Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I like that.

Still, I think it could be considered an IMPOSSIBLE historical logistical feat for every store to receive shipments of new Note 7 (for Exchange) through the day tomorrow so that they have them by opening time on Wednesday.

"I" believe that many stores already have them, but have been told not to release them until the last few stores get their shipments. AND I think THAT'S why we catch attitudes at the stores because they just don't know how to lye to us, it pains them, they can't look us in the eye, but they've been told by Management NOT to tell us the truth that they have their Note 7(s) sitting in the back already.

Just my 2 cents

Peace. Alan
Verizon reps know how to lie to their customers.

NotAnAppleGuy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I honestly think each carrier is doing their own thing and it's BS no matter what carrier you are on. Sprint for instance is already selling the phone and has them in stock. I know this because I tried to replace my phone earlier today and some computer "glitch" wouldn't allow the swap. Though the two customers in front of me purchased the phone outright.

Cool, no problem. I call CS as directed. The lady tells me that NONE of the Sprint stores have the phone in stock yet. My retort is "what about the two customers I watched purchase two silver ones?" She had no answer. She then goes on to say that the phone WON'T be in stores till the 21st although I LITERALLY saw two sales of the phone.

Add to that SAMSUNG says the phone won't be ready till the 28th?? So Sprint stores are selling the phone but it is VERY hard to get it swapped out, Sprint is saying the phone won't be available till the 21st, SAMSUNG is saying the phone won't be available till the 28th and Verizon knows nothing at all? Am I taking crazy pills?!??!

Last edited:

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
On the website it's is listed again, but out of stock. What really burns me is that I can't call either of the stores here. They don't answer, it rolls over to customer service or customer sales, the automated thing, whichever it is. I get a perfectly nice rep eventually who says she is in arizona or north carolina or san diego, and quite reasonably has no idea what the stores here have. Just infuriatilng. This has been such a frustrating experience because no one will tell us anything and everyone I talk to at Verizon says something different. I know, I know, everyone has said this, but I just really needed to vent.

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
On the website it's is listed again, but out of stock. What really burns me is that I can't call either of the stores here. They don't answer, it rolls over to customer service or customer sales, the automated thing, whichever it is. I get a perfectly nice rep eventually who says she is in arizona or north carolina or san diego, and quite reasonably has no idea what the stores here have. Just infuriatilng. This has been such a frustrating experience because no one will tell us anything and everyone I talk to at Verizon says something different. I know, I know, everyone has said this, but I just really needed to vent.

That is what I get from the stores here so I walked in to one of them and they acted like they had never heard about this recall or the replacement phones.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Look you have to understand Verizon speak and how they do things. First Samsung said the phones would be in most retail stores no later than September 21. Verizon reads that as no matter when we get the phone to our stores we don't have to release them until the 21st because that is when Samsung said they would be released.
Remember Verizon keeps saying one thing but always does the opposite. So when they say they take care of their customers they mean......

supreme8124

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
New to forum, following thread for a while. I'm like the rest of you, I'm getting more and more pissed at Verizon for their horrible communication. Also Samsung for this new phone, with all these bells and whistles, and the lag that it has. I can't get through my head why iPhone crap is faster, smoother. No I'm not and will never own an iPhone. I'm actually stuck deciding to stay with note7 or Pixel phone from Google. I also have dropped more calls with samsung phone than I did with my Nexus 6. I do like the note 7, maybe when Nougat comes to note 7, it will be better. I can't decide.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
The reason why I don't believe stores will be crowded on Wednesday if the phones come in is based on the math. Verizon has well over 100,000,000 subscribers and less than 1 in 300 customers bought a Note7. if .0034 percent of Verizon's subscribers had a Note7 that would be almost 500,000 Verizon Note7s out of less than 1,000,000 sold in the US. Verizon has over 2300 locations throughout the US so assuming everyone showed up the on the 21st, which they won't, that equals a little over 200 phones per location on average. This may also explain why so many agents don't know much about the phone. It makes up such a tiny proportion of VZW sales.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Called a store this morn near me in Salem OR and it had a message as I called in that stated if you're calling regarding the Note 7 replacements, they will be available Wed Sept 21st in stores for those who previously purchased them in store and online. I called it just now to see if it was still giving that same message and if so I was going to post the # here so you all could see/hear what it was saying, but it did not. The rep when answered said they should be getting them by Wed and to come in when they open-I said I doubt you'll be getting them in that morning-which means you have them now or will be getting them tonight/tomorrow so you can have them by the date Samsung/Verizon has quoted. I said it in a joking fashion(wasn't being a jerk)-he said(in similar fashion) sounds good sir. ;)

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
The reason why I don't believe stores will be crowded on Wednesday if the phones come in is based on the math. Verizon has well over 100,000,000 subscribers and less than 1 in 300 customers bought a Note7. if .0034 percent of Verizon's subscribers had a Note7 that would be almost 500,000 Verizon Note7s out of less than 1,000,000 sold in the US. Verizon has over 2300 locations throughout the US so assuming everyone showed up the on the 21st, which they won't, that equals a little over 200 phones per location on average. This may also explain why so many agents don't know much about the phone. It makes up such a tiny proportion of VZW sales.

Oh my bravo..deep math! Do you think people been at work will also mean non crowded?

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Called a store this morn near me in Salem OR and it had a message as I called in that stated if you're calling regarding the Note 7 replacements, they will be available Wed Sept 21st in stores for those who previously purchased them in store and online. I called it just now to see if it was still giving that same message and if so I was going to post the # here so you all could see/hear what it was saying, but it did not. The rep when answered said they should be getting them by Wed and to come in when they open-I said I doubt you'll be getting them in that morning-which means you have them now or will be getting them tonight/tomorrow so you can have them by the date Samsung/Verizon has quoted. I said it in a joking fashion(wasn't being a jerk)-he said(in similar fashion) sounds good sir. ;)

Lol he just confirmed what you said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie