Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Just called and they just kept saying all exchanges have to be done in the corporate store. I even ordered it directly over the phone with Verizon but they did not care. Getting annoying they can't get their stories straight.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Just called my store & they confirmed they have notes in stock today. I didn't specify over the phone that I was trying to get a replacement, I simply asked if they had notes. So I'll be heading there in a few. I'll report back, hopefully with good news.

trusigma

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Did they also charge you the whole purchase price again or only the taxes?
How will you return the original one?

Just the taxes..60.48.
I have to return old phone with packaging, but i am going to try in store first, get my credit back faster.
She also allowed me to use my 25 dollar credit towards an accessory i wanted.
I chose online due to not wanting to go in store and deal with color issues . I wanted to keep my coral blue

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just called my store & they confirmed they have notes in stock today. I didn't specify over the phone that I was trying to get a replacement, I simply asked if they had notes. So I'll be heading there in a few. I'll report back, hopefully with good news.

Cool, please put up some box pictures showing the little square or whatever Verizon decides to put on their boxes. What state are you in?

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
It is annoying that Verizon has not let those who do not want to go to the store to get a replacement phone order in advance. I want my replacement sent to me so that I can use my recall phone to customize the new one. What is so hard to take recall orders a day or two before the phone is released.

SERIOUSLY! This is infuriating, frankly. The whole situation. And how much you wanna bet Verizon is sticking to that 21st date because, as someone else posted, Samsung is too busy loading custom ROMs which effectively gimp our version (in addition to adding bloatware).

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Just called my Verizon store. All I get is voice prompts, no matter what button I push..... Going to make trip there at lunch to see what's up

fargas0822

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Called my store in Wilmington, DE. Guy said they were told tomorrow and that is all he knows. They had none on hand at 10 am this morning. Guess I'll try tomorrow

rnb8408

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm on phone with them again...So far NO luck. On hold. I told her it makes no sense why one person can get a replacement and another person "absolutely can't do it, it isn't possible".

She did say they don't want you calling the store to ask about it, just show up tomorrow.

ETA: I told her my store said they had no idea when they were getting phones...She said they are showing in stock. Go figure.

nicemann2

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
:-\ :-\ I was nice enough to hide the name of the person at Verizon I chatted with. I mean come on. Telling me the new batch of Note 7s are not released.

VERIZON : Good morning thanks for chatting in i can surely help with this!Let me ask you a few question to see how to go about doing this! How did you order phones in store or online?
You : over the phone
VERIZON : Okay so through mail! So do you want to go in store return phones and get a replacement until new ship>
You : Can you ship the replacement overnight to me?
VERIZON : That is not one of the shipping options available for this order.But in store you can get one same day.
You : Are the stores guaranteed to have them tomorrow? Hard to get a straight answer on that
VERIZON : The New batch of 7's have not yet been released so you can get and replacement of a different mode phone even the galaxy s7
You : I'll call my local store. Everyone is having a different answer. Thank you.
VERIZON : Okay your very welcome! You can save this conversation for notes to your email if you would
VERIZON : All you have to do is select the email icon on your end before ending chat!

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
Just got off phone with Verizon they have new Note 7's but after an hr they couldn't figure out how to do the exchange in their system. Said it will only let them add it as new device and line. Said I will most likely have to go to a store and exchange there.

rnb8408

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Ok...So I called back.

First she said there was nothing she could do. Stated only phones purchased within the last 14 days could be exchanged online.

I told her I was very frustrated and annoyed because I keep getting told different things and I know for a fact that other people have been able to call and get a new replacement shipped by paying taxes on the new phone in the exact same position as me.

Hold again.

She finally came back and said she would try and see if she could do it as a warranty exchange or something like that...She said it let her. I had to pay $60.48 in taxes and agree to the terms. She said it'll be shipped today with a delivery of the 22nd. She said once they receive back my recalled phone, they would refund that.

However, she would NOT give me the $25 credit from Samsung. But I don't care, as long as I didn't have to go deal with them CSR's at a store and take time off work to do so.

Hopefully this will all be settled soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC