Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
Working so can't post pics (tons of downloading going on in background too). Box looks the same to me except for the black square. No S or anything.
I just downloaded the phone info app and it says mine was made on 9/5/16 in Korea.
I don't actually know what he did. I didn't get a receipt or sign anything. Guess I better check my account later!
I could have got any color I wanted too.

This was at the Brier Creek store in Raleigh, NC if anyone else is in the area.

So far, battery icon is white but probably will change with all this updating going on. Letting her charge now. Hopefully... No flames!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Working so can't post pics (tons of downloading going on in background too). Box looks the same to me except for the black square. No S or anything.
I just downloaded the phone info app and it says mine was made on 9/5/16 in Korea.
I don't actually know what he did. I didn't get a receipt or sign anything. Guess I better check my account later!
I could have got any color I wanted too.

This was at the Brier Creek store in Raleigh, NC if anyone else is in the area.

So far, battery icon is white but probably will change with all this updating going on. Letting her charge now. Hopefully... No flames!

Thats not funny McGee

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
not true, i started with a online chat this am. I had to pay the TAx difference however when i return the old phone they will refund the 80 dollars in taxes. They are shipping my phone overnight no charge.

I would report Elena

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap! I called my local store and of course got the standard "no phones and no idea when" line. Called a branch close to my work and she went and looked and said, "yep, we have some. All 3 colors"... Just got back now. Transaction went smooth from giving back my S7E and back to Note 7. Also gave a $25 account credit. Nothing out of pocket today at all.

I'm still in shock. I'm at work so haven't been able to check anything except the box said Made in Korea.

2 questions, was the store you did the exchange at a corporate store? And was it your place of purchase?

I'd love to be able to do a swap at my local store because the one I got my phone from from is almost an hr away.

rnb8408

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I called back and mine is coming Thurs. She had to rig the system and do it as a warranty exchange and I had to pay taxes and no $25 credit.

I had to call back, my order got placed on hold and said I had to take action. But when I call, they don't show that. AH! This is so frustrating.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
2 questions, was the store you did the exchange at a corporate store? And was it your place of purchase?

I'd love to be able to do a swap at my local store because the one I got my phone from from is almost an hr away.
It doesnt matter which phone you purchased from if it was a corp store. Any will do. I purchased thru vzw online and I can go into any corp store for the exchange. As a matter of fact I bought the n7 thru vzw online, returned it at a corp store and got the s7e which, if they have them tomorrow, will be trading this one in at a different store.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Heard from my Verizon store (local authorized reseller). They said they are only getting replacement phones for the ones that have been returned already this week, which doesn't help people who held on to their phones (like me). They are saying they hope to have my replacement by Thurs ;-(

Wouldn't Samsung want to first swap the folks still holding on to (possible exploding) phones instead of making us wait longer than folks who have swapped for safe phones already?

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Heard from my Verizon store (local authorized reseller). They said they are only getting replacement phones for the ones that have been returned already this week, which doesn't help people who held on to their phones (like me). They are saying they hope to have my replacement by Thurs ;-(

Wouldn't Samsung want to first swap the folks still holding on to (possible exploding) phones instead of making us wait longer than folks who have swapped for safe phones already?

This makes too much sense!

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site

As my rep put it, there is limited quantity of the new batch. If you exchanged, they know how many they need and where RIGHT NOW.

dogdooley

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Today, my chat rep said to call the phone number and the phone rep said i would need to return the device before they could send me a new one. He recommended going to a store. Could they provide any more hoops to jump through for those of us who purchased online??????

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you have to return all the accessories with the phone to Verizon? It would be nice to keep them for our troubles.

I contacted the Verizon PR rep who wrote the article about the recall, and he said that you aren't required to return all accessories or the box, but he recommended returning everything if you have it.

My experience with the corporate stores are pretty dismal so...while they might take it, at least at my store, i would'nt expect them to take it back without a fight.

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if you have to return all the accessories with the phone to Verizon? It would be nice to keep them for our troubles.
Depends on the store/rep... I've heard people that said the rep requested everything, down to the headphone case. I only returned the phone and a empty box, like a few other folks have..

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
So if you call the Verizon 800 number (800-922-0204) and you immediately press 0 to get to a live person.... is it just me or does the recorded voice that tells you they will transfer to an operator sound a little annoyed that you made it that far in the automated system.

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I just got home from the Verizon store in Glen Burnie & they were thankfully able to swap the new phone out with no issues. They said they had just received the new notes this morning so some stores still might be without them until tomorrow. The rep did ask if I had the box & receipt for the original, which I did just to be safe, but it wasn't required. She said having the box helps her process it faster (How exactly is beyond me, since all info is on my account) Anyways, they did not ask for any of the accessories back or anything, not that I was planning on returning them anyway...but you should all be able to keep the additional accessories from the new phone as well, which will give you an additional charger & everything else which is nice.

All in all it was a pretty painless process at the store here. I did not have them restore anything at the store, as I'm about to start that dreaded process here myself. The only difference with the new box is the black dot. Build quality seems pretty much the exact same so far, but only time will tell. Once I do a full charge & have a day or two to test out the new battery, I'll know for sure.

20160920_125706.jpg

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I just got home from the Verizon store in Glen Burnie & they were thankfully able to swap the new phone out with no issues. They said they had just received the new notes this morning so some stores still might be without them until tomorrow. The rep did ask if I had the box & receipt for the original, which I did just to be safe, but it wasn't required. She said having the box helps her process it faster (How exactly is beyond me, since all info is on my account) Anyways, they did not ask for any of the accessories back or anything, not that I was planning on returning them anyway...but you should all be able to keep the additional accessories from the new phone as well, which will give you an additional charger & everything else which is nice.

All in all it was a pretty painless process at the store here. I did not have them restore anything at the store, as I'm about to start that dreaded process here myself. The only difference with the new box is the black dot. Build quality seems pretty much the exact same so far, but only time will tell. Once I do a full charge & have a day or two to test out the new battery, I'll know for sure.

View attachment 240044

Glen Burnie, MD?

I just called one of the store in dc. They asked me to call back in about an hour or so

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
I only go to corporate stores. It is the place I purchased but I would think it wouldn't matter as long as it's Verizon. Who knows though. Depends on who you get?

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I called 2 corporate stores (one in Dublin, CA and the other in South San Francisco,CA). The Dublin store had no idea when they were coming in and were pretty rude about it. The San Francisco store told me they are expecting a "massive shipment" of phones by 2pm today and was willing to hold one for me if it included the Note 7 in the batch. I guess the experience per corporate store will vary based on the manager there and the kind of customer service (if any) training they all get. I will stop by in the afternoon to check further. Personally, I never resort to being rude back as I've used to in my younger days. As I've learned throughout the years, people who love what they do in a customer-service based job will always find a way to treat customers right. They appreciate their jobs and are over joyed when you tell them you will give them high marks in their surveys. I have written a few emails to their managers admiring the kind of service I've received. They appreciate that. As for the rudeness and poor service, I chalk that up to the folks who see their situation as a ways to make ends meet and most likely have a shi**ier life than you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18