Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjelliott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I went into the Verizon store yesterday afternoon. The guy says we won't have them till tomorrow. I told him that online it says they are available for pick up here. He went to the back and guess What? They had them. I talked to a Sales person in that same store about switching colors and he said it wasn't a problem. I also talked to Verizon chat and they said it wouldn't be a problem. So i told them I wanted to switch to a silver one (original was black). They charged me a $35 restocking fee for changing colors. They charged me tax on the new phone. So I ended up paying $61.06 to replace my recalled phone. I did Verizon chat when I got home and she said they shouldn't have charged me anything. She gave me a Credit to my account right then of $61.06 along with the $25 Credit and apologized. The store also gave me no new box or cords.

WyDave

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
All I can speak to is the corporate store that I deal with. That being said......

I've heard people saying that the New Note 7s are/were being sold to people that didn't/don't have Note 7s. How do you KNOW they didn't return their phone and advised they wanted the NEW one when available? In this situation if you DON'T know all the facts it would look like a NEW sale.

Again I am speaking about my store. The ONLY people that got them yesterday were people that are/were on their list. I talked with my friend @ "lunch" and he said from yesterday and today, as of the time he left the floor there is 1 phone up for exchange/sale. As the rest are spoken for. They are however only giving people 24 hours to do the swap/double-exchange/re-purchase.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Verizon Selling Note 7 in Spite of Recall!

I do not know if any of you guys have experience this today . I got mine this morning. I was the first to get mine. Verizon was also selling Note 7's also. They told recall people on the phone First come First Serve. They sold 3 to new Note 7 customers while waiting for my brother to finish with his recall unit. They were supposed to be taking care of recalls first. I guess they care more about the money then customer service!

jackash0912

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
All I can speak to is the corporate store that I deal with. That being said......

I've heard people saying that the New Note 7s are/were being sold to people that didn't/don't have Note 7s. How do you KNOW they didn't return their phone and advised they wanted the NEW one when available? In this situation if you DON'T know all the facts it would look like a NEW sale.

Again I am speaking about my store. The ONLY people that got them yesterday were people that are/were on their list. I talked with my friend @ "lunch" and he said from yesterday and today, as of the time he left the floor there is 1 phone up for exchange/sale. As the rest are spoken for. They are however only giving people 24 hours to do the swap/double-exchange/re-purchase.
Bc my husband wanted to purchase one in store today and they would have let him but he couldn't decide which color. Said they werent holding any stock for recalls. First come, first serve.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
So I just looked at my bill which is due the 29th and it appears that they credited me for the first month of my device payment plan. My bill is 36 dollars cheaper than it was this morning and there is an adjustment on my account reflected that deduction. Did anyone else experience this? I actually completely forgot about the 25 dollar credit and I'm not sure if that will be applied on the next billing cycle or what the deal is. Maybe they'll just extend my device payment a month instead which is ok too.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon Selling Note 7 in Spite of Recall!

I do not know if any of you guys have experience this today . I got mine this morning. I was the first to get mine. Verizon was also selling Note 7's also. They told recall people on the phone First come First Serve. They sold 3 to new Note 7 customers while waiting for my brother to finish with his recall unit. They were supposed to be taking care of recalls first. I guess they care more about the money then customer service!
I can contest to this. When I called a store and asked the first thing the dude told me was yes we have them but their first come first serve and no we can't hold them. A simple yes would've sufficed as I was already in route to the store. At least when I arrived it was a pleasant experience.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Whats the green light on the edge people are talking about? I have a green battery icon now, but nothing on the edge?

I can only assume that they're talking about the Night Clock feature where you can choose to have only the Edge Panel function as the always on display while the main screen is off at night. The green battery icon also appears on that edge panel hence the green light on the edge.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I am soooo glad you got this taken care of and good for you for standing your ground on the accessories ... including the S Pen!! I feel so bad for the girl who was turned away because she could not afford to pay tax on a phone she already paid tax on. Shame on Verizon.

