Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a store about an hour away, but they're refusing to put one on hold for me. So they only had 1 left today and didn't want to drive an hour to find out they handed it out to someone else. I purchased the phone online because lack of corp store near me.

I also ordered my original phone online and was able to process the swap out of the phone through the 800 number. My brother purchased his from a authorized dealer and he is even able to swap through the 800 number. If you have not had success yet, call them again today and reference this thread.

scodoublet

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
The whole process of the Note 7 recall has been such a hassle for me so far. My local Corporate Verizon Store in Fort Gratiot Michigan has continuously dropped the ball on this and has made me feel like I'm trying to rip them off or somehow get something for free undeservedly. It's been very frustrating to say the least.

A week ago I went into the store where I originally purchased the phone to see what my options were if I wanted to stay with a Note 7. I was told that I would have to switch to a different phone permanently or simply keep a possibly dangerous phone and wait until new stock arrived. They honestly seemed more interested in trying to sell me a new JBL Bluetooth Speaker than getting this potential fire hazard out of my hands and life. I wanted to end up with a safe Note 7 so I kept my original device and decided to check back in with the store in a week on my next day off from work.

Meanwhile I get an email from Samsung stating new Note 7 stock would be available no later than the 21st of September. So on the 20th (yesterday) I happened to be in the area and stopped by the Verizon Store to see if they got any phones in yet. We were told they hadn't gotten any and they took down my name and number and said they would call me back when inventory arrived.

Within one hour I got home and decided to call Customer Service and see if anything could be done over the phone. The Phone rep was very friendly and eager to help. He checked the system and told me that my local store was showing that it had 4 phones available in stock! I told him that just an hour ago I was in the store and was told that they had none and that they'd call me when they got them in. Obviously that didn't happen... He said maybe they just got a shipment in after I left but he didn't know and told me they couldn't hold a phone for me at the store but maybe if I get down there quickly enough I'd be able to get my current Note 7 replaced and move on from this fiasco.

So I take another trip to the store and was greeted by a guy named Ken and I again explained my situation. He said that they indeed have some new Note 7 devices in stock now but that they were already spoken for. Really? Are you kidding me? They were "spoken for"? As in they were holding them for other people? He also made me feel like an ***** by telling me, in a very condescending way, that there was a waiting list that's been around for some time and I wasn't on it..... I asked him when this list was started and why I wasn't offered to be put on this list a week ago when I was in the store and he told me he couldn't answer that and that he didn't know. He was wearing a tag on his shirt that said manager and he couldn't give me a straight answer about what he was talking about? I was livid at this point. He offered to take down my name and number.... again... Which ended up on a sticky note and I'm sure immediately thrown into the trash as soon as I left the store.

This was the second time today I was there and had my name and number written on a sticky note... Is this really standard operating procedure?

After leaving the store, biting my tongue so I didn't say anything to get thrown out of the place, we placed another call with customer service and they were able to do a three way call with the actual lead manager of the local store to find out what the heck was going on... She again took down my information and assured me that I would be called when a new Coral Blue Note 7, that isn't already spoken for, was in the store. I will not be holding my breath...

I'm extremely frustrated by the way this whole situation has been handled and I feel like I have been forced into keeping an unsafe phone for much longer than I should have. Thank god my phone hasn't overheated and caught fire yet while charging.

This is simply unacceptable and I don't know if it's a lack of training or people just not doing their jobs correctly or what. I really don't feel like these people had my family's safety in mind here. All I want is some consistent information and a new safe Galaxy Note 7 as soon as possible to ease my mind and get this taken care of. I don't feel like that's too much to ask.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine today to the Montgomeryville, PA store. The process was pretty quick and the salesperson was nice, but I was charged $35 for a restocking fee (they said I would be credited on my bill, but I'm not sure I believe them). I didn't bring any accessories back with my phone except for the box, but when I got my new phone, they kept all the accessories from the new Note 7 and said I don't get them :-\. Also asked about the $25 credit and they knew nothing about it and to contact Samsung.

It was a quick 15 minutes in and out, but I'm not really happy about the restocking fee, accessories, or credit. I guess I'll be contacting Verizon to make sure I do get credited the restocking fee and for the $25 credit.

Yes, please call and make sure you are credited the restocking fee and the $25 bill credit.

racin06

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday, I stopped by my local Verizon store and exchanged my Note 7 for a new Note 7. The transaction was uneventful and went very smoothly...maybe 15 min to complete.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
My mom just went to our local corporate store to exchange our phones for me while I was at work. Hers being the blue coral and mine being the silver titanium. They told her they have blue and black but no silver so they will have to ship mine to me. Okay fine. They also told her we need to send back all of the accessories and they will be taking them out of the new phone boxes and just sending the phone? I better be getting a new phone in the box. Nor am I willing to send back my accessories. Nowhere does it state the accessories need to be sent back anywhere. Samsung and verizon have actually told me the opposite. I will be furious if this is the case. They better not just send me a phone back in the mail.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
The whole process of the Note 7 recall has been such a hassle for me so far. My local Corporate Verizon Store in Fort Gratiot Michigan has continuously dropped the ball on this and has made me feel like I'm trying to rip them off or somehow get something for free undeservedly. It's been very frustrating to say the least.

A week ago I went into the store where I originally purchased the phone to see what my options were if I wanted to stay with a Note 7. I was told that I would have to switch to a different phone permanently or simply keep a possibly dangerous phone and wait until new stock arrived. They honestly seemed more interested in trying to sell me a new JBL Bluetooth Speaker than getting this potential fire hazard out of my hands and life. I wanted to end up with a safe Note 7 so I kept my original device and decided to check back in with the store in a week on my next day off from work.

Meanwhile I get an email from Samsung stating new Note 7 stock would be available no later than the 21st of September. So on the 20th (yesterday) I happened to be in the area and stopped by the Verizon Store to see if they got any phones in yet. We were told they hadn't gotten any and they took down my name and number and said they would call me back when inventory arrived.

Within one hour I got home and decided to call Customer Service and see if anything could be done over the phone. The Phone rep was very friendly and eager to help. He checked the system and told me that my local store was showing that it had 4 phones available in stock! I told him that just an hour ago I was in the store and was told that they had none and that they'd call me when they got them in. Obviously that didn't happen... He said maybe they just got a shipment in after I left but he didn't know and told me they couldn't hold a phone for me at the store but maybe if I get down there quickly enough I'd be able to get my current Note 7 replaced and move on from this fiasco.

So I take another trip to the store and was greeted by a guy named Ken and I again explained my situation. He said that they indeed have some new Note 7 devices in stock now but that they were already spoken for. Really? Are you kidding me? They were "spoken for"? As in they were holding them for other people? He also made me feel like an ***** by telling me, in a very condescending way, that there was a waiting list that's been around for some time and I wasn't on it..... I asked him when this list was started and why I wasn't offered to be put on this list a week ago when I was in the store and he told me he couldn't answer that and that he didn't know. He was wearing a tag on his shirt that said manager and he couldn't give me a straight answer about what he was talking about? I was livid at this point. He offered to take down my name and number.... again... Which ended up on a sticky note and I'm sure immediately thrown into the trash as soon as I left the store.

This was the second time today I was there and had my name and number written on a sticky note... Is this really standard operating procedure?

After leaving the store, biting my tongue so I didn't say anything to get thrown out of the place, we placed another call with customer service and they were able to do a three way call with the actual lead manager of the local store to find out what the heck was going on... She again took down my information and assured me that I would be called when a new Coral Blue Note 7, that isn't already spoken for, was in the store. I will not be holding my breath...

I'm extremely frustrated by the way this whole situation has been handled and I feel like I have been forced into keeping an unsafe phone for much longer than I should have. Thank god my phone hasn't overheated and caught fire yet while charging.

This is simply unacceptable and I don't know if it's a lack of training or people just not doing their jobs correctly or what. I really don't feel like these people had my family's safety in mind here. All I want is some consistent information and a new safe Galaxy Note 7 as soon as possible to ease my mind and get this taken care of. I don't feel like that's too much to ask.

Agreed - this is not a safe way to do a recall.
I am reminded daily (due to the new OS update) that my phone needs to be turned off "NOW".

As of today:
- Samsung will not provide an exchange - they say talk to VZW
- VZW will not provide an exchange - they say talk to Sam's Club
- Sam's Club says that they might get stock by 10/4

Getting a refund from my Sam's Club means losing a $150 gift card. Transitioning to another phone means that I have to make two more phone purchases (which gives SC two more times to screw-up my VZW account - which happens almost every time), and as of today, SC does not promise to allow me to return the S7 for an N7.

So, I understand your concerns, for sure.
Hoping today (the 21st) will bring a change.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my new note 7. While i was in store for 2.5 hours because they couldn't figure out how to do the exchange for the life of them. 8 others came in to get theirs swapped. I was the first. Good thing for those other 8 I played the genie pig btw I took absolutely nothing except the phone. Not even the s-pen.

Thank you for the tip to keep the S Pen. I would have not thought about keeping the S Pen. I get to send mine back so I will be keeping that pen.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Checked my account this morning after ordering over the phone yesterday and it is showing that the order for my replacement phone is on credit hold. Anyone else who ordered over the phone yesterday seeing this.

You need to call Verizon back. My replacement left the Verizon warehouse yesterday.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I think you have to have the "L" or "XL" data plan. Then add a line or some other ways you can get the bonus.

Just activating a new phone on an existing line will work. Or at least it did for me. I asked for it a couple of weeks after I got the Note 7...I had seen it pop up on one of the screens when accessing my account. It's there "for life" as long as you stay on L or XL plan (or the 12 gig plan that isn't really advertised).

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
You need to call Verizon back. My replacement left the Verizon warehouse yesterday.

I called, and chatted and after about 2 hours was able to get everything cleared up and a tracking number. Like you i am just sending back the phone and the box, keeping everything else.

Curious did you have to pay the tax on the replacement device?

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Are they sending you the replacement?

My mom went into the store this morning. I had to work so I could not be there. They told her they didnt have my color so they are going to send it to me. But they also said I need to send back the phone and accessories or else i would be charged. They also told her that they will be sending me JUST a phone. Which doesnt make sense because it should be brand new in box. I cant wait to see how this unfolds.

Keep in mind he also told her he has no idea how long it will take for me to get the silver. Excellent.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I was told that the $25. credit was something that the Manager had to add to my account later that day.
How can I find out if I got the $25. or not? I don't see it anywhere on myVerizon.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I went to my local Verizon store TWICE yesterday (once with optimistic hopes...the other because I was in the area anyway so why not). On the first visit I was told they didn't have any and didn't know when they would be getting them. On the 2nd visit I was told they were in the back but couldn't be exchanged. I pushed back and said the exchange was to be "by the 21st" and she said they had tried earlier and the IMEIDs wouldn't work in their system yet. She then offered to place me on a list, which annoyed me because I wasn't offered that option in the morning when I inquired. I mean, I was glad to GET on a list...but WTH...everything about this is "fly by the seat of our pants".

I then got a call around 7:30 p.m. from that store and they confirmed I wanted the black Note 7 and said that while they didn't have them yet (so what...the girl who helped me earlier was lying???...or are YOU lying????), they were getting delivery before the store opens and one would be reserved in my name to come in and claim it.

I plan to leave here shortly. Can't wait to see what kind of cluster I walk into....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma