Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean_4d8

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Got to my corporate store 30 minutes prior to opening where there were already about 8 people in their cars waiting. Took my spot in front at about 10 minutes to go. Ended up being third in the chute so took a seat and waited. Store quickly filled up. I was called up and made my exchange, Silver Titanium for another. Found it was the last one of that color and and last of the handful of 7s period. Needless to say that when they announced it was sold out a few customers got heated. One in particular yelled that since he's EXCHANGING that there should have been phones available just for those customers. Salesman said that they are sold first come first serve and that's when a few more started grumbling. Some had driven from an hour away, another guy thought he had one put on hold by one of the employees but was told it was given away. I'm just glad I went early and walked out with my Note 7.......(2.0)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged mine today. I had to go to two different stores. First store sold out. About half of the people were new customers and not replacement. They also received their phones yesterday and they sold most out yesterday.

Both Verizon and that store for me yesterday they did not receive their delivery and the soonest they would be allowed to issue replacements was today. Needless to say I was not a happy camper.

District for the site happened to be there. She held two replacements for me at one of the other sites.

Two hours for me to get switched over. What a horrible experience!

VZW is way unorganized, and do not communicate either accurate or consistent information. It must be nice having the type of monopoly these carriers have.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I was talking about this last night with my husband. He also said the same thing about hitting up the recall phones. I guess it was easier muck up the new phones.

They HAD to provide a update for the NEW PHONES.

I say this because we want to show that we have a safe phone.

If the update was for the recalled phones, people that are stuck with them would just NOT allow the update and sell them as "safe phones".

People that are "stuck" with them it seems at this point are the people that bought them off web sites like eBay and the like.

You think your getting a run-around, they are getting it from EVERY direction. EBay, PayPal, seller, carrier, and Samsung are ppomting to others.

And holly heck people!!!!!!! Look at the threads of other carriers and this recall.

Others are saying THE EXACT SAME THING YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT VERIZON.

I can't believe the whole world has turned into a bunch of WHINNEY BABIES!!!

A recall of this magnitude has NEVER happened. Let alone, look at from the time it was reported to the time acted!! And NOT FORCED to act, did it on their OWN!

The release said that there is a limited quantity of this first batch, or am I the only person that read that part of a statement!??

Dang people i get it, it's frustrating. But let's put our big person underwear on and act like adults!!!!

The fix/remedy is here/coming. If y'all are talking to Verizon (or any other carrier) like you are here, no wonder you are finding it so bad. If you develop an attitude, they will too. Is it right? HECK, NO!!!!!! But it's a REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
With the way people are being told varying from don't turn in accessories, to do turn them in, here's a thought........

Turn it ALL IN. It's not like you "lost" any of this stuff. You can read people ARE having issues. And yet you want to male it make more painful by arguing over this $h1t!!???

Come on!!!!!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
With the way people are being told varying from don't turn in accessories, to do turn them in, here's a thought........

Turn it ALL IN. It's not like you "lost" any of this stuff. You can read people ARE having issues. And yet you want to male it make more painful by arguing over this $h1t!!???

Come on!!!!!

maybe not selling note's to new customers while folks who already bought the recalled note are not able to get replacements would be a good idea. maybe taking a few hours to workout a game plan and communicate that to your csr's would be a good idea.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I have talked to at least ten different customer service reps. In the beginning they all said something different, and many sounded frustrated. I suspect not knowing was as bad for them as for us.The last one, Naomi, got my replacement ordered, due from Fed Ex tomorrow, and originally offered a 25.00 discount on a screen protector, but I wasn't sure since so many of them don't work, and it wasn't in stock anyway. She said she'd call back and I wasn't sure if I should believe her but she called me today and said it was back in stock and did I want it and I said no, is it possible to get that as a bill credit, I know from the online forums that some people have gotten that. She said yes, and ten minutes after we hung up, I got a text from Verizon of a credit applied to my account. I try to remember, and it isn't always easy, that customer service is a hard job. I actually did it for some years in another field (office manager for a housecleaning company) and it goes so much better if both of you can remember that another human being is on the other end of the line, and that they may have gotten instructions or orders from higher up. When I forget that and am angry with the reps, I never get anywhere. Not always easy, as the customer to remember that, but it does help to try. That said, I mean it only for the customer service people on the 1-800 number. The guys in the stores are awful.

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
They ended up allowing me to trade. They tried to keep all the accessories and I asked why? Was told I'd get to keep the contents of the new box in it's entirety. They reluctantly gave it to me, but said since I was keeping the old charger my warranty would be void if something happened to the phone? They were adamant that Samsung was recalling the chargers as well because they were part of the problem. That hasn't been said ANYWHERE and obviously lots of people are keeping their old charger... I think they were just aggravated I was keeping all the accessories. I even kept the SPen.

They turned away 2 people before me because they didn't bring the charger in. I started to raise hell and say I was told by multiple phone CSRs that I needed to return the phone ONLY and he was telling me I was wrong. I asked him to please double check with someone higher up and he came back 5 mins later and said I was right. I KNOW! So those people they have been turning away for how ever long still have unsafe phones.

Also, they refunded me the tax I paid for the previous phone and charged me another $60 for tax, which doesn't make sense to me either. They turned another girl away because she couldn't pay the new $60 charge today.

Regardless, I have my new non exploding Note 7. Trying to set everything up again.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
What's your order status at MyVerizon.com? NOT the tracking, the order status. It'll be listed right at the top of your home page.

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1]
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.]

shows as shipped now, also the ups tracking number is showing that it has been picked up.
have you shipped back your old device yet, if so did you send back just the phone pr what. also did your replacement phone come with a new sim, and if so did you use the new sim.

racquetballer

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Went to my VZW Corp store greeter said yeah we have them.. The sales rep said "they're not supposed to be til tomorrow". I said " the greeter says you have them". Then she comes back and says "you want black". I say "no I want blue like I have now". She says "you might check back tomorrow". WTF?

That was yesterday 9/20/16. Fast forward to today... Finally got my New Note 7 Coral Blue. Quick and easy since I encrypted and wiped phone before heading into the store. Told the rep not to change anything. He said "WoW how did you get on two year contract with UDP?" I said VZW has been doing that recently and I didn't have to do any "hacks" to get it.. Used new sim card and out the door. Went home and confirmed no changes to my account. BTW they are pushing hard for you to use the credit on an accessory sale. I wanted the $25 bill credit and he said that was through samsung.. I just left as fast as I could so he wouldn't jack up my acct and I'd have to do an IPR.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Well I'M OUTTA HERE!!! UPS just dropped off my new Note7 that I set up the exchange for by PHONE YESTERDAY afternoon. Free OverNight UPS.
I've made a LOT of friends here and I hope to see y'all back on the regular VZW thread AND on the Note 7 Owners Club Thread where its BYOB :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

So glad you got your phone. Mine will be here tomorrow. See you in the threads!!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Got to my corporate store 30 minutes prior to opening where there were already about 8 people in their cars waiting. Took my spot in front at about 10 minutes to go. Ended up being third in the chute so took a seat and waited. Store quickly filled up. I was called up and made my exchange, Silver Titanium for another. Found it was the last one of that color and and last of the handful of 7s period. Needless to say that when they announced it was sold out a few customers got heated. One in particular yelled that since he's EXCHANGING that there should have been phones available just for those customers. Salesman said that they are sold first come first serve and that's when a few more started grumbling. Some had driven from an hour away, another guy thought he had one put on hold by one of the employees but was told it was given away. I'm just glad I went early and walked out with my Note 7.......(2.0)

The first customers to get phones should have been those with recalled phones. Verizon is messed up.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
They ended up allowing me to trade. They tried to keep all the accessories and I asked why? Was told I'd get to keep the contents of the new box in it's entirety. They reluctantly gave it to me, but said since I was keeping the old charger my warranty would be void if something happened to the phone? They were adamant that Samsung was recalling the chargers as well because they were part of the problem. That hasn't been said ANYWHERE and obviously lots of people are keeping their old charger... I think they were just aggravated I was keeping all the accessories. I even kept the SPen.

