Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I had returned my Note 7 for a refund, and went back to my old LG G3, rescinded the upgrade, etc. I called this morning and got a very nice rep (I have to say, the customer service people I have talked to, even when not sure of certain info, have been uniformly friendly and helpful) ( not so the store).
My blue--as before--Note 7 due to arrive 9-22. She didn't know about the 25.00 but put me briefly on hold while she checked, came back and said they were not giving it as a bill credit but as an accessory credit, and they didn't have the accessories back in stock yet but she would put it in my file and send me an email when they did, and also the url of a website that did have some and was giving the 25.00 to people who had had the recalled Note. I was less concerned with that than with getting the phone in the color I love, and getting it soon and in not having to go an hour and a half by two buses to deal with the folks in the nearest store, so all's good as far as I am concerned. Can't wait to get back to the regular stuff about our phones. But this forum has been a real help in getting through this certainy first world problem but still stressful situation with the phones.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Just replaced mine.. blue for blue.. they asked if I had the box, to which I answered no. Didn't return any accessories or charger.. the little glitch was paying my phone off and I was like hmmm I don't enjoy paying so much bills hence me paying it off. Pretty easy to do
Looks like little by little folks are startin' to get happy around here. Its nice to see. AND its not even the 21st.:p

Peace. Alan

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
About the battery icon...I saw on Reddit, and agree with this idea...leave the GOOD ones white, but update the bad IMEIs with a red icon. Perhaps with a big old X through it, too...because I think a red icon WITH an X would drive anyone crazy before too long.

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If you go to the Verizon product page for the Galaxy Note 7 and click on the "Check in-store availability" link under the phone, that is starting to update which locations have the phones in stock. Just FYI

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like little by little folks are startin' to get happy around here. Its nice to see....
I'm almost happy, lol. I called the two corporate stores by me up until 3pm, and neither had their shipments. Caved and called CS. I originally went to one of the corp stores a week or so ago to hand mine in and get a Note 5 as the loaner, but they only had 32GB. They were great, sorry they couldn't help and said they'd note my account and to call CS as soon as I left.

Did that and received my 64GB N5 two hours before the Samsung email and four hours before the VZW text, telling us the 9/21 date. Went back to my store w/the N5 (unopened) and returned it. No restocking fees, etc. That night there were 3 of us (out of 10+ customers) to return the N7. I told them I'd just wait til the 21st since it was a few more days. However, with all the folks here already getting theirs I got antsy and called CS this afternoon. No problem, she ordered it for me, asked if I wanted a different color (kept silver) and gave me free overnight shipping.

About an hour ago decided to call my store, and they did get them and were going to hold one for me (told her that the order still said "Processing" and got an email that it was back-ordered). She said to get there within the hour since they're not supposed to hold them, and a lot of people were already coming in. Rushing to backup the few things that I've added since last week, checked my account and saw that it shipped (was picked up and got a tracking number), with delivery by 8pm tomorrow. I called the store back to tell them thanks, but they didn't need to hold it.

The whole process has been annoying, but I have had multiple good experiences at my store, and on the phone, throughout the whole thing.

*** One side note...the first CS rep who ordered the N5 for me did it sort of as a warranty replacement. Didn't reset nor interrupt my payment plan. The rep this afternoon is processing it as a return/repurchase. It's going to reset my payment plan starting when I activate it, and when they receive mine back will cancel the previous plan, refund the payments (think there were two) and taxes (did have to pay the tax today). Not crazy about it setting me back two months in the "upgrade" date, but could always make those extra payments with the refund. (With a new purchase receipt coming, too bad the N7 isn't showing for any promotions anymore!)

Last edited:

jn3wman

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else off put by the green battery? In a way I think it kinda sucks having everything white then that blaring green icon sticking out like a sore thumb lol.
I actually don't mind it honestly. I thought I was gonna hate it initially, but it's not that bad. I'm sure someone is already working on an app to change it back anyway.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm almost happy, lol. I called the two corporate stores by me up until 3pm, and neither had their shipments. Caved and called CS. I originally went to one of the corp stores a week or so ago to hand mine in and get a Note 5 as the loaner, but they only had 32GB. They were great, sorry they couldn't help and said they'd note my account and to call CS as soon as I left.

Did that and received my 64GB N5 two hours before the Samsung email and four hours before the VZW text, telling us the 9/21 date. Went back to my store w/the N5 (unopened) and returned it. No restocking fees, etc. That night there were 3 of us (out of 10+ customers) to return the N7. I told them I'd just wait til the 21st since it was a few more days. However, with all the folks here already getting theirs I got antsy and called CS this morning. No problem, she ordered it for me, asked if I wanted a different color (kept silver) and gave me free overnight shipping.

About an hour ago decided to call my store, and they did get them and were going to hold one for me (told her that the order still said "Processing" and got an email that it was back-ordered). She said to get there within the hour since they're not supposed to hold them, and a lot of people were already coming in. Rushing to backup the few things that I've added since last week, checked my account and saw that it shipped (was picked up and got a tracking number), with delivery by 8pm tomorrow. I called the store back to tell them thanks, but they didn't need to hold it.

The whole process has been annoying, but I have had multiple good experiences at my store, and online, throughout the whole thing.

*** One side note...the first CS rep who ordered the N5 for me did it sort of as a warranty replacement. Didn't reset nor interrupt my payment plan. The rep this morning is processing it as a return/repurchase. It's going to reset my payment plan starting when I activate it, and when they receive mine back will cancel the previous plan, refund the payments (think there were two) and taxes (did have to pay the tax today). Not crazy about it setting me back two months in the "upgrade" date, but could always make those extra payments with the refund. (With a new purchase receipt coming, too bad the N7 isn't showing for any promotions anymore!)

Poor Baby... But now it's kinda relaxing to know its all good to go now. Now you can relax, fix a cup of coffee, take your right calf and clear a space on the coffee table and grab the remote, right? :p

Peace. Alan

treedabl

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine replaced at Marley Station Mall in Glen Burnie. Just so you know, they have been instructed to sell the phones and not wait for people who are getting replacements. I think it's a pretty sucky thing for Samsung and Verizon to do. Makes me think the issue wasn't as serious as they said. Otherwise, wouldn't they want to do everything possible to get these devices replaced? Glad this is over for me. Good luck, everyone, getting your new devices soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34