Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, got my two Note 7's today. Pretty painless process although the place was pretty busy. I guess I lucked out and the manager did my swap (I had two S7 Edge's as loaners) so she was spot on. Setting them up now and I must say it feels much nicer in the hand (the N7 :D) than the S7 Edge.

Good luck to everyone that gets theirs tomorrow. Keep the faith!!

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I find the wide range of experiences in this process to be quite surprising. Leave authorized resellers out of it. I watched my rep go through the process on his handheld terminal today. He talked to himself along the way. :) Restocking fee came up ("nope not applicable, override"). Taxes came up ("nope, already paid. Override.") ("apply $25 credit. Done.") ("2 gb bonus. Done.") ("Sign here ma'am and we can fire up Smart Switch.") No hassles about accessories at all.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on another topic earlier, but no replies...

Does anyone who received their replacement use Nova (Prime)? - tho not sure if this is a prime feature....

Under Settings > Look & feel > Notification Bar > Dark Icons

It changes the white notification icons to gray for me. I like the look - the icons blend more into my wallpaper than the blaring white. Wondering if this has any/no effect on the green battery icon on the new devices.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Went to verizon today. They had my blue coral and the guy was ready to swap mine out but the system wouldn't let him because I have a past due balance. He tried to get it to let him but couldn't. I had made arrangements the other day to pay past due on the 27th. They said to come back next Tuesday when I pay bill and they will swap it out. I asked him if I came in Tuesday and they didn't have my blue can they ship it to me. He said if they don't have my blue that they will take recalled note 7 and ship the new note 7 to my house. Good thing I still have my note 5. And he checked box and said samsung wanted all accessories back. Which I had them in box. So for the one that haven't gone to get a replacement at Verizon yet pay your bill before you go in cause it be a waste of trip. And guy didn't have a clue about the $25 bill credit.

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I find the wide range of experiences in this process to be quite surprising. Leave authorized resellers out of it. I watched my rep go through the process on his handheld terminal today. He talked to himself along the way. :) Restocking fee came up ("nope not applicable, override"). Taxes came up ("nope, already paid. Override.") ("apply $25 credit. Done.") ("2 gb bonus. Done.") ("Sign here ma'am and we can fire up Smart Switch.") No hassles about accessories at all.
2gb bonus? How do you get that?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
And I was told if you ordered online that it has to be a corporate store. If you bout in store than it can be any verizon store

dp2016

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Went in to store around 5 today and got mine exchanged for same model. Took about 45 minutes. Lots of people at the store exchanging. The lady told me that tomorrow will be crazy since it's the official day fkr the exchanges. Happy and Green 😆

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
The 800 number rep told me I had to return all the accessories to. It seems it's hit or miss, and next month we will probably see complaints of being charged for accessories for not returning them

BobMango

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Went to corporate VZ store in Albuquerque this afternoon. Took only the phone and walked out 40 minutes later with a new Note 7 with the accessories. Couldn't have been easier.

shrxwin

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Cross post with thread about getting replacement:

Stopped at Verizon corporate store in Boise,ID on Milwaukee after donating platelets this afternoon, just hoping to get on a list.
They had stock including 6 in blue, so i told the greeter that I only had the phone, was not going to wait 35 minutes for my turn if i needed everything. she said no problem.

My turn came and the guy was going to turn me away since no box and stuff but his manager said it was ok. I left with only the phone, no paperwork or anything else, not even the box but at least I have a phone instead of using my Note 2!
My smart switch to PC from about 10 days ago is done restoring and my phone looks ready to go!

I had hoped to leave with the box and an extra charger for all the hassle but whatever just hoping the Samsung $25 credit shows up...

P.s.
The kid turned on my wiped phone, put it into the box with the black square indicating new, and closed it up. A phone that can overheat and burn. In closed box... yeah... I should have tried harder to get those accessories before they melt!

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Copied the following from an article in wall street journal.

00c2f7ebd455290c01d676bac8f7943c.jpg

The link to said article

http://www.wsj.com/articles/samsung...ote-7s-will-be-available-wednesday-1474411674

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Cross post with thread about getting replacement:

Stopped at Verizon corporate store in Boise,ID on Milwaukee after donating platelets this afternoon, just hoping to get on a list.
They had stock including 6 in blue, so i told the greeter that I only had the phone, was not going to wait 35 minutes for my turn if i needed everything. she said no problem.

My turn came and the guy was going to turn me away since no box and stuff but his manager said it was ok. I left with only the phone, no paperwork or anything else, not even the box but at least I have a phone instead of using my Note 2!
My smart switch to PC from about 10 days ago is done restoring and my phone looks ready to go!

I had hoped to leave with the box and an extra charger for all the hassle but whatever just hoping the Samsung $25 credit shows up...
You got ripped off.... All they need was the phone... They're still using protocol for a regular exchange and not a recall, smh..
I kept everything from the 1st N7 and was able to keep the charger and headphone from the S7edge loaner..

bluesboy77

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
They made me turn mine in with the everything that came in the box, but I don't really care that much they are crap accessories anyway and not worth anything, I'm just glad they replaced my phone this afternoon with no hassle, in and out in 15 minutes.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
After a long day at Verizon I have replaced both my Note 7's. Glad I went today cause they said they only had 15 blue coral at that location in AL. They took only the phones didn't care for the old box or accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12