Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My counter jockey would not let me keep my accessories. :-\

That's a shame. I was lucky enough to get checked in by a manager and while I did have my box and accessories with me, he didn't know that. I told him my understanding was they weren't needed. So he disappeared for a while and came back and confirmed with his higher ups (presumably via a phone call, not someone in the back office) that we do only need to turn in the phone. The guy who ended up helping me wasn't going to give me the new box (and had to confirm with the manager I didn't need to fork over the old one) but the manager was very clear...they only need to give us the phone. So after I factory reset I discreetly popped out the pen and stuck it in my back pocket.

The manager said they had quite a stock pile forming of returned Notes (so clearly they were exchanging yesterday even though they told me they weren't) and they didn't know what they were going to do with them because as has been reported, Fed Ex won't accept them. He said he thinks Samsung is going to have to create some type of presence here to take ownership of them. At this point, not my problem. Thankfully I have my replacement device. Now the fun of setting it up (wish I really thought it was "fun").

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
that is good to hear, nice to know im not the only one.

Mine's "Out For Delivery" today, 9/21 Now how's THAT for some mean, nasty, horrible, entity bein' all f'd up and not keeping it's word to me? And I did the whole thing with nothin' more than sugar - not overdone, but sugar, always sugar. :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1]

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
OK I pay the monthly fee for my Note 7 but now that I think about it I already paid ONE month now it looks like I will have to pay it again .

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The manager said they had quite a stock pile forming of returned Notes (so clearly they were exchanging yesterday even though they told me they weren't) and they didn't know what they were going to do with them because as has been reported, Fed Ex won't accept them. He said he thinks Samsung is going to have to create some type of presence here to take ownership of them. At this point, not my problem. Thankfully I have my replacement device. Now the fun of setting it up (wish I really thought it was "fun").

Like a dumb *** forgot my SD card in my original Note 7 , I asked for them to look for it yesterday and was told all returns are shipped out on Fridays and mine was gone. I asked if it went to Verizon he said "No in this case directly to Samsung"

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
OK I pay the monthly fee for my Note 7 but now that I think about it I already paid ONE month now it looks like I will have to pay it again .

Check your next month's bill and if it looks like you are starting again just call and have that adjusted.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Will i be able to get it back on my Debit card??? I'm so mad right now

(This is for having the phone shipped to you only) Some folks have been able to get it processed as a phone swap (no taxes), most of us have had to have it done as an exchange. For an exchange they basically take the old phone as a return and then you repurchase the new phone this means there are taxes due. I was told that once they receive the old phone then i would be credited the taxes back.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Check your next month's bill and if it looks like you are starting again just call and have that adjusted.

I am in the same boat, monthly equipment payment. After ordering my phone yesterday, this morning i received a credit on my bill for the 1 device payment. So when i get the new phone the payments will be starting over.

Jonathan Wester

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I'm kind of glad I live 20 miles from the nearest Corporate store. I took my N7 back last Monday and just reactivated my iPhone 6. Just gave them the phone, no accessories, no box. Logged on to Verizon yesterday and saw the new N7's were for sale again. Ordered one and it will be delivered tomorrow. Called about the $20 upgrade fee because I didn't pay it the first time I ordered the phone and they refunded it back to my account immediately. No hassle at all.

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
(This is for having the phone shipped to you only) Some folks have been able to get it processed as a phone swap (no taxes), most of us have had to have it done as an exchange. For an exchange they basically take the old phone as a return and then you repurchase the new phone this means there are taxes due. I was told that once they receive the old phone then i would be credited the taxes back.

They already gave me the credit. Plus the $25.00 my phone bill for this month is only 24.00 so that's awesome. I still say Verizon is a damn rip off😐

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat, monthly equipment payment. After ordering my phone yesterday, this morning i received a credit on my bill for the 1 device payment. So when i get the new phone the payments will be starting over.

So, in looking at my credits, it appears I got a device payment credit, which depending on how they bill at the end of the month, I could be starting over again as well. I guess we will know more when the next bills cut.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of glad I live 20 miles from the nearest Corporate store. I took my N7 back last Monday and just reactivated my iPhone 6. Just gave them the phone, no accessories, no box. Logged on to Verizon yesterday and saw the new N7's were for sale again. Ordered one and it will be delivered tomorrow. Called about the $20 upgrade fee because I didn't pay it the first time I ordered the phone and they refunded it back to my account immediately. No hassle at all.

Good job and welcome to Android Central!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got the same thing. Credited me for the charges and the new payment agreement starts over.

So this could possibly put us a payment behind in the annual upgrade program if the Note 8 is released in August 2017 and it is desirable enough to swap out.

rbrown62jr

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine as well and was told not to listen to the posters on this board who are saying that you have to ship back accessories. I was told to only ship back the phone and keep all accessories. I was also told that I will be receiving a brand new phone just like the original Note 7 I received in the box with all of the accessories. When I receive my phone tomorrow I will report back all of the content I received. Should be interesting.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine as well and was told not to listen to the posters on this board who are saying that you have to ship back accessories. I was told to only ship back the phone and keep all accessories. I was also told that I will be receiving a brand new phone just like the original Note 7 I received in the box with all of the accessories. When I receive my phone tomorrow I will report back all of the content I received. Should be interesting.

Unfortunately it is Verizon employees who are telling people to give up their accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1