Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirahna

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
How would the manager or a rep know that you have a SD card in the device, unless you told them... Now if you told them, then that's a different story. Although it's still your job to confirm everything was done that you requested, regardless of being rushed.

His sim card would have been removed and transferred to the new phone. It's impossible to not see the SD card when removing his card. That SD card is now living in some Verizon reps phone or listed on eBay by now.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from the closest VZW corp store to me (an hour away). I just happened to be in town and thought I'd pop in. Wow. I was blown away by the kindness and professionalism shown me by no less than six store reps. From holding the door open as I approached the store to explaining their daily inventory delivery windows. They didn't have the new N7s in yet but expect them any day. They asked for my number and said they would call me as soon as they are in and hold one for me if I so desire. Additionally one gal gave me her private cell to call and check inventory whenever I want.

Just thought I would share my positive experience as VZW reps have been taking beating around here lately. I'm still going to call VZW tomorrow and see if they will do the exchange by mailing me the replacement.

This has to be a one in a million experience. When are you getting the defender in?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
His sim card would have been removed and transferred to the new phone. It's impossible to not see the SD card when removing his card. That SD card is now living in some Verizon reps phone or listed on eBay by now.

All new Verizon phones come with a new sim card already installed.
They never swap sims unless it's something you are asking for.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
When I exchanged for the loaner, the new sim that was already pre-installed was activated... My sim tray on the n7 was never touched

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Your SD card should've never made it to the store to begin with... It's your responsibility to remove any and all personal items from the phone.

You are 100% Correct
I never gave it a thought when they did the transfer etc. BTW they did that via SmartSwitch but said they couldn't do it via the cable they did it via WiFi
I told the rep it would take a while she said it would be done under an hour. She was way wrong. I left and came back after 90 minutes and it was only at 31% I left again
when I came back is when all hell broke loose.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
This has to be a one in a million experience. When are you getting the defender in?

Well it is a small town in Texas... ;)

Defender coming in Friday via FedEx. Sure do love my Symmetry as well but I do a lot of hiking and start/ride horses so extra protection is a must for me on occasion. Options! :)

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
All new Verizon phones come with a new sim card already installed.
They never swap sims unless it's something you are asking for.

If they come already installed I can switch that one with my current one to keep my number right? I hate having to switch numbers. Cause the new ones are blank technically right? Or with a new number? Yes i suck at this lol

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well it is a small town in Texas... ;)

Defender coming in Friday via FedEx. Sure do love my Symmetry as well but I do a lot of hiking and start/ride horses so extra protection is a must for me on occasion. Options! :)
Did you order the black defender , I ordered a different color and they only show stock on black on the otterbox sight ,I ordered thur amazon $35

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
If they come already installed I can switch that one with my current one to keep my number right? I hate having to switch numbers. Cause the new ones are blank technically right? Or with a new number? Yes i suck at this lol

No, your original number will switch over to the new phone/sim card as soon as they make the exchange.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
You are 100% Correct
I never gave it a thought when they did the transfer etc. BTW they did that via SmartSwitch but said they couldn't do it via the cable they did it via WiFi
I told the rep it would take a while she said it would be done under an hour. She was way wrong. I left and came back after 90 minutes and it was only at 31% I left again
when I came back is when all hell broke loose.

It's 4 days later, did you call them and ask about your card?

hondatech39

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
just called my local corporate Verizon store.Asked if they had any note 7 replacements in yet.If they will have them on the 21st.the guy said he didn't have any and not sure when.Said to just keep calling back to check.Said Verizon will send out a text probably to let people know there in stock.I asked about having it shipped and he didn't think that was possible.Asked if there was a list so they know who is getting one.If there will be enough in stock to go around.Definalty didn't sound to reassuring.Communication is not there for something like a recall that has become a problem all over the news.So sad.I don't really have time for phone tag during the week while i am working.Guess i will just call at the end of the week and hope for the best.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
You are right, it's there. I only setup my phones as new devices so I won't be needing it.

Is Samsung Cloud hidden anywhere on the Verizon Note 7?
Yes and No, it is, but Verizon Blocks it. You CAN get access to it, however, see this THREAD.
EDIT> It's what's called an Activity (among many on the phone) You need the Quick Shortcut app to create a "shortcut" for that Activity. Don't place it on your home Page though, it's said that's the App Drawer - the shortcut will keep getting deleted. Put the shortcut on your 2nd Home page.

Peace. Alan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.