Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So I have this beautiful black Note7 and the government, the manufacturer and the carrier say I should exchange it right away with a new one. The problem is.....Nobody has a new one to replace it with!!!!!!

booboo103

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
So I have this beautiful black Note7 and the government, the manufacturer and the carrier say I should exchange it right away with a new one. The problem is.....Nobody has a new one to replace it with!!!!!!

I called 2 local corporate stores (south eastern Massachusetts) and both reps who answered were either actually clueless or can't say they have the new phones.... this is frustrating, why can't they give a solid answer!

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I called 2 local corporate stores (south eastern Massachusetts) and both reps who answered were either actually clueless or can't say they have the new phones.... this is frustrating, why can't they give a solid answer!

This is the million dollar question!!!!!! I emailed corporate on Friday and received no response! Nobody seems to know for sure when the phones will be available.

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I can verify that same is going with the Little Rock metro Verizon stores...no one knows anything. Guess they'll get there when they get there but it means I'll call every other day or so.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can verify that same is going with the Little Rock metro Verizon stores...no one knows anything. Guess they'll get there when they get there but it means I'll call every other day or so.

Yes! And you would think that a communications company would be somewhat good at communicating, but Verizon has shown me that they actually excel in Lack of Communication!

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
How about this? Why don't we all just chill and wait till 6am Wednesday September 21 morning for these phones to be in the store..only then can and will we start getting 😡 😡 😡. Just relax people and sip some wine or something

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
There is no comm in comm lol. The website says available the 21st so id assume they will have it on the 21st

I like that.

Still, I think it could be considered an IMPOSSIBLE historical logistical feat for every store to receive shipments of new Note 7 (for Exchange) through the day tomorrow so that they have them by opening time on Wednesday.

"I" believe that many stores already have them, but have been told not to release them until the last few stores get their shipments. AND I think THAT'S why we catch attitudes at the stores because they just don't know how to lye to us, it pains them, they can't look us in the eye, but they've been told by Management NOT to tell us the truth that they have their Note 7(s) sitting in the back already.

Just my 2 cents :p

Peace. Alan

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I honestly don't like bashing Verizon or any other company for that matter. I have been with Verizon since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile and in the 20 years, I have had mostly good things to say about them. Sure, they pissed me off a few times but for the most part it turned out well in the end. This situation, however, is different. I understand that this is a Samsung issue, but Verizon is the carrier and retailer. I don't want any special favors or anything crazy. I just want communication and Verizon has not been communicating. Every time I logged onto my Verizon Wireless account, I was greeted by an ad to pre-order the Note7. I finally did pre-order it and received it on 8/19. I was told 2 weeks later to shut it down and since then, I have received countless warnings to exchange it, but no idea when or how to do that. The stores were giving me different information than the phone reps and nobody responded to my emails. I took the advice of the salesman from my last visit to the store and kept my Note7 and just waited and waited. I don't mind waiting, but where is the communication? After almost 3 weeks, I would think Verizon would have a plan. Can they mail me a new phone? I don't know. Will it be available on the 21st? I don't know. Do I need to return the box? I don't know. Will there be enough for everyone? I don't know. After reading these forums, it is obvious that Verizon has no plan and who knows what will happen on 8/21. Hopefully, I can have one shipped to me to set up as I please. In my 20 years of being a Verizon/Bell Atlantic customer, This is the absolute worst I have seen as far as customer service!

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I like that.

Still, I think it could be considered an IMPOSSIBLE historical logistical feat for every store to receive shipments of new Note 7 (for Exchange) through the day tomorrow so that they have them by opening time on Wednesday.

"I" believe that many stores already have them, but have been told not to release them until the last few stores get their shipments. AND I think THAT'S why we catch attitudes at the stores because they just don't know how to lye to us, it pains them, they can't look us in the eye, but they've been told by Management NOT to tell us the truth that they have their Note 7(s) sitting in the back already.

Just my 2 cents :p

Peace. Alan

I believe that is what happened too

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Stopped in the Dover, DE corporate VZW store this afternoon and the greeter told me they don;'t have any new Note 7 devices yet, but they expect them Wednesday (9/21)...he noted "...that's what I heard..." so wasn't all that convincing. We'll see....that's not my local store anyway, was just passing through and figured I'd ask.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Stopped in the Dover, DE corporate VZW store this afternoon and the greeter told me they don;'t have any new Note 7 devices yet, but they expect them Wednesday (9/21)...he noted "...that's what I heard..." so wasn't all that convincing. We'll see....that's not my local store anyway, was just passing through and figured I'd ask.
Hey there neighbor. I'm east of Denton, southeast of Greensboro just on the MD side of the line. Harrington is my DE town.

Peace. Alan

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I agree I do not think they are getting them all tomorrow or anything. Is it possible? Absolutely. Its just not very probable. Id like to think though they wouldnt have put on their website its available as of that date if it wasnt nearly correct. Now with that being said, if I go first thing Wednesday morning and they do not have them and have no clue still. I will not be happy to say the least.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I agree I do not think they are getting them all tomorrow or anything. Is it possible? Absolutely. Its just not very probable. Id like to think though they wouldnt have put on their website its available as of that date if it wasnt nearly correct. Now with that being said, if I go first thing Wednesday morning and they do not have them and have no clue still. I will not be happy to say the least.
ROTFL !!!!!!!! I'm 68 and I walk fine but can't just stand around for long periods of time. I plan on being 1 hour early Wednesday and I'm taking a 5 gallon bucket to flip over and sit on by the door. :p

Peace. Alan
I may not be first in line, but I'll be close to it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.