Verizon is incorrectly processing these as returns and not as warranty swap. No money should be changing hands on these transactions.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

that is exactly the point each store is following their own SOP for this recall instead of a cohesive plan. at least this is very poor planning by verizon at most it is boarding on negligence to turn people away who want to swap out a recalled device.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Behold the drama of my Note 7 replacement saga.

Last Sunday (9/11), I stopped off at a Verizon corporate store four hours from home with nothing but my Onyx Black Note 7 and the charger. I told them I wanted to trade it for another Samsung until the replacements came in, but because they were the tiniest Verizon corporate store in the history of man they only had the regular S7, and I didn't want to give in to a "way smaller" phone so they offered me an iPhone 6S+. I figured "why not" and did the trade. They didn't ask for the cable, or any accessories, but I left it on the counter by accident in my hurry to get started on my drive home.

Fast forward to the iPhone 7 launch, I tried to be clever and sneak in under the "14 day return policy" and get the iPhone 7 as a "loaner," because why not try all the candies in the box, and got denied. I could either keep the iPhone 6S+ forever and ever and receive a $100 bill credit, or hold my horses for the Note 7. I decided to hold my horses and hold on for the Note 7, and the sales rep promised to text me when the Note 7's arrived.

Keep in mind, I live in podunk Kalispell, MT, and am on a first name basis with the reps at my corporate store, so when she said she'd text me I knew she would. Fast forward through the weekend, and to the 20th, lo and behold, the sales rep texted me and told me to come on in for some tasty Note 7 deliverance. Unfortunately, I was too tired for tasty Note deliverance after working graveyard on a 12 on and 12 off shift and having failed to have gotten any sleep at all due to one sick minion that day, so I decided to go in on the 21st, today, and snag my new Note.

To my horror, my 48 hour bender of little to no sleep and taking care of a sick kiddo caught up to me and rather than wake up from a nice snooze after getting off at 7 am, I woke up at 11:20 am. I grabbed the iPhone and the Verizon bag with all its junk in it and shot off to the store. I pulled into the parking lot at 11:45 to find it completely full (for a small VZW store). Walked in the door and the rep that had messaged me the day before came shooting over and said "we're all out..." Rage. All I felt was rage. "Just kidding, we got another shipment this morning. All three colors."

They put me in the queue and told me it'd be about 30 minutes, which I agreed to so I could have a look at cases as I had accidentally left THAT on the counter four hours away as well, and I am nit picky to the day I die about cases. Not even five minutes later I was swept up by a sales rep I had never seen before in my life. Literally. He leads me awkwardly around this huge display of Beats and Mophie cases, then back the opposite way and I ask if we could sit somewhere, anywhere as I hadn't slept well and he led me up to one of the standing bars, of course.

He goes through the motions, finds my account, I slap the iPhone in his hand and he looks absolutely horrified, then mentions he's only been on the floor for three days. He asks me to remove the Touch ID so he can take the phone into the back and call Verizon as he knew how to exchange Samsung for Samsung but not Apple for Samsung. I took it with a grain of salt and removed my Touch ID and away he went. I literally stood at the standing bar for 20 minutes without a peep from this kid. He totally popped smoke and I thought he may have been dressed as a Verizon employee and absconded with my million dollar dinosaur. Eventually, another rep tells me on his way by that so and so was still in back with the store manager going through the motions with Verizon over the phone, and this rep hands me back my iPhone so that I will "have something to do while I waited for so-and-so." I thanked him, but couldn't stand anymore so I went and sat at the accessories bar and watched other customers coming in and getting their new Note 7's or finishing up the exchange process and started to get anxious.

About 20 minutes later, the kid pops back up with a black Note 7 under his arm, and without the bag with all the iPhone junk and accessories. I asked if he had returned the items and credited my account and he said that he had, and then I reminded him I wanted silver and not black this time and he gets a little flustered and heads into the back and comes back with it. He sets the Note down and takes my phone and proceeds to try and factory reset it even though the upgrade approval hadn't come through from Verizon yet. I take the iPhone back, and the rep that handed me back my phone earlier over hears and tells the kid that he needs to call Verizon back right now and get the upgrade reset right now because it should have been automatic. The kid then tells me that "you are so boss, Carly, thank you so much for your patience. You're really boss."

I'm like "what the F does that even mean? I'm ten years older than you, I don't get what the hell you're trying to say to me." and I learned today that "you are boss" apparently means "you're awesome." So he goes into the back, yet again, to call Verizon and sweeps my silver Note 7 away with him. I'm beyond flustered at this point because it's now been TWO HOURS. I understand it's relaunch day, but good grief. Why isn't this kid shadowing another rep instead of working the floor? I get up and march out the front door, straight to my truck, and hop in, roll up the windows are start screaming like a banshee because I'm tired and cranky and I don't want to be tired and cranky to the new guy. I go back inside just in time to meet the kid back at the accessory bar. The upgrade is reset, they can't get around the $20 upgrade fee for some reason but he guarantees it'll be credited back to my account, then he scans my new Note, then before he even opens the box proceeds to once again try to factory reset my iPhone. I watched in horror as he wiped it, then proceeded to set it aside and open the box and setup my phone for me. I should have stopped him, but like I said, I didn't want to be tired and cranky to the new guy. I've tolerated his weird lingo I can't possibly understand through the age gap, he's been snapping on a piece of gum since the first phone call and setting my nerves on fire, and he wiped my phone that I've been precariously balancing half my work and National Guard contacts on via Smart Switch for 2 years now, and now he's trying to rush me out the door.

I snatched my Note from him, and the box and the Tech 21 Evo Wallet case I'd picked out, and blew out the door before he could thank me for coming. Maybe it was just amplified because I was tired, but I think that is one of the worst experiences I've ever had with the VZW corporate store here. I don't even know if anything was actually credited to my bill, and don't know if I'm eligible for the $25 deal from Samsung. I think I'll sleep on it (someday, ha!) and try and figure out if the iPhone accessories were credited to my account, etc.

What a nightmare. I'm glad that's over. I think I need to take a break from Big Red for awhile and hide out at home whenever there's another launch etc.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

I was able to go through the process of ordering a note 7 on the Verizon website, as a new customer, and pick up the same day at my local store.

I did not compete the order as I only started the process to see if my color was in stock there. But there was nothing to stop other new customers from doing so.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Whats the green light on the edge people are talking about? I have a green battery icon now, but nothing on the edge?

It's the Night Clock. Some of us use our phones as an alarm/bedside clock at night. The green battery doesn't bother me (much lol) other than the Night Clock. It really stands out. Oh well. It is what it is. :)

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

The reason I know is that ANYONE can place an order for a new Note 7 online and have it available for store pickup (subject to inventory) in two hours.

WalkingHorse

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is incorrectly processing these as returns and not as warranty swap. No money should be changing hands on these transactions.

The only way there should/could be a charge is if you are getting your replacement N7 at a location that has a different local tax rate from the location you originally purchased.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
The only way there should/could be a charge is if you are getting your replacement N7 at a location that has a different local tax rate from the location you originally purchased.

That make sense kind of, but there should not even be a transaction that needs to be taxed IMO.

But hey my replacement note is shown as shipped howeveri do not have an estimated delivery date yet. I have not asked about the $25 credit yet.

negreenfield

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone with a business account had any luck with this situation? I'm basically stuck in limbo since our IT department has no idea, the mobile departement cannot be contacted directly and is basically saying our company has no stance. I called Verizion and they stated I have to go through our Business Consultant. So I'm basically stuck waiting. I'm tempted to go to a store and at least try. I have a receipt at least.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone with a business account had any luck with this situation? I'm basically stuck in limbo since our IT department has no idea, the mobile departement cannot be contacted directly and is basically saying our company has no stance. I called Verizion and they stated I have to go through our Business Consultant. So I'm basically stuck waiting. I'm tempted to go to a store and at least try. I have a receipt at least.

can not hurt to try

Status
Not open for further replies.