Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The counter jockey made me turn over everything. :-\
My guy just asked if the charger and accessories were in the box. I opened and showed him. I realized after the swap that I still had the little USB C to micro USB converter on the cable in my car. Oh well. :)
All in all, the actual exchange process was painless for me. I did just go in and look over all the docs that were generated by the exchange and it doesn't seem simple on their side. Even though I own my phone outright, it took some plan based exchanges to make it work in the system. But, in the end, my month to month status and discounts are all in place so all is well in the end.

AdamHLG

Trusted Member
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
DANG...were you in Pikesville (MD) store????

While I waited for my reserved Note, a person in front of me was a walk in exchange. They were able to give him one as he was the first walk in of the day but I heard the manager say they only had 3 "unspoken for" phones left. All black. They got some of every color in but all had been reserved, save the last 3. When I put my name on the list last night I was about 18th I think. Most didn't have a color preference listed. So I don't know how many my store got, but if you go to Pikesville corporate and want one...there were only 3 as of 10:00 a.m. in black, unless you had one reserved via the list and a phone call the night before.
Yes I was at that store! Wow what a small world lol. I was quite frustrated but in retrospect it's done and life rolls on. Yes I had called to reserve the day before. Pretty funny that we were there at same time. Was that you playing the music?

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
They're now trying to tell me after my 1 hour commute that they can't give me a replacement without the original charger. After I was told multiple times I didn't need to return any accessories.

kabeeo

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
They're now trying to tell me after my 1 hour commute that they can't give me a replacement without the original charger. After I was told multiple times I didn't need to return any accessories.

Tell them you had to throw it out because it was overheating while charging

MDandJD

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Just came back from Emeryville Verizon store. Arrived at the door 10 minutes before opening. Ran in, started to do the exchange and was notified that they only had 5 units and 5 units all black! Oh boy, I am lucky. As the rep was doing the paperwork, about 4-5 calls came in to inquire and several guys came in with phones at hand. When I finally finished, they told everyone on the phone that all the stocks had gone but more would come.

Lesson learned today: have to plan early and act early otherwise you'll have to wait in line.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

If you're still there have him cal VZW support with you on the line YOU do the talking and YOU ask them and tell them what you've heard all over this thread that we get to keep the accessories.

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
If you have a tracking number that means it's been pulled from a whse shelf, boxed up, entered in the VZW shipping computer to print the label, labelled and sittin' on a pallet waitin' on a UPS truck to pick it up.
I went to bed last night and tracking showed UPS hadn't even picked it up yet. Got up this a.m. and it was "Out For Delivery"
And don't use VZW's tracking - paste the number in at the UPS site.

Tomorrow man. :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1]:p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]:p

I received the tracking number this morning at 8:50 am, now at 5:00 pm it still shows as "Tracking information is not yet available. Please try again later" on the UPS site.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Well I'M OUTTA HERE!!! UPS just dropped off my new Note7 that I set up the exchange for by PHONE YESTERDAY afternoon. Free OverNight UPS.
I've made a LOT of friends here and I hope to see y'all back on the regular VZW thread AND on the Note 7 Owners Club Thread where its BYOB :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I received the tracking number this morning at 8:50 am, now at 5:00 pm it still shows as "Tracking information is not yet available. Please try again later" on the UPS site.
What's your order status at MyVerizon.com? NOT the tracking, the order status. It'll be listed right at the top of your home page.

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1]
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Yes I was at that store! Wow what a small world lol. I was quite frustrated but in retrospect it's done and life rolls on. Yes I had called to reserve the day before. Pretty funny that we were there at same time. Was that you playing the music?

Oh HECK NO that wasn't me playing the music (I'm a girl...that was an obnoxious dark-headed dude). That is crazy...small world. I'm mostly, finally set up. I'm sure I'll get annoyed trying to open an app here and there that I forgot to log back into, and I haven't put my theme back in place yet because I'm not sure if I'm going to stick with what I had. My poor phone has been getting hammered this afternoon.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just spent an hour of total aggrevation. Wanted to replace my wife's perfectly working Note 7 using the same online service when we purchased.
First rep said the only way to exchange was at the corporate store.
After useless arguing, I got very nice rep 2 that said she would be happy to assist in the online exchange.
20 minutes of more arguing over paying the $77 dollar tax before they could ship. Once the old phone was received, the tax would be returned through an account credit.
New phone arriving on Friday and I was instructed to only return the device in the enclosed prepaid envelope.
Verizon always finds a way to make it painful.

Last edited:

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Yeah they told me the same crap .. need to give them the charger and they'll give me new one.. I'm like no. Not going to come back. Charger is not the issue. Don't waste my time

mcbrucelee

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
All the hassles exchanging to fixed note 7
I believe everyone saw this is coming from the beginning.
Samsung tossed us to Verizon, Verizon tossed us to Samsung.
Samsung said this, Verizon had no idea.
Some said this, some said that. Different stories from different stores.
That was why I just returned note 7 for refund.
And funny thing is Verizon is selling them online with no wait period.

DasWindows

Jul 9, 2016
Visit site
Why is everyone having a problem?

The verizon reps told me exactly what to do. Bring everything with the loaner phone and get my new note 7.

Got it done instantly like everyone else in the store.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Ok so an update, I decided to call back my corporate store this afternoon on the off chance that they had gotten in any silver units since this morning when they only had black. They had but not many so the rep was nice enough to pull one for me while he waited for me to get there. I arrived about 20 minutes later and the whole process literally took about 10 minutes. It could not have been more painless. I did have to give back the box and everything in it and in my haste to get to the store I forgot to include the charger so he just put the charger from the new phone in the box with my old one and I still have the original. This all happened around 4 and I've almost got my phone completely back to how the original one was. I've got the green battery and all is going well so far. Don't give up hope if you're having trouble finding stock, they are apparently coming in in dribs and drabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2