Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I just went through the whole checkout process just to see the delivery info. You can order a brand new one and get it delivered by 10:30 or pickup in store both on the 21st. They must have gotten in a ton of them to be able to exchange and sell... Or, they are being Verizon!
Either they got a ton of them or they don't expect many new purchases besides the people who got refunds from the first N7..
I predict that only exchanges and repurchases will show.... I don't think new buyers will touch this phone until the mainstream news is positive about the fixed battery.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I've been giving Verizon a very hard time on Twitter this morning haha. Even went as far as to tell them that holding the note 7s in their stock rooms until deadline won't help their iPhone sells lol

I called this morning and was told, yes i could place an order for a new one online, but no the replacement devices have not been released yet.

So much fun.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
that make it sound like a new one will be different fro the replacement devices .

or that the system, just wont them do the exchange. which is funny because hasnt it been said that we would be taken care of before new orders were filled? Seems like the only thing verizon cares about is signing up new people. Which is consistant.

I just dont see the harm in telling the truth. This is a wireless media company. Where is the AOL journalist report with consistent and comprehensive info? Why can't, or won't, they just provide the correct information. We know the phones are not any different then the others being sold. If Best Buy has Verizon phones for sale and exchange, then shouldn't Verizon? I would think they sell a bit more of them. Best buy doesn't have 2 stock numbers for phones, "This is the exchange pile and this is the new purchase pile".

I ultimately would not care if everyone else was about to get the phone before verizon. If verizon would only have the correct info about any of this at any point in time. If they would have said The phone were going to be ready on the 25th or Dear Note 7 owner, we are sorry that we will be unable to exchange your phone until the 25th because of a refunding system issue please understand we are working hard to make sure this processes does not further complicate any issues.

Again I am not looking to verizon to bend over backwards to satiate me. But I would hope they has there fecal matter together enough to have a plan and stick to it. Other companies do and that includes Samsung.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I do not think so (i could be wrong), i just think they are stubborn and will not process any replacement devices until the 21st.

I called Verizon this morning and was able to place the order and they even let me choice overnight shipping. So supposedly I'll receive my "new" Note 7 tomorrow by 10:30 am. I was charged taxes but after the order was processed they credited my account the amount of the taxes so it seems I'm all good. (We'll see tomorrow morning)

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I called Verizon this morning and was able to place the order and they even let me choice overnight shipping. So supposedly I'll receive my "new" Note 7 tomorrow by 10:30 am. I was charged taxes but after the order was processed they credited my account the amount of the taxes so it seems I'm all good. (We'll see tomorrow morning)

Is that a replacement one?

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Is that a replacement one?

Yes, it is a replacement for the one I pre-ordered and received 08/19/16. It is also worth mentioning that when I asked the CSR about shipping back the old device, as far as what they needed back, (original box, accessories, etc...) she said that they only needed the phone back and the accessories were mine to keep. Which kind of make me wonder if they're shipping this out like they would a refurbished replacement or is it going to be in the retail packaging. Hmmmm?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It is annoying that Verizon has not let those who do not want to go to the store to get a replacement phone order in advance. I want my replacement sent to me so that I can use my recall phone to customize the new one. What is so hard to take recall orders a day or two before the phone is released.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes, it is a replacement for the one I pre-ordered and received 08/19/16. It is also worth mentioning that when I asked the CSR about shipping back the old device, as far as what they needed back, (original box, accessories, etc...) she said that they only needed the phone back and the accessories were mine to keep. Which kind of make me wonder if they're shipping this out like they would a refurbished replacement or is it going to be in the retail packaging. Hmmmm?

See the above two replies from me. You can totally order it today.

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
The rep I spoke with this morning said you can order online because they have to ship it to you so you wont get it til the 21st anyway. I asked why are they selling new devices if we still need to be taken care of and she said because they have plenty of phones to do both. They have never had an issue with running out of Samsung devices like they do with Apple.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

I called again and was able to talk to a very nice lady, who very nicely said that she can not help me until tomorrow :(. She did commit to calling me in the morning (she said i will be her first call) to assist me with ordering the replacement. Bless her heart.

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I called this morning and was told, yes i could place an order for a new one online, but no the replacement devices have not been released yet.

So much fun.

Wait a minute. Replacements have to wait till the "release date" of 9/21, but new purchases can be done now when Samsung has said they will be available 9/28 for sale. Way to go Verizon!!! Thanks for screwing over loyal Samsung customers again.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I called again and was able to talk to a very nice lady, who very nicely said that she can not help me until tomorrow :(. She did commit to calling me in the morning (she said i will be her first call) to assist me with ordering the replacement. Bless her heart.

That's strange, though it seems in keeping on par with the how VZW's customer service responses have been lately, all over the place. I guess I'll just wait and see if I get a device tomorrow morning or not.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Wait a minute. Replacements have to wait till the "release date" of 9/21, but new purchases can be done now when Samsung has said they will be available 9/28 for sale. Way to go Verizon!!! Thanks for screwing over loyal Samsung customers again.

At least one person on this thread was able to get their replacement note 7 on order today, i am going to try again in a few minutes and hope that third time is charm.

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

9/28 ?

byrds8

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Where does it say Samsung said the 28th? On their website it says: "Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC available no later than September 21, 2016."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12