They turned away 2 people before me because they didn't bring the charger in. I started to raise hell and say I was told by multiple phone CSRs that I needed to return the phone ONLY and he was telling me I was wrong. I asked him to please double check with someone higher up and he came back 5 mins later and said I was right. I KNOW! So those people they have been turning away for how ever long still have unsafe phones.

Also, they refunded me the tax I paid for the previous phone and charged me another $60 for tax, which doesn't make sense to me either. They turned another girl away because she couldn't pay the new $60 charge today.

Regardless, I have my new non exploding Note 7. Trying to set everything up again.

I am soooo glad you got this taken care of and good for you for standing your ground on the accessories ... including the S Pen!! I feel so bad for the girl who was turned away because she could not afford to pay tax on a phone she already paid tax on. Shame on Verizon.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I went into my Verizon store a few minutes after they opened this morning (It opened at 10am, and I got there ~10:04am). About five seconds before me another customer walked in the door. When the women there saw me walk in she saw me carrying my Note 7 and its box, and said to me that they had received very few replacement Notes, and that she was going to check in the back for me and the guy who walked in before me (who also had a black Note7, and didn't bring his box or cables). When she came back out she told us that we got the last two black Note 7 replacements they had.

About five minutes later a lady walked in with a silver one, not sure what happened with her. They also got a phone call from someone asking about the replacements in blue, which they had one or two at the time. The person wanted them to hold it until 6:10pm, but they said they couldn't do that. About 10-15 minutes later another lady walked in and was livid when they told her they didn't have any other replacements in her color left.

I had my cables and converters that came with my original phone in the car in case they asked for them. When the women helping me opened my box and saw the cables weren't in there she asked the manager (who was near the front of the store) if that was ok. He said they only needed the phone, and seemed both surprised and happy when he found out I still had and brought in the original box.

While there I asked about the $25 gift card , and she said I have to go on Samsung Promotions website to apply for it (either she was clueless, or playing dumb). I did pick up a 2016 Gear VR while I was there, and they gave me $25 off that (as a credit on my bill), so all things being equal I sort of got it anyway.

Pretty much all I had them do was activate the phone. When I went out to lunch after leaving there I logged into Google, downloaded quickshortcut maker, made a shortcut to the Samsung cloud, and tried to restore my backup from my previous phone. The restore has continually failed (only some things restored - like my text and contacts). Luckily that is all I really needed. For those who haven't backed up and traded in your phone's I recommend you use multiple methods in case one (like the Samsung cloud) fails.

I updated to the newest software release after charging to 100% (and now have the green battery symbol). So far so good with performance of the new phone. Its as responsive (if not more) as the old Note7.

One more reminder for people: don't forget to disable and where possible uninstall any bloatware you don't use. I almost forgot to disable DT Ignite...

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I am going to give you all alittle insight on what I went through today regarding the phone and accessories.

This morning my mom went into our local corporate store to exchange both of our phones while I was at work. They didnt have my color (silver titanium) so they instructed her to call *611 to get my phone shipped to me. No problem. Hers was the coral blue and they had it in stock. When it came down to accessories, the rep told her that she needs to return them all. She showed them the chat with an online rep that said we do not need to return any accessories. He continued to argue with her telling her she will be charged for not returning them. She told him that she will not be returning them unless she gets charged down the road (including the spen). He then finally told her she can keep them.He also told her she can ONLY use the 25 dollar credit for an accessory-not bill credit. She told him to note the account and she will call customer service to deal with that situation another time.

So fast foward...I call the *611 number after work. The rep was wonderful. He placed an order for my new phone for me no questions asked. He did have to charge me taxes again but stated they will be returned once they receive the phone. I asked him politely about the accessories and he told me his managers told him that we do NOT have to return anything but the phone. I told him what the rep in store told my mom, and the *611 rep actually took the time to read over the terms of the exchange to me to make sure that we do NOT have to return them. The only thing regarding accessories that he read was if we had bought any, we may return them for a refund if we wish to do so. Needless to say my phone has already been shipped and so far so good. I will be keeping my accessories and my spen from my old note.

Status
Not open for further replies.