Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So which reps have you been able to successfully order from? Because I have talked to like 4 today and none will let me do an online order.

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
So which reps have you been able to successfully order from? Because I have talked to like 4 today and none will let me do an online order.

The guy i talked to was giving me issues. I had to explain that there is no corporate store withing a hundred miles.
He said that he's sending me a note 7 same color. Worry free guarantee. Whatever that means. Where did you purchase you'rs? Also is there a corporate store near you?
Right now my account says there's a credit hold and I have to contact them before they can process my order.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I can only say the one I talked to, Lavisha. I referenced the successes on this thread, cause she wasn't gonna do it. She put me on hold and said their systems HAVE been updated and they can set up the orders and all it's just WE can't RECEIVE the phone until the 21st. So I'm good to go now. Free Overnight Shipping UPS. I have the tracking # but UPS hasn't picked it up yet so probably Thursday. And she said I could keep all the accessories.OH and a shipping label for the old phone
I was really nice and she was really nice right back at me. What can I say man some people know how to put a little sugar on it and some people don't

Peace. Alan

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a store about an hour away, but they're refusing to put one on hold for me. So they only had 1 left today and didn't want to drive an hour to find out they handed it out to someone else. I purchased the phone online because lack of corp store near me.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Went to my VZW Corp store greeter said yeah we have them.. The sales rep said "they're not supposed to be til tomorrow". I said " the greeter says you have them". Then she comes back and says "you want black". I say "no I want blue like I have now". She says "you might check back tomorrow". WTF?

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I can only say the one I talked to, Lavisha. I referenced the successes on this thread, cause she wasn't gonna do it. She put me on hold and said their systems HAVE been updated and they can set up the orders and all it's just WE can't RECEIVE the phone until the 21st. So I'm good to go now. Free Overnight Shipping UPS. I have the tracking # but UPS hasn't picked it up yet so probably Thursday. And she said I could keep all the accessories.OH and a shipping label for the old phone

Peace. Alan
I'm going to call back later tonight and reference this thread as well.
EDIT: can you check you're Verizon account online and let me know if it says anything in notifications about an order and if that order is on hold?

maxt_63

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just called my local corporate store (which is only a seven minute drive :) ) and asked when they were going to be sold again. The lady said they have a limited quantity and were both exchanging and selling them and told me I can come by whenever and they'd sell me one. So I'm gonna try my luck tomorrow and see if I can snag one without previously owning a Note7.

cary328is

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about some of your experiences. I was in and out of the Dublin,CA location in about 20 minutes. I returned my old blue Note 7 and was told I was the 10th customer to do so. It was a smooth and seamless process. They took just the phone itself back. I kept all the accessories and even the (now a spare) S-pen. I put the 256gb card in the new phone, turned it on, activated it and left the store a happy camper.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
you certainly ain't been around here all day. A LOT of us have successfully ordered our new replacements over the phone today and they're shipping overnight with reurn label to ship the defectives back.

Peace. Alan
That's good I'll try both methods. If bought it from a non Verizon retail store, I wonder if I can do it for both.

One bought online Verizon store and one at non Verizon store.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to call back later tonight and reference this thread as well.
EDIT: can you check you're Verizon account online and let me know if it says anything in notifications about an order and if that order is on hold?
Yes you can. I did. And it doesn't "indicate" its on hold.

Peace. Alan

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
Just got back from my local corporate store, did the replacement exchange with no problem, took about 15 minutes total. Am now at home doing the restore on new phone, couldn't be happier.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
That's good I'll try both methods. If bought it from a non Verizon retail store, I wonder if I can do it for both.

One bought online Verizon store and one at non Verizon store.
I'd say Yes, but can't say. Non-Verizon - do you mean like a Wal-Mart or BestBuy or a cellp[hone store that has Verizon signs all over it but is NOT a Corporate Verizon Store?

Peace. Alan

metal4all6

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them :-\. Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them :-\. Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.

I'd be furious. Even says no restocking fee on the website.

amtrucker22

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Got my new Note 7 today at the corporate Verizon store. I was told I had to go there since I got the phone from Verizon.com. The had 7 in stock at 6pm all black.

5 minutes after being turned on, there was a Samsung update that changed my battery to green.

FINALLY have my phone back!!!!!

Just checked, phone date is 9/1/16

ericisthename

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Just ordered my replacement on the phone with CS. they said they would be sending a box to send back my loaner S7 Edge. She was not sure on the shipping date but said i would get it asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.