edge "exchange" yesterday, after having ordered it through customer service from verizon.com. There was no information in the box regarding how to get my recalled Note 7 back to them, so I chatted with them today.
I asked how I should package it and where I should mail it, but was told just to take it in to my nearest Corp VZW store. So, I did.
Or, at least I tried to.

The manager of that store told me that they are not allowed to ship their bad Note 7s, due to "recent NTSB rulings". He looked at my account and confirmed that it had been 'returned' in their system, and that I owed $0 on it. He went on to say that I could just keep it, as there wasn't any way to get it back to Verizon/Samsung.

My spidey senses kicked in, and I called shennanigans. I will call Verizon tomorrow or Monday to get it sorted out, but each and every step of this journey has been filled with conflicting and inaccurate information from Big Red.
Hopefully you received written proof that you turned it in...

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... vzw dissent doesn't want any liability from dealing with these things... fair enough. But I can assure u Samsung will want it back, if for no reason other than it's a liability to them

hondatech39

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone had any luck with getting Verizon to ship a new note 7 replacement?I was told that they have to put a order in to ship and because there system shows they won't be available till the 21st.They can not put that threw till then.I had ordered mine originally online threw Verizon and shipped to me.I wanted to do that again so i can transfer everything myself.I am also working on the 21st and won't have time to stop in a store.Figured with there 2 day shipping it would be to me by Friday and i could wait till then.I really don't want to deal with the people in the store.Why i am i reading that other carriers already giving customers theirs.Like Sprint.

mrocha85

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Or, at least I tried to.

When we went in to exchange our N7's for some S7E, there was an issue with my wife's phone and they wanted her to mail it in. We were still able to get her a loaner S7E and they were going to send us a box to ship back her note 7. It's been since Tuesday and I haven't seen a box arrive yet. I'll see if it actually shows up. The lady at the store told me they have the back full of note 7's they can't ship back bc FedEx doesn't want to handle them.

redsman55

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I dropped back to my Note 3 developer edition (custom ROM and custom kernel). I'm not really worried. I'll just hang in until there is stock. Considered trying to calling a Verizon rep to see if I could do the ship to me/ship back dance, but I had the local store put a screen protector on. The manager was very helpful and said he would take care of replacing the protector. The phones will be there.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Went into one of the corporate stores today to see what they had to say and if they had a procedure in place. They just said to come in Wednesday and swap the phone. I then asked if I should bring the original box and accessories. They told me no, just keep it. Samsung doesn't want any of that. And they (Verizon) doesn't want to deal with disposing of it. The guy told me if anyone is making customers return everything, they are most likely keeping the box and accessories for themselves to sell on ebay.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
It's going to get pretty interesting if a Verizon employee tells me he cant exchange my recalled device because I dont have the charger and headